“Evening out with my daughters family to give them a treat”
Review of Kahuna

Kahuna
Ranked #4 of 244 Restaurants in Newquay
Price range: US$9 - US$22
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Kahuna is ran by husband & wife team Ryan & Kelly Mather. Informal dining in a tropical modern Asian setting. Thoughtfully created with holiday vibes in mind. Pan Asian inspired food packed full of flavours. Local & international drinks, spirits & carefully chosen wines to complement our menu. Sit back & relax while we take care if you. If you are in a rush please be sure to inform us & we will do our best to speed things up for you! Typically our freshly cooked dishes take around 20-30 mins to arrive at your table. Please book ahead to avoid didsapointment. Remember we can now take larger parties up to 12 people, due to our larger premises! We are open evenings only 5.30pm till Late. To make a reservation please use our booking system through our website as our phone line is usually busy with takeaway orders. PLEASE NOTE - If you don't recieve a conformation email when booking through our website, you haven't made a reservation.
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The food was absoulutley stunning such a wide choice of dishes, when the hot food came the plates were always hot nice touch, the staff were always charming and very helpful.Being the first time there you wandered what it would be like,no problems i really injoyed my self and of course the food.I hope the little kauna keeps going for a long time . MIKE .K

There are newer reviews for Kahuna

Reviewed 9 November 2013

The food here is fabulous! The service was really good and they were so accommodating when we said we would have a pushchair with us. You must book as it's quite small but this doesn't affect the atmosphere, very cosy.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Booked Little Kahuna based on excellent reviews. Food was superb and beautifully presented. Freshly cooked to order. We both had the Monkfish scampi which was fantastic. I asked for the Thai Green curry without mussels - no problem here - my request was met with ease! My hubby had the Seabass - again superb. Will definitely book here again when we return to Cornwall. Congratulations to Ryan and Kelly and best wishes for the future which I am sure is rosy!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We wandered in on a wet Sunday night in November. The staff were pleasant and the food excellent. The ribs were falling-off-the-bone tender; the tempura vegetables were crispy; and the Thai Green Curry wonderful. I only wish the restaurant was bigger: 6 tables isn't enough. Keep up the good work!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We ate here in October 2013 and, having been to Jamie Oliver's Fifteen restaurant the night before, we preparing for a nice, but inferior meal at Kahuna. I should have known better..
I've eaten at their previous restaurant on Tolcarne beach but the food has somehow got even better since they set up shop in town with Little Kahuna. The food was way better than Jamie's Fifteen and you cannot beat the value for money. I had the Thai mussels to start and they were quite possibly, the best mussels I have ever eaten; huge in size and quantity and amazing sauce, all served up with generous slabs of break to mop up the sauce. Three of us ordered the Pad Thai for mains, which sounded quite simple but in fact is a beautiful dish, so full of flavour. The portions for main were huge with only one of us being able to finish our dish. The meal cost £115 for four of us with drinks - incredible value considering the standard of the food. The only tiny downside would be that as the place is so small, it gets pretty hot. It's great been close to the kitchen and seeing the chefs prepare the food but an investment in some air conditioning would improve the experience.