3 people are viewing this hotel
Get rewarded with One Key
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
1,884 results
All reviews self drive turkey and tinsel coach trip entertainment every night short break bar prices swimming pool tesco express meal times walk in shower each evening bus stop great holiday restaurant staff lovely break enjoyable stay lovely room
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 February 2024

1st time with daish just felt like we were just dumped at the hotel when got of coach. No driver to be seen as we had to change coaches at exeter services then that driver had to go back to torquay.Didnt know how we were getting back on departure day Lack of information.reception staff just said we dont have any to do with the coaches depending on how many drivers there is to wether you merge again. Receptionist should know this information.Half price bar two nights but if t wasnt for other guest metioning it we wouldnt of known which days.Food was touch and go.
Only did 1 trip out. We didnt even feel like we were on a coach holiday
Good points room very clean and kept clean..tesco across the road and bus stop across the road

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Carla Manners, Owner at Barrowfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2024

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review, we welcome all feedback.
The decision to merge a coach isn't taken lightly, we do assess the situation before confirming this so we do not have to cancel any tours.
I am sorry for any inconvenience caused to you. Information regarding the half price bar nights would be available at reception for you.
We do aim to run at least 1 coach trip during your stay, this will depend on the uptake of guests booked. We hope you will consider booking with us again.

Reviewed 2 January 2024

Changed my rating from Average to poor on the basis that I had contacted the hotel with constructive criticism, with no intention of putting comments on Tripadvisor, to be met by denials & unwillingness to accept any faults.
We were virtually the last visitors prior to closure for 'refurbishment', boy could you tell.
Two coachloads of regular "Turkey & Tinsellers" duly arrived.
First reflection was it didn't seem as Christmassy as previous Daish hotels.
Our room had a problem with the hot water & the shower itself, when reporting it to reception a number of others were also complaining that they were having problems with hot water & the swimming pool was very cold.
We were given another room, with no offer of help to move, so I had to do it myself.
Not particularly acceptable ( I have sent them photographic evidence), but we didn't want to move again.
Surprised that the entertainer had to be emcee, do the quiz, do the draw & do the Bingo before even stating their 'turn'.
We were stood outside one morning awaiting a trip that just didn't turn up, I know that the hotel was let down but obviously didn't check that it was on it's way!!
No carols, no Santa, no choirs, not much decoration, was it "Turkey and Tinsel' without the tinsel.
Let's be honest, this hotel needs the refurbishment that was due (if in fact it was due to be refurbished? Apartments?).
Severely understaffed, there was no one on reception when there was a problem.
There were some good points, mainly the staff who were brilliant (under difficult circumstances) and the food which was good.
Having reported it, as I say, there was very little wrong in their eyes, to the point of questioning my version of events (I put that kindly).

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank robwP7433KS
Karen Pegram, Guest Services / Front Office at Barrowfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2024

All feedback is appreciated and, on receipt of your email, I fully investigated your complaint.

I am sorry you were dissatisfied with certain elements of the holiday but maintain that general feedback was very positive.

Reviewed 17 December 2023

My husband and I stayed at The Barrowfield Hotel as our base for a coach holiday with Whittles Travel from Kidderminster. The tour and excursions were okay but the coach was a little small for such a long journey. The afternoon tea box provided was much appreciated however and a nice touch. Now for the minus! We were however extremely disappointed with the hotel. Our allocated room was large but we had grave concerns which we raised with the hotel manager. There was black mould on the walls around the windows and one of the windows would only open when propped open with a piece of wood. The base of the divan bed was extremely badly marked and scratched as was the door into the bathroom. The walls in the bathroom too were badly covered in mould and the radiator covered with rust. There were also a few stains on the carpet. I realise now that I should have taken photographs. The manager listened politely to our concerns but said that there was nothing she could do as the hotel was full and they could not afford to have a room lying empty during the season. She said that rooms were slowly being refurbished. The manager and other staff were friendly and welcoming. We also had concerns over the menu, particularly breakfast. Two of the options available were a Bacon Sandwich or Sausage Sandwich, a first as a hotel breakfast for me! The Continental option was just a Croissant and an Apple. The choices overall were very limited and not at all appetising. I do not know if the menu was devised by the hotel or by Whittles because despite contacting the company by letter and by email and involving their parent company of Johnsons of Henley-in-Arden, they have completely ignored me, not even an acknowledgment from Whittles. I notice that this hotel is still being used by Whittles in their 2024 brochure, photographs deceiving ,which incidentally has been put into my waste paper bag. I will never use this coach company or hotel again so travellers beware!

Room tip: Beware photographs in the brochure and online
Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Karen Pegram, Guest Services / Front Office at Barrowfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2024

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us a review.

Reviewed 10 December 2023

Went with a coach load. Everyone enjoyed their stay. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The food and accommodation were excellent. We also enjoyed the entertainment. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Carla Manners, Owner at Barrowfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2023

Thankyou for your review, we welcome all feedback and comments, It is great to hear you had a positive stay with us in Newquay.
We do hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 27 November 2023

No hot water or heating on a couple of days. Had to wait for vegetables to be cooked, when they did arrive they were half raw, sprouts still frozen. Food was adequate. on a plus the staff were helpful and friendly, hotel run down would not stop there again .

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Carla Manners, Owner at Barrowfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2023

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry some aspects of your holiday were not up to the standard you should expect.
I will pass this feedback onto the Hotel Manager to review and rectify any issues found.
If you have a complaint following your holiday please email into customer services at info@daishs.com