“Newquay's hidden treasure”

Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cosy coffee shop serving breakfasts, light snacks, great coffee and freshly baked cakes! All food is homemade and locally sourced.
Reviewed 21 May 2014

A lovely little chic cafe out of the way of the crowds with a beautiful seafront view.

Everything about this cafe is dainty including the cups and saucers, we loved it.

The bagels were scrummy and the hot chocolate comes flooded with marshmellows.

PS the brownies are amazing

1  Thank MikeM1990

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Key ingredients that merit five stars are: excellent baking and great choice of goodies, high-quality (local) produce and two owner-managers who clearly love what they do. The Coffee Cove is a small café out of the main shopping area (just across the road from the beach and a spectacular, one of it’s kind house perched on a rock separate from the rest of the cliff and accessed by it’s own bridge) and has just five tables so I imagine it gets very busy at times. We were walking the South West Coast Path and made a beeline for this place in search of a great cream-tea on a Thursday afternoon (we’d been disappointed in Portreath and Perranporth so did our homework about where to come when in Newquay). We had a rhubarb and cream muffin and fruit scone with jam and Rhodda clotted cream. They were both delicious and we had a great 30 minute banter with Sophie (co-founder) about Newquay, starting the business, local producers, marketing and so on as we were the only ones in there. I learned masses about coffee! This was led by my interest rather than Sophie being a chatterbox (I’m the chatterbox) and she would have politely left us to it if my husband and I had indicated we wanted to chat just the two of us. Can’t recommend enough if you’re into quality cakes.

2  Thank amindofherown
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Popped in today and can see why the locals love it! It's a real find so close to the beach. The cafe is warm, friendly and serves the most delicious food. Make sure you have a slice of cake!

Will definitely be back!

1  Thank Lucie W
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Popped in to The Coffee Cove a few days back on a dreary day in Newquay. Its like a little ray of sunshine in there. As others have said its a bit cosy with maybe only 3 or 4 tables but the ambience is great. Very friendly staff who gave us some great tips on other places to eat in the evenings. The menu is small but perfectly formed like the cafe really. I had the eggs benedict which was perfection and my wife had a doorstep sausage sandwich, both excellent. Coffee was great. Wish we had time to go back again. Maybe just needs to shout a bit more about where it is and have better signage to help people find it. Still a lovely place for a coffee :)

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Popped by after reading the great reviews. Like others have said, it's pretty cosy and when I say cosy, I mean small. But that's also one of this place's charms. It's kind of like being over at a friend's house.

I have the full cornish breakfast after a heavy night on the cider the night before and it was just what the doctor ordered! Not too greasy and tastes like good quality ingredients were used. Really good breakfast and great value for money. The massive doorstep toast was great too.

The home made cakes looked lovely, I didn't get any though due to it being early but they did look tasty.

Great little friendly place with really good food.