“Great food, good atmosphere.”

The Pheasant Inn Public House
Ranked #63 of 231 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cornwall
“Great food, good atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

The Pheasant has always been a great 'proper pub', and we were interested to see if it still continued this tradition under new management. The answer is a resounding 'Yes'! If anything, the food is even better. Don't expect modern decor, or ridiculous prices - its still a pub - thank goodness!

• Visited July 2013

Wrexham, Wales, United Kingdom
“Excellent service and food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Visited on a whim. Didn't have a booking, but we're taken straight to an available table despite the fact the pub was really busy. Lovely, friendly staff. The food was very good quality and reasonably priced. I recommended the the penne pasta with pan fried chicken and bacon-beautiful!
Wish I wasn't watching the waistline as the cheesecake looked absolutely incredible!
So all in all, excellent service and tasty food-if I'm in Newquay again I will definitely visit!

Visited July 2013
Kingston upon hull
“Excellent Restaurant/local”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

The Pheasant has recently been taken over & the service is still as good as ever. If you want an excellent carvery on a Sunday this is the place to go. In addition they do a great steak night on a friday.

Visited July 2013
Newquay
“Great Waitresses, not such a great chef.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

Booked a meal for three here but they had not noted down my reservation, but managed to find us a table after quite a wait. Specials board was not up-to-date so when one of us ordered from it the waitress came back from the kitchen to tell us that our choice was not available. Ended up with a very low-average burger and chips. The bread was chewy, the burger was barely warm, it was covered in tomato sauce and topped with very strong grated cheddar cheese and nothing else. It was impossible to eat by hand and difficult to cut due to the tough and chewy burger bun. There were a few chips served with it but they were so hard as they had been overcooked. I was still charged the full £10 for the meal despite complaining. The waitresses were very good though. Won't be going back to this pub to eat.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Vivian R
London, United Kingdom
“Evening meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

I was staying at a local bed and breakfast which is located in the same village and the owners recommended it. I just turned up(though quite early in the evening) and a really nice server showed me to a table I chose which had a small view of the village. I ordered the fish and chips which was absolutely lovely. I don't normally eat the batter as it's usually a bit soggy, but this was melt in the mouth and the cod was great. The chips were perfect and I could not do it justice. My bill came to under £15 which included two glasses of decent Sauvignon Blanc. The staff were really attentive but not overly so. Mixture of people there, some couples and families and me on my own!. This was on a Thursday evening. I decided to go back on Sunday evening not realising it was a carvery day. It was quite busy and when I asked for the menu I was advised that it was carvery only. There was a vegetarian option (I don't eat meat), but I wasn't keen on it. The young server said she would speak to the chef and he promptly came out and asked me what sort of food I liked! He prepared me a delicious dish of stuffed peppers with beans, tomatoes, spinach and it was superb, I also helped myself to roast potatoes and veg.and they served me veggie gravy. The carvery is priced as small, medium and large, they charged me the small price, so it came to just under £15 including two glasses of wine. I looked at the lunch time menu which looked really good, Will return! Two lovely evenings and really nice staff.

• Visited June 2013