“Bodyboard coaching weekend May 2014”

Newquay Activity Centre
Ranked #1 of 44 Tours in Newquay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Newquay Activity Centre is a first class provider of fantastic activities and adventures in Newquay, Cornwall. Newquay Activity Centre is home to the Newquay Activity Centre Surf School, the Bodyboard School and Coastline Coasteering. Choose from surfing, bodyboarding, coasteering, stand up paddle board & other activities for individuals or groups. We are perfectly located on Headland Road overlooking Fistral Beach, a great base for all your adventurous activities!
Redruth, United Kingdom
“Bodyboard coaching weekend May 2014”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

'Bring it on' was my moto for the latest coaching weekend. I was determined to improve my technique and pull out a barrell roll (which was awesome in my head on dry land and not so much in practise!). The coaches and Aaron were encouraging and motivating all weekend, even on the last session when there was very little left in the tank for me to give. Personally, I'd like to thank Aaron for making me realise just how much I had improved since I picked up my fins for the first time last summer, his photography and video analysis were spot on. Met some great new friends who I hope to see again on the Morocco trip in November this year. Awesome job guys, no doubt I'll be back for more!!!

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Bodyboarding coaching weekend”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Never one for writing reviews or "buying into" ones I've read good or bad! But after the fantastic weekend I've just had I feel I need to! ( which is good as I'd already booked two more weekends and the morocco trip for March!) Everything from the first email I send to rob/Rachel to the first face to face meeting Saturday morning was spot on. To say I was a little apprehensive walking up the slope to the shop would be understatement of the year! These vanished as I was directed to the room for the first group meet/briefing. Here the group were introduced to the coaches/each other with aims discussed for the weekend.

The first session in the water was great learning how to duck dive/paddle out with video analysis by Aaron being shown over lunch helped a huge amount to show what was going right and what wasn't so great!

Over the coarse of the weekend my riding has improved massively with me now being about to do a few things I've read/watched for a while believing these would always be beyond me. My riding was very basic to say the least but has improved the last two days. - so massive thanks to joe & Aiden for this! & rob on the Sunday

Saturday evening the group meet at the stable for food and a few drinks, which was great, again a nice relaxed vibe with a special thanks to Aaron for meeting me by the door and keeping the conversation flowing!

Fantastic weekend all round can't wait for the next one & morocco cheers guys!

Yeovil
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Activity Stag Weekend”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We went to NAC on the Saturday 3rd May 2014 for Surfing (SUPERB) and on the Sunday May 4th 2014 we had the High Tide Coasteering and Jetski – Utterly Fantastic.

The Instructors were a real laugh, we had a clear safety Brief at the point of each jump, or change in the activities, the handling of the group was brilliant and I had feedback from all the guys that was just excellent. The Kit we used was all good, and the cost was MORE than fair for the fun we had.

We are all looking at going back, not as a stag group but as a group of very happy customers.

So, In Summary THANK YOU!!!! NAC Totally superb..

See you soon!!!!

Kind Regards

Mark Pomeroy

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic weekend bodyboarding”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Just had a fantastic weekend learning to bodyboard for the first time. Great team of instructors. Special thanks to Jo and Rob for your patience and pushing me to catch and enjoy some waves and Aaron for catching us on camera. Great experience and I am so up for a week in the sun bodyboarding with you guys in Morocco.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly recommend for Surfing & Coasteering!!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We had a beginners surfing lesson with Pedro - so much fun! Pedro was great, always felt safe and learnt a lot in a short space of time. We were thinking about coasteering and were persuaded to go back the next day to give it a go - thank goodness we did! Amazing! Lots of encouragement but not forced to do the big jumps, taken out by Pedro, Tom, Johnny and Adam. Such great guides, again always felt safe but a good laugh. Professional from start to finish - already planning our next trip back for more!! Thanks NAC! Daisy and Joe x

Visited April 2014