“Highly recommended.”

Lewinnick Lodge
Ranked #12 of 107 Newquay B&B and Inns
“Highly recommended.”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

An absolute jem of a find. The whole place is as simply stunning, from the decor to the dining, everything is amazing. Some stunning beaches within walking distance with views to die for. This hotel made our holiday. Highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank darbonator1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2013

The Lewennick may be outside the centre of Newquay but it means you get a quite location and one of the best views of Fistral beach and out over the Atlantic. The view from the terrace is fantastic either at breakfast or watching the sun set in the evening. The bar is busy all day and there is a nice vibe about the place. The food is very good, we ate in the restaurant in the evening and enjoyed a fantastic breakfast. The rooms are spacious, the bathrooms cavernous and the super-king bed a real treat. The staff are welcoming and very helpfull. Well worth a visit!

Room Tip: You have to get a sea view!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Marlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We stayed at Lewinnick Lodge for 3 nights over the Bank Holiday weekend. It is in a perfect spot on a headland just outside Newquay with a good restaurant and bar. We particularly liked the large room which didn't have a traditional bathroom. The bath was in the room and there was also a fantastic, large walk in shower. The view over towards Fistral Beach was wonderful and could be seen from the huge 2 metre bed which was extremely comfortable. Although we were directly above the restaurant we heard no noise at all and I am a light sleeper. One night I slept for 10 hours which is absolutely unheard of!
The staff were all very accommodating, nothing was too much trouble and we liked the fact that with only 10 rooms we felt more like house guests than hotel guests.
We enjoyed exploring the beautiful surroundings, especially Crantock beach which was directly opposite the headland.

Room Tip: Any sea facing room
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EnglishLady
torquay
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is a beautiful small hotel to stay in Newquay, i stay here on business trips and cannot fault it, from the moment you arrive to leaving. it may seem a bit strange when you first visit to check in via the restaurant but as this is a small hotel all staff help out. The rooms have amazing views of the sea, they are very large and spacious, the beds are larger than a standard double. I have eaten in the restaurant and had room service both equal quality , very good. The staff are very attentive especially as i was travelling alone. The breakfast is vast and certainly sets you up for the day, the porridge is the best i have had anywhere.
i am a fussy traveller and found it difficult to find a fault with this hotel, the bath is free staning and large, there is also a large shower. all in all fantastic.

Room Tip: no pool or fitness centre but lots of activities locally
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jackie k
Nottingham
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

Its been years since i stayed at Newquay and have fond memories from younger days of my visits to the town, i wanted to stay near but not in the town centre so I choose Lewinnick lodge for 1 night while on business, I stayed in room no.3.
My first impression as I approached was how lovely the hotel was standing on it own headland looking back towards Newquay. You enter from the rear of the building into the bar area, the bar is an open area with plenty of light coming in through the panoramic windows at the front of the property.
I was greeted by a charming lady who ushered me upstairs to the hotel reception, I was then shown to my room.
The room is spacious and has lovely views out over the bay, the sea coming right up too the hotel frontage.
I liked the interior decor and the layout of the room, sorry, I didn't understand the bath next to the bed? But,it didn't spoil in anyway the high standard of the of the room, the bed was very comfy and I slept very well with the curtains and window open for full effect. I particularly liked the the wet room shower, the underfloor heating in the toilet was also a nice touch.
I eat in the Resturant, the food was to my liking as was the wine, both were very good value, there was a nice buzz to the Resturant which was busy but didn't feel overcrowded. I eat breakfast in the Resturant next morning and it pretty much set me up for the day.
The service I received from the moment I arrived, all through dinner and on to breakfast and check was very good and I have to say that all the staff without exception were efficient, friendly and seemed to enjoy being there to serve you.
I'm have no criticism at all to offer and thoroughly enjoy the hotel, views and the food during my stay.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2013

When I booked this place I was un sure if the pictures were as good when you actually got there but wow the photos don't do it justice!

We stayed in room 7 and the views from the room were absolutely incredible. It was my Fiance's 30th so wanted it to be special for her and knew I achieved this with the look on her face when we walked in!

We also eat on one of the nights and the food was just as good as the view! A lot of locals come here to eat and drink which shows how good this place is.

We have already talked about coming back here next year....any one who is considering coming here needs to as you definitely will not be disappointed!

• Stayed April 2013
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Wow what a fantastic place! We spent 3 perfect days in this little piece of heaven and can't praise it enough. The accommodation is appointed to 5 star quality, the views from the panoramic windows stunning. The bed was one of the most comfortable (and biggest) I have slept in and the bed linen beautiful quality - very luxurious. The staff were really helpful and friendly - we booked our meals ahead of time having read other reviews and had no problem getting a table. The food and service (both dinner and breakfast) was excellent. We will definitely return to this outstanding hotel and really look forward to that time!

Room Tip: All the rooms are very well appointed - if you can stretch to the sunrise or sunset (corner rooms) t...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JacquiS3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newquay
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
#12 of 37 in Newquay
The Alverton
The Alverton
#1 of 4 in Truro

Been to Lewinnick Lodge? Share your experiences!