“Great for a long weekend”

Vacation Lodge Newquay
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newquay
Vacation Lodge Newquay
“Great for a long weekend”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Good location for trips into town or to the beaches but far enough from the clubs to be quiet at night

Small and basic rooms but very clean and comfortable apart from the pillows which were very thin resulting in us buying our own to use

Showers and toilets are always clean and the common area and kitchen were always clean and tidy

Great hosts, really friendly and welcoming. They created a really relaxed atmosphere and there were common sense rules about drinking/smoking and keeping the place clean but we were free to come and go as we pleased

Parking was a short walk away which was only an issue when unloading and loading baggage but parking permit was supplied by the lodge which was great

Really enjoyed the stay and hope to come back in the near future :)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Laura W

Families
Couples
Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The rooms where basic but clean however by the second day the toilet did have discussing odour which a appeared to be the sewers. For 7 girls getting ready was a little bit small but I guess for £50 for a whole weekend it was easy and suitable for what we needed... Somewhere to sleep!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Jazzie012
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Budget accommodation found in the middle of the town, saving hassle and money on taxi's or buses. Rooms are basic and clean but have all the necessities you could want. It is similarly priced to pitching a tent and it offers 10x more living comfort than camping.

I have revisited the lodge every summer for nights out with groups of mates and always enjoyed the laid back, friendly staff and convenience of the location especially after a few drinks and you just need to stumble back into bed.

I highly recommend this lodge

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Richard P
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Me and 3 of my girl friends stayed in a 4 bed dorm during Boardmasters weekend. Basic but clean. Staff were friendly. Perfect central location. Appeared to attract a lot of stag do's but we had absolutely no problems. It was pretty quiet around the hostel day and night. The shared shower/toilets were cleaned everyday. Really pleased we stayed here and we would definitely stay again :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rachel O
Gillingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I've just returned from a stag do.

On checking in the guy (who we presume manages the place) seemed okay, if not somewhat scruffy.

He explained the rules and asked that we all gave a bond of £20 each, along with our names and mobile numbers. We did so, although it is fair to say that some of our group were a bit drunk and this led to some confusion.

The 'lodge' is situation very close to the centre of Newquay. I wasn't expecting a luxury break, and had read a few nights before arriving that it was shared accommodation. We were in a room of 7, and this seemed pretty typical of the accommodation. Three bunk beds and a single, with an ensuite shower room/toilet.

You have to bring your own towels/toiletries etc.

Typically, you would hear drunken shenanigans throughout the night, with guests spilling out into the street. You are given a pin code for the front door and your own room (for want of a better word).

The stag do itself (nothing to do with the lodge) went well.

On checking out, I asked the guy to check our room so that we can have our deposit's back and leave. He looked around them and then handed me the cash (I wasn't even the best man) to distribute to everybody. When I came to do this, it was £20 short. When I informed him, he got very uptight and complained "you lot were a pain in the a*se when checking in, and you were all p*ssed". He was referring to the fact that as a prank a couple of the guys names were repeated, and this was explained on check-in. I was also not drunk, as I had driven down. Besides which, wouldn't you expect some guests to be drunk on a stag do!

Our believe is that £20 had been taken, but we cannot prove this (as he would well know). My advice to anybody staying here is to ask for an individual receipt (to be given back when you get your refund), and not to allow this man to pass the responsibility of handing back the money to you.

Personally, even if I was going on a stag do, I would NEVER stay at this place again, and I will be emailing the organising company to raise the issue of the £20. Hopefully, they will consider alternative accommodation for future events.

One last point - if you plan to drive, there is no parking, and I couldn't find anywhere to park on the surrounding streets. I had to park about 400 yards away, at a cost of around £30 for the two nights.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends