“Excellent welcome for "grockles"!!”
Review of The Kings Head Inn

The Kings Head Inn
Ranked #124 of 249 Restaurants in Newquay
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: THE KINGS HEAD is a traditional family friendly pub a few 100 yards from Morrisons in Newquay.At The Kings Head we endeavour to serve fantastic good value food, using local produce wherever it is possible.We offer a wide selection of beers, wines & spirits.We provide a warm welcoming atmosphere for you to enjoy while having you meal, a drink with friends or a game of pool or darts.We also hold a quiz night every thursday night.There is a large car park opposite the pub with plenty of room for over 80 cars - handy for people popping in for lunch.
Reviewed 15 April 2014

we visited this pub primarily to watch our favorite sports teams as the local caravan park we were at didn't have SKY sports, what a fab decision! superb hostelry provided by the young lady from atherstone? near Bolton (i believe) and made to feel welcome by all.
because of this we ate hear several times (superb quality food) and for the food, service and hospitality i would recommend to all. only down point that stopped me giving five is as an ex smoker, to have to walk through the smoking area to get to the gents is very poor!, fix this and you have five from five

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We stayed at a local caravan site, but because they didn't have Sky Sports on the site, my husband watched a match here. He said the drink he had was good value and he was able to watch the game with no interruptions!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Lovely pub however we had an interesting visit. The starter of soup was amazing in fact one of the best starters we have ever had. However I ordered the pie for my mains and when it came out it was like someone had been playing around with my food. It was like an open pie but that was not how described. When we complained which was straight after it was served I was told I was lying and that it came out of the kitchen as a proper pie. Really bad customer service and I didn't end up eating a meal there. I'm sure this was a one off and I was told the waitress was new.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Called in here or a couple of beers.. You can tell a lot from a business's approach to their toilets.
The male toilets are approached from the main bar through the external smoking area. As you enter the WC there is a single sit down trap to the left. This is tastefully decorated with white tiles and was very clean, apart from the corners which could do with a scraper to bring the loo area back to pristine condition. The prominence of this trap to the external smoking area may cause problems for anyone with an explosive bowel condition , which may be heard by anyone smoking outside.
The urinal area consists of three urinals and two wash hand basins. This area is spotlessly clean, finished in white tiles with a cheeky little blue and turquoise infill. The whole area is fragranced with air fresheners dispensing a relaxing bergamot aroma. There is also a condom machine which dispenses plain rubbers at two for a pound, With a nearby local holiday facility with a capacity of nearly 8000 persons in the summer , perhaps a selection of flavours, colours, and the all time favourite - ribbed ticklers, would be better.
The copper pipework could be burnished with a little Dura Glit, to bring this oasis up to 10/10.

All in all ,these toilets are among the best in Newquay. Get in and have a drink, and enjoy

2  Thank headluv
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

On a cold Sunday afternoon what better than to go for a roast. However, what we walked into was by far the worst customer service I have EVER come across.
We walked in, and stood in a sightly que. Then after around 20 minutes we were greeted by a waitress. She asked us if we had a table (we didn't) so she got us one by the door because 'The seating area is cold because we haven't put the heating on' Bearing in mind it is winter?! There were approx 6 people in the pub. What we didn't realise was that while she was faffing around slagging off the owners and their tightness of electricity bills we still needed to que to pay for our meal and to collect our drinks. We then lost our space in the que and joined the back. This time a couple more waitresses or bar staff came to the bar, picked up a cloth and made themselves look busy. Another 10-15 minutes passed and a couple walked in behind us. Clearly regulars. Whom were greeted by a lady bar member (Northern accent) She informed them that one of their tills aren't working and their coke machine had broken. Had she acknowledged our presence we too should have been told this as an explanation of why we had been stood there was almost half an hour. She then looked at me with a face saying 'What do you want' But hey, at least she realised we were there! When we questioned if we could pay for our lunch so we could eat, her words were 'Well as I've just said to them, one of our tills is down, you can go sit down or wait or whatever. I don't care' Her mannerism and attitude was simply disgusting. A lady in her 50's shouldn't play the patronising trick either. So disgusting I didn't need to say anything and we left. Having lived in Cornwall all our lives and this pub being very local, I cannot express to you how down-hill it has gone. The owners really need to invest is some well mannered and happy staff.
We left still hungry and shocked by this foul excuse of a staff member. However, the Lanhern pub (5 minutes away) were more than happy to accommodate us. Safe to say, we left very full with the most delicious roast in our tummies and a smile on our faces with thanks to their happy staff!
A word of advice for your staff "An unhappy customer will tell 10+ people, a happy customer will tell no more than 3" It's a well known fact.
Never ever again!