“Fantastic views”
Review of Lewinnick Lodge

Lewinnick Lodge
Ranked #15 of 107 Newquay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 February 2013

The room was fantastic and the most stunning views. The bed was so comfortable. The only issue with the room was the shower head needed descaling, the water jets shot out at all angles and some didn't work. Unfortunately there were a few things that didn’t match up to the standard of the room.
When we arrived we felt that it wasn’t clear where you had to go to check in. We asked a member of the bar staff and he wasn’t sure either! It turned out you had to go the the restaurant bar.
The lady who showed us to our room was very pleasant but didn’t explain anything about the room e.g you had to phone to get milk for your tea/coffee, Internet access (which turns out you had to pay for, which I think is a bit much considering the price they charge for the room), that there was a iPod docking station we could use ( we found it hidden behind a curtain just as we were leaving!) The biggest let down was the breakfast. Although the food was fantastic I have never been to a hotel that doesn’t have cereal or fruit on the menu. The staff took our order delivered our food and we never saw them again. At no point did they ask us if everything was ok or would we like refills for our tea /coffee or more toast or just anything! The toast came on the same plate as the cooked breakfast no extra plate and no jam/marmalade offered. It was a shame as this hotel is in a fantastic location the room was superb they just need to short out a few things before I would go back.

Room Tip: Sea view is a must here.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Lewinnick Lodge

Reviewed 3 February 2013

This is a beautiful restaurant, with a sophisticated and stylish decoration and stunning views out over the sea. Staff always friendly and food is always up to an exceptionable standard, providing great value for money. We have visited on many occasions both lunch and evening and always consistent.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I cannont comment on the Lewinnick Lodge as a place to stay but I visited here in August 2012 for dinner with a friend and it was brilliant. The food was excellent, the ambiance was relaxed, the view was stunning, the staff were attentive and helpful. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and we came back again another day during our holiday for drinks on the terrace because we enjoyed it so much. Defo recommend this as a place to eat out!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 January 2013

The food here is fresh, local and seasonal, dishes sell out quick including the desserts which are also home made. Great location and the Sunset view is the best in Newquay.

Great for a day drink and lunch but the wind can get up. Make sure you have sun glasses and lotion as the veranda is a Sun trap.

Bar area is uber cool in a square shape where you can sit for hours an chill. Great selection of wines and food.

We returned twice in our week long holiday and we ( 2 adults and 2 14 year old boys), all voted it to be our favourite all round place in Newquay.

(Toilets also very trendy, very clean and are kept immaculate).

Please click if this was useful or you liked this.

Room Tip: Only used restaurant.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul C
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Just returned from a 3 night mid Christmas break at The Lewinnick Lodge. It was well worth the long journey down from York. What an amazing location with wonderful sea views from a fantastic, well designed bedroom.

This is a hidden gem in Cornwall, which will not stay hidden for long!! The bedroom was a few meters from the sea cliffs, overlooking Fistral beach and the surrounding headland. The massive picture window framed the bay and lying in the massive and extremely comfortable bed looking out at the view was a great thrill. The thunderous waves were a sight to be seen, yet with the window closed they could not be heard so a good nights sleep was assured.

The breakfasts were delicious and the menu was very comprehensive with a enough choice to have something different every morning over a 7 day stay.

We will definitely return if we can get a vacancy but when the word gets out it may be difficult

Room Tip: Be Sure to ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Lewinnick Lodge has been a favourite place of mine for about 12 years and its always the first place we head to when we arrive in Cornwall for our twice yearly trips. When I discovered during a break earlier in the year that they were adding rooms, I just had to book! I've just returned from a three night break over new year and I'm delighted to say it didn't disappoint. There was a slight mix up with our room on arrival, I had booked the sunset room but was allocated the sunrise room, with views over to the headland and Fistral. This actually worked out better for us as the views were simply stunning, and the room was gorgeous. I had been concerned that the room over the bar would have been noisy, I needn't have worried as you couldn't hear a thing. The room has been completed to the highest standards and the bed is one of the comfiest I have ever slept in. There's a big walk in shower and free standing bath - all open plan. There are tea/coffee making facilities in the room, no milk though, which we thought a little odd - I'm sure you could get it from the bar but when I work early on the first morning and wanted to make a cup of tea I found I couldn't. Lovely shortbread biscuits in a jar replenished daily too. Housekeeping are very on the ball, every morning whilst we were at breakfast they cleaned our room and were gone again by the time we returned. Excellent service. The staff at Lewinnick are always excellent and this visit was no exception, our room mix up was dealt with politely and professionally (despite the fact I was very annoyed and tired after a long and unpleasant journey!). We booked a table in the restaurant for a family meal for New Year's Eve and that was lovely. The food and service were great and we all had a brilliant time. We've got many happy family memories of time spent in Lewinnick and this stay added to our collection - especially as my sister and her boyfriend got engaged on the deck at midnight! I can't wait to go back and can't recommend it highly enough.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I stayed at the lodge to get some peace and quiet over Christmas. The roaring sea and gusty winds only served to make me feel extra cosy in my room and made it tranquil believe it or not. To watch the light change on Fistral beach as the sun comes up is wonderful. Gorgeous bed ... Great breakfast ... Fabulous views. If I had to voice any criticism it would be the noisy doors up and down the hall which don't shut quietly but could easily be remedied and the air conditioning/heating system which seemed to randomly go on and off despite being told it was switched off. Overall these two points were minor compared to the whole experience. I would love to stay again ......

Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo