“True professionals”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“True professionals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

This is a must do activity if you like to try something different. The two instructors Mark and Tom (?) were lovely,friendly and very knowledgeable guys and always put safety first so if you are feeling apprehensive don't worry about your safety. My family wanted to do this activity but I was very worried about being in the sea way out of my depth as I have a true fear of deep water. Deciding that I had to try or else miss out on an adventure, I put on the wetsuit, helmet and buoyancy jacket and off I went along the rocks. Then it was time to get into the water and swim. I managed to swim a few metres ok but then I found it too exhausting swimming against the tide so I decided it wasn't for me and asked to be pulled out as I had started to panic and couldn't breath (which is not what you should do I might add! So its all totally my fault!). Safely back on the rocks, I decided to stay there whilst the rest of the group carried on. Never once did the instructors make me do anything I didn't want to do and they were both very supportive and understanding. I only had to sit and admire the view for a short time before the group came back from the swim in the caves (which my family told me was very dark and narrow at one point) and then I got to watch the cliff jumps into the sea. My youngest son fulfilled one of his wishes to jump off a high rock into the sea so I was happy to witness this making the whole adventure worthwhile.

It is best to book directly with Mad Ferret via their website as we had booked via a shop in Newquay and somewhere there was miscommunication. We wanted to pay extra and go alone as a family because of my fear of deep water, but when we turned up we were told that we would be joined by another family of four. The other family were great and it probably worked out better this way as their son probably helped to encourage my youngest to try the high jumps.

Overall, this is a highly recommend adventure. Go with Mad Ferret and all will be fine!

Visited August 2013

Salisbury, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Excellent Stag Weekend Activity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

This was the opening event for a Stag Weekend, and it really didn't disappoint! The website was easy to navigate and contained all the necessaries, and we were in regular communications with the instructor to find the site and prepare for the event. Something that impressed from the outset: they checked the tidal currents for our day to recommend the best time to start for the best experience, something no one else did during planning. Be prepared for an early start, but the trade off for us was a feeling we were getting the best jumps and avoiding the crowds as the other coasteering companies began to appear later on. Starting early was definitely the right move!

Instructors were fun, friendly and very professional: they really knew their stuff. They were fully safety conscious (and always jumped first!) but you never felt they were excessively risk averse and were giving you a tame ride. They perfectly matched the challenge level to the group they were leading and gave us the best experience for our ability and fitness.

All said, a cracking start to the weekend and an experience I can't recommend highly enough. Got the strong impression these guys are the best of a growing trade in this area. An additional plus is the military discount on offer, something we servicemen and women really appreciate. Thanks guys, looking forward to the next time!!!

Visited August 2013
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Epic day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

Guys running it really friendly, really helpful and it all made for a brilliant afternoon.

I really couldn't recommend it highly enough. I had a brilliant time.

Visited July 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

The two instructors we had were extremely friendly and demonstrated and explained everything very well. I was with a group of 7 other friends and I was the first to chicken out on only the second jump! But there was no pressure to do anything we weren't comfortable with making the trip great fun for everyone. We'll definitely be returning to them next time we're in the area!

Visited June 2013
“Great instructors”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

The two instructors were brilliant. They explained and demonstrated everything really clearly. Even when I wimped out halfway through there was no pressure to continue doing something I wasn't comfortable with.

With regards the activity itself, the jumps were fun but I would say you need to be a fairly competent swimmer or at least comfortable getting taken by the swell a bit (I wasn't!) Everyone in the group had a fantastic time though.

Visited June 2013