“Oh dear Mr Tim Martin, rude lazy staff”
Review of The Cribbar

The Cribbar
Ranked #102 of 250 Restaurants in Newquay
Price range: US$4 - US$17
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: More than 100 summer jobs have been created in Newquay with the opening of a new £2m pub. The Cribbar will employ 130 in the peak holiday season and about half that at other times, said operator JD Wetherspoon. It takes its name from the Cribbar reef, which stretches out under the sea from Towan Head. Newquay Safe, a partnership of local authorities and police, welcomed the new pub.
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We sat outside the Cribbar and decided to have a burger and a pasty. The barman was polite and although didn't know what table numbers were where (our table had no number) so I had to go back outside and find a table near, no problem. Then our food came quickly, all good, I went inside to get sauces and there was no tomato sauce anywhere so I asked a girl if she had any, her reply, which still takes my breath away now, was " I don't think we have any but if you want to go round the tables looking for some you might find some". I pointed out that my food was getting cold and she may want to look for some for me. I am sure I didn't ask her to climb everest but the look on her face said I did. So I gave up with her and went looking for myself. It's a large pub and took me a few minutes. In the meantime she went outside to have a go at my wife about my attitude. I then told her to leave us alone or give me my money back and I would leave. If she had said "I don't think we have any but I'll have a look round for you" , I wouldn't be writing a review like this.

3  Thank Chris F

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Good food, cheap prices and nice staff
Lovely decor and clean toilets. The fabric seating could do with a clean other than that nothing to complain about. Staff work very hard and great service.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We went their for a Cornish cream tea for bit of leisure. The staff were very helpful and well mannered with nice greeting. The scones was very hot and tasty with moisy soft to chew. The design in the pub was excellent and funky giving a wow factor I ever seen in my life. The toilets was very colourful and good design as well.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Hi all, we visited Newquay in May and searched out The Cribbar for our wedding anniversary day out. It was surprisingly modern and up to date with lots of nice corners and niches to sit in peace and enjoy a quiet meal and drink or 12. The staff were extremely polite and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The food came out quickly and hot and we really liked the new condiment option instead of the old sachets that Wetherspoons had previously. It was quiet while we were there and is a good option for people who want to relax and chat in a lovely place without all noise but still pay Wetherspoons prices for good food and drinks. There is a front seating area outside but the chairs are either too high or there are fibre glass Chesterfield sofas that look so real they hurt ur bum when you plonk yourself down in them. They could do with a good clean too as local tramps could get a decent 3 course meal from the creases and gaps around the fake cushions. That being said it is a good cruel spectator sport to sit inside and watch the next poor victims plonk themselves down on the rock hard cushions. Be careful walking into the lower end doorway when its been raining as the overhead canopy fills with water and drops its load as and when on unfortunate visitors. More rainy day sport! Everything aside we had a great time with fantasic food, drinks and friendly service. We are booked to go to Newquay again in Sept 2014 and look forward to visiting the Cribbar again. The breakfast is the best and as you can see from our photos, we have had a few fry ups in our time. Say hello if you see us down there, mines a Carlsberg. Cheers!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I tried the cribbar for breakfast the staff were very nice, the breakfasts were large and quite tasty, nice latte as well.