“Do you not understand vegan?”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The Headland Spa

The Headland Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Prepare to be wowed as you enter Cornwall's first five bubble rated Spa. Let all your cares drift away as you step into one of the state of the art treatment rooms finished with ash wood panelled walls and accent colours. Couples and friends can enjoy the doubles treatment rooms. The manicure and pedicure room with its vibrant tones and textures adds a real sense of luxury to any visit. Guests can also indulge in the private luxury of the St. Tropez suite, providing an all over, natural looking tan for both men and women. The ultimate Air 2 spray booth (sprayed by hand) will offer you long-lasting colour. Other facilities include: 6 Treatment rooms A private jacuzzi suite Relaxation lounge VIP suite Life Fitness Gym Robed dining area Rhassoul mud chamber
Exeter, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Do you not understand vegan?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

A lovely hotel, fabulous spa, awesome location, a short walk to Fistral Beach and Newquay town. Great staff as well. Sadly the food wasn't up to the same standard. Vegans don't just eat vegetables! How about a but of imagination, nuts, quinoa, tofu, lentils etc etc? We gave two weeks notice after all. Very poor in that respect. Also there was the issue of 'when are two twin beds actually one double?' A big issue for us on religious grounds. Please try harder.

2 Thank steve w

manchester U.K
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Break away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Arrived with no expectations at all. Long drive to Newquay. Go to the hotel and WOW. AMAZING AMAZING From the moment we checked in. It was breath taking. Receptionist was very welcoming. Views are out of this world MAKE SURE YOU BOOK A ROOM WITH A VIEW it's so worth the extra money. The decor the smell the staff all add to the charm and also the setting. It's such a lovely place to get up early and watch the beach from a bench at the hotel. I would go back in a heartbeat.

The food lovely and locally sourced I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone. The spa is brand new and smart. PLEASE don't change stay as you are and keep up the good work.

2 Thank hcha
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Nice hotel. We went on a groupon special offer and I suspect everyone there that weekend was the same. The Hotel is obviously very old and grand, our room however had recently been re-furbished to a high standard and felt clean and fresh although obviously I can't speak for any of the others. We had great views overlooking Fiscal bay..just beautiful. My husband had a steak for dinner in the restaurant and I had fish both were delicious and couldn't be faulted. Staff were friendly and un-obtrusive, we indulged ourselves and had room service for breakfast both days which came up on a trolley that converted into a round table (with white table cloth) very grand and was great just to sit in our white bath robes (supplied) and just eat a leisurely breakfast. The spa again is new and modern. Highly recommended for a quiet weekend away. I would go again.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Theresa06
cornwall
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“AMAZING SPA!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

My partner and I visited the spa and had a fabulous time! The staff are so professional and very friendly, the treatment was amazing (chocolate body wrap) and the spa facilities were great too! We had a spa package with a two course lunch and it was lovely! For the money we paid it was so worth it and more! Looking forward to visiting in the next couple of weeks for my friend’s birthday :-)

Visited April 2014
Newquay, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A bit disappointed with the spa”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

As living in Newquay me and my partner thought we would try the spa facilities which includes the pool Jacuzzi steam and sauna room. Due to not being a guest at the hotel this costs £12 each. As it is a spa hotel I expected it to be a relaxing environment. Was a bit disappointed when the pool was full of young adults belly flopping shouting picking each other up and throwing each other in the pool and other antics which generally allowed me not to be able to swim in the pool. They were also that loud it took the experience of the jacuzzi away. I also heard other guests complain about this. Due to procedures of the pool it says anyone breaking the rules above will be asked to leave but I never saw member of staff even come down whilst I was there to check everything was okay down at the pool side. Not a good experience when you spend £12 and you can't even swim. This was a shame as the pool and the jacuzzi as a whole was lovely as was the steam and sauna and I reckon I would have had a nice
Time if this wasn't the case

4 Thank Charlotte M