“OOPS!”

Ranked #90 of 255 Restaurants in Newquay
Price range: US$4 - US$18
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: More than 100 summer jobs have been created in Newquay with the opening of a new £2m pub. The Cribbar will employ 130 in the peak holiday season and about half that at other times, said operator JD Wetherspoon. It takes its name from the Cribbar reef, which stretches out under the sea from Towan Head. Newquay Safe, a partnership of local authorities and police, welcomed the new pub.
Reviewed 5 July 2014

On the lookout for fish and chips on our last night in Newquay and my partner spotted Cribbar's offer of 'Fish on Friday', drink included, for £4.99. I sat at the table while my partner went to order at the bar. He came back and said the bill was more than expected so, on investigating, it appears that he had been charged nearly eight pounds for one portion of fish and chips because he said he didn't want any peas! When the food arrived, it was cold. Enough! Quietly had a word with the waitress who, to give her her due, sorted out hot food and a refund. Spoiled the experience though - fancy being charged more for less!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

The Missus and I both had a lovely, well cooked steak and chips for lunch. I was greedy and ordered the 14 oz rump. With trimmings and drinks at around £20, this represents incredible value. Friendly Service with a smile too...
Many thanks!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had medium cooked steaks which were cooked just the way we like and were very tasty. The trimmings were a bit ordinary but what do you expect for the money. Service was quick and the bar is a lot better than some Wetherspoons and was quite spacious and not too rowdy.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We sat outside the Cribbar and decided to have a burger and a pasty. The barman was polite and although didn't know what table numbers were where (our table had no number) so I had to go back outside and find a table near, no problem. Then our food came quickly, all good, I went inside to get sauces and there was no tomato sauce anywhere so I asked a girl if she had any, her reply, which still takes my breath away now, was " I don't think we have any but if you want to go round the tables looking for some you might find some". I pointed out that my food was getting cold and she may want to look for some for me. I am sure I didn't ask her to climb everest but the look on her face said I did. So I gave up with her and went looking for myself. It's a large pub and took me a few minutes. In the meantime she went outside to have a go at my wife about my attitude. I then told her to leave us alone or give me my money back and I would leave. If she had said "I don't think we have any but I'll have a look round for you" , I wouldn't be writing a review like this.

3  Thank Chris F
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Good food, cheap prices and nice staff
Lovely decor and clean toilets. The fabric seating could do with a clean other than that nothing to complain about. Staff work very hard and great service.