“Excellent own recipes”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kahuna

Kahuna
Ranked #5 of 234 Restaurants in Newquay
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Kahuna is ran by husband & wife team Ryan & Kelly Mather. Informal dining in a tropical modern Asian setting. Thoughtfully created with holiday vibes in mind. Pan Asian inspired food packed full of flavours. Local & international drinks, spirits & carefully chosen wines to complement our menu. Grab a rare opportunity to taste the famous Cloudy bay Te Koko. Perfectly balanced to work in harmony with our flavours. Or Gewurtztraminer Verdelho, a mix of two grapes creating a beautifully smooth finishing wine. Sit back & relax while we take care if you. If you are in a rush please be sure to inform us & we will do our best to speed things up for you! Typically our freshly cooked dishes take around 20-30 mins to arrive at your table. Please book ahead to avoid didsapointment. Remember we can now take larger parties due to our bigger premises!
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Excellent own recipes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Welcoming and friendly. Good quality ingredients in own recipies with sublties and depth to taste. Chilli on octopus starter was quite hot.

Visited July 2014

Amersham, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Again we decided to give this place a try because of the impressive Trip Advisor reviews.

Having been there, we can safely say we know why everyone loved it here.

We regularly eat Thai food at home, but this is by far and away the best Thai meal we have ever had.

The service was excellent, as was the value-for-money. The menu was a little limited, but everything we ordered was incredible, as was demonstrated by the fact we ate absolutely everything that was put in front of us.

We had the prawn crackers to begin with which were obviously freshly cooked for us when they arrived,

We then hard the sharing platter to start. Superbly cooked, full of extraordinary flavours and very substantial. The chicken satay, the prawn tempura, the duck spring rolls, the salad and the sauces were like nothing we had ever tasted before.

I had the beef teriyaki and salad as a main course which was delicious, as was my wife's beef curry and my son' pad thai.

My son's orange sorbet was so good I had to have some of my own after had finished my salted caramel chocolate pot, which was superb as well. I have had a lot if sorbet but the taste and the texture were amazing.

You must try this place if you are in the area. Make sure you book though as it's not that big.

Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Little by name, big on taste”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

One of the reasons I love Trip Advisor, is that I don't miss out on lovely places like Little Kahuna in Newquay. Great, friendly service and some of the best food I've had in recent time - so much so that I'm going back later in the week.

Whatever you do, don't miss the squid salad - it's to die for! Also had the chicken and tiger prawn pad thai which tasted very fresh and definitely fills you up.

• Visited July 2014
Stevenage, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We visited whilst on holiday after reading the reviews on trip advisor and we were very impressed! The food was amazing, freshly cooked to order and the menu is quite unusual. Excellent friendly service, with water served on arrival and very welcoming. The only problem would be that it is quite a small restaurant, so booking is essential to avoid disppointment.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank jadews123
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food and Service..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

The only complaint I have about this restaurant is that we only discovered it on the last night of our holiday. Like everyone else says, amazing food and service and a reason to visit Newquay.
Enjoy..