“Great Budget Holiday”

Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
Sussex
“Great Budget Holiday”
Reviewed 18 May 2011

This hotel is the base for great budget coach holidays. It offers an ideal location, close to the beach, town and local buses. The advantages of the hotel are good food, friendly helpful staff, great evening entertainment, lovely swimming pool. I can't say it was perfect as my room suffered from overheating and noise from the central heating system, but I know this only affected some rooms. It also has the squeakiest bedroom floors I've ever encountered. However I can for give them the disadvantages as in every other way the offer a fantastic holiday at a bargain price. I certainly hope to return to see more of Cornwall.

Room Tip: Check for noisy central heating
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
8 Thank jazzcatjan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2011

Travelled by Daish's coach with Honley Male Voice Choir to the cornish music festival we were picked up on time the driver Lynn, courteous and friendly. arrived at estimated time at hotel, hotel staff efficient and courteous. Had a third floor room with sea view refurbished room and spotless bathroom. Meals were very good and good choices waiting staff efficient and friendly.Would recommend to friends, although lift a bit on the slow side No complaints whatsoever. Well done Barrowfield
D and M Jagger

Room Tip: ask for top floor room with sea view
  • Stayed April 2011
6 Thank David190748
Diss, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2011

I found a maggot in my dinner and the Manager didn't seem surprised - and offered me a drink! And I had toiletries stolen from my room as well, so I don't think I will go back

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank warfarinman
chrisdaishs19, Director of Sales at Barrowfield Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2011
Having checked this comment with the manager of the hotel it transpires that the "maggots" in question were in fact a caterpillar, that must have been in the vegetables. not a pleasant discovery at mealtimes, but something that happens, however stringent the controls. hence the manager's response, and the offer of a bottle of wine. it also seems that the "stolen toiletries" were in fact a toothbrush that had dropped down the sink! staff retrieved it eventually, but there's not much demand for used toothbrushes in Newquay.
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2011

stayed for four days staff very helpful and friendly,food excellent ,wide choice( especially breakfast ) and plenty, beds very comfy, evening entertainment above usual standard lots of jokes and laughter. All in all great value for money.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jaybemic
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2011

me my grandaughter and friends stayed at the barrowfields hotel and we all ad a laugh it was lovely the entertainment was really gud swimming pool sauna and jucusie was brill the town was lovely went there every day wish i was still there now me and my grandaughter stacvey loved it the whole 6 days

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank tyler000
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2010

I have recently returned from a Turkey and Tinsell holiday at the Barrowfields Hotel with several of my friends . Hotel really good , staff very helpful and friendly , and food good,
BUT.
We chose the Barrowfields because they have entertainment every night .We are club people and entertainment is paramount with me and my friends
On our first night we had a guy paying the organ , he just alright .Then we had guy messing about with balloons ( if we wanted that sort of entertainment , we could have gone to a childrens party).Then on the Tuesday night we had a guy doing a sixties show , IN DREAMS, What a difference he started at 8.45 instead of 9.00pm as advertised , he then sang for two and half hours non stop. He performed really well ,we sang along and danced , the night passed so quickly we didn't want it to end. I have not long returned, from a quite expensive cruise , and this act was as good if not better than on the cruise.
After the show we bought a couple of his CDs, and said we will see him next year only to be told that they have not booked him for next year ( really can't understand why this guy worked hard and was brilliant at what he does).I have his web-site , so I will be looking where he is appearing next year , as will my friends.A very disappointed lady.
I must also say the two guys on the next night were also very entertaining , but not on long enough.Alice Midlands

Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank alicefaye51
Caernarfon
Reviewed 27 October 2010

Stayed 4 nights from Oct 11 in room 111. The weather was warm & sunny so spent most of the time on excursions or in Newquay town centre (an easy 10 minute walk).
Efficiently run hotel with breakfast at 8.30 and evening meal at 18.30 sharp. No complaints with food quality, presentation and service. The rooms are comfortable and clean but smallish and basic. Mostly caters for pensioners on budget coach trips with the nightly entertainment reflecting this. A swimming pool, sauna and bathing towels are available to guests at no extra charge. Free wireless internet is available in the reception area but you will have to bring your own equipment. An enjoyable stay with no complaints - but do not expect 4 or 5 star luxury.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple