“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Headland Spa

The Headland Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Prepare to be wowed as you enter Cornwall's first five bubble rated Spa. Let all your cares drift away as you step into one of the state of the art treatment rooms finished with ash wood panelled walls and accent colours. Couples and friends can enjoy the doubles treatment rooms. The manicure and pedicure room with its vibrant tones and textures adds a real sense of luxury to any visit. Guests can also indulge in the private luxury of the St. Tropez suite, providing an all over, natural looking tan for both men and women. The ultimate Air 2 spray booth (sprayed by hand) will offer you long-lasting colour. Other facilities include: 6 Treatment rooms A private jacuzzi suite Relaxation lounge VIP suite Life Fitness Gym Robed dining area Rhassoul mud chamber
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Nice hotel. We went on a groupon special offer and I suspect everyone there that weekend was the same. The Hotel is obviously very old and grand, our room however had recently been re-furbished to a high standard and felt clean and fresh although obviously I can't speak for any of the others. We had great views overlooking Fiscal bay..just beautiful. My husband had a steak for dinner in the restaurant and I had fish both were delicious and couldn't be faulted. Staff were friendly and un-obtrusive, we indulged ourselves and had room service for breakfast both days which came up on a trolley that converted into a round table (with white table cloth) very grand and was great just to sit in our white bath robes (supplied) and just eat a leisurely breakfast. The spa again is new and modern. Highly recommended for a quiet weekend away. I would go again.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Theresa06

cornwall
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“AMAZING SPA!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

My partner and I visited the spa and had a fabulous time! The staff are so professional and very friendly, the treatment was amazing (chocolate body wrap) and the spa facilities were great too! We had a spa package with a two course lunch and it was lovely! For the money we paid it was so worth it and more! Looking forward to visiting in the next couple of weeks for my friend’s birthday :-)

Visited April 2014
Newquay, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A bit disappointed with the spa”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

As living in Newquay me and my partner thought we would try the spa facilities which includes the pool Jacuzzi steam and sauna room. Due to not being a guest at the hotel this costs £12 each. As it is a spa hotel I expected it to be a relaxing environment. Was a bit disappointed when the pool was full of young adults belly flopping shouting picking each other up and throwing each other in the pool and other antics which generally allowed me not to be able to swim in the pool. They were also that loud it took the experience of the jacuzzi away. I also heard other guests complain about this. Due to procedures of the pool it says anyone breaking the rules above will be asked to leave but I never saw member of staff even come down whilst I was there to check everything was okay down at the pool side. Not a good experience when you spend £12 and you can't even swim. This was a shame as the pool and the jacuzzi as a whole was lovely as was the steam and sauna and I reckon I would have had a nice
Time if this wasn't the case

4 Thank Charlotte M
Truro, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“spa day”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Family booked a spa day as a treat for myself with my daughter. On arrival the receptionist did not seem to know what we booked so we had to tell her. We booked facials with lunch and use of spa. We were told to take a seat and someone would be with us. We waited a while others came in and seemed to be sorted out straight away. We finally had someone come and take our food order. Then shown to the changing area. When we came back out we were unsure of where to go as no one explained what to do. The facials we had were fab and the girls lovely. After we had lunch but this was spoilt by the very long wait for dessert. We seemed to have been forgotten yet again! We were going to use the rest of the spa rooms but by this time there were alot of children jumping into the pool and using the other rooms as if they were play rooms, so we finally gave up and left. This put us off and we will properly go elsewhere in future which is a shame as we are local and would have used this on a regular basis.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank jane p
Newquay, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic treatments, shame about the service and confusing set up.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Decided to treat myself and my mum as the reviews about the spa treatments were really encouraging and on reading the spa break info it seemed to offer great value for money. On first arrival felt a bit concerned that there seemed to be a lack of knowledge and experience on reception despite having some great phone conversations when booking the spa break. I had to clarify when our treatments and lunches were booked for as the receptionist seemed a bit confused. We were left sat waiting for a while in our robes before being shown through to the leisure area and had to watch many people turning up after us be shown through before we were assisted.

The sauna, steam room and pool were lovely though, and when we went for our facials the technicians were professional and friendly and it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. We were shown to the relaxation lounge which was less relaxing when the receptionist suddenly walked in, not even acknowledging us and stomped across the room rearranging chairs before leaving just as abruptly.

The food served for lunch was nice and the waitress was friendly but we had to sit and wait for our dessert well over half an hour and it almost seemed like it had been forgotten. By the time we had finished the leisure area had filled up with a few families, boys were splashing around in the pool and hot tub and we decided to leave earlier than intended as we could not get full use of the facilities and it wasn't very peaceful.

Overall the experience wasn't what I expected for what we paid. I think the concept of the spa had gotten confused by trying to blend it with a family leisure area. It needs to be one or the other because it just doesn't complete the spa experience when you're sharing the facilities with kids and their families and it loses the therapeutic relaxing setting achieved by the lovely treatments provided. Also front of house needs much more work to improve efficiency and give a more reassuring professional service. So whilst I was very happy with my spa facial treatment I'm not sure I'll be going back whilst the concept is so confused unfortunately.

Visited March 2014