“nice pub”

Ranked #84 of 250 Restaurants in Newquay
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We had a meal in here it was hot and very well cooked it is a country pub in a very quite village but the road in is narrow in places

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Fabulous atmosphere, fantastic food and to top it all the barman Jose is pretty HOT! The landlord isn't bad either... Sunday Carvery has got to be the best - cute little chef serves up a party in your mouth.

1  Thank L0rraineL3
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This is a proper old country pub which is much larger inside than it looks from the road and has a good size car park behind. If you are looking for real pub grub at sensible prices rather than the modern trend for gastro pubs this pub is well worth a visit.

The staff are friendly and welcoming and the beer is good. There is a good size dining area at the front and we were seated and served quickly but not rushed. As well as the full a la carte menu they also have specials nights. Monday was Pie Night with a choice of pies for £8.95 and Friday was Steak Night with 2 steaks for £20.

We went on a Monday so both opted for Pie. What a platter, the pie and veg filled the plate and your choice of potatoes or chips was served on another dish. In my opinion this was real pub grub at it's best and exceptional value for money. Real home made food that really hit the spot. Only downside was that after our main course we were so full we had no room to try their deserts

Next time we are in the area we will certainly be going back there.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Visited this pub twice. My brother had his wedding reception there and we returned for an evening meal. The food was very good, staff very friendly and an attentive landlord. Good beer! The pub is in a very pretty village, there is ample parking, a small but very pretty garden with superb views.

Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

Me and my family came here on my birthday as everywhere else was busy, this was going back in novemeber, and loved it! We forgot about it till my mums birthday which was very recently, we was greeted and seated very quickly then orded drinks. me and my dad both orderd steak which was soo tender and cooked to perfection! And the portions was generous! The waitress was pleasent and knew what was she was doing ( this is rare nowadays as a waitress myself) we loved it that much we go as much as we can and going this weekend! Thanks!