“Lovely treatments, disappointing spa atmosphere”
Review of The Headland Spa

The Headland Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Prepare to be wowed as you enter Cornwall's first five bubble rated Spa. Let all your cares drift away as you step into one of the state of the art treatment rooms finished with ash wood panelled walls and accent colours. Couples and friends can enjoy the doubles treatment rooms. The manicure and pedicure room with its vibrant tones and textures adds a real sense of luxury to any visit. Guests can also indulge in the private luxury of the St. Tropez suite, providing an all over, natural looking tan for both men and women. The ultimate Air 2 spray booth (sprayed by hand) will offer you long-lasting colour. Other facilities include: 6 Treatment rooms A private jacuzzi suite Relaxation lounge VIP suite Life Fitness Gym Robed dining area Rhassoul mud chamber
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My partner and I visited the Headland Spa today (13th Aug). We were met by a very friendly and welcoming receptionist who made us feel at ease straight away. We had booked in for the Time for Two spa day which included use of all the facilities, two course lunch and a 50 minute treatment. Unfortunately, we were told when we arrived that the steam room was out of use, which was very disappointing but we understood this could not be helped. However, what was more disappointing was the lack of respect from hotel guests of day spa visitors and staff at the spa not upholding their own rules. 1. Children under 12 were allowed to use the hot tub and sauna, being extremely loud - definitely not the relaxing day we had planned. 2. Teenagers were jumping, shouting, screaming and diving into the pool - again not relaxing. 3. No spa staff came to observe or check whether the facilities were being use correctly.

We came to relax and unwind, and arrived at 10:30am we were not shown at any point during our arrival that there was a relaxation room that we could use. It wasn't until after our treatment which was as 4:20pm that we were taken there. Meaning we had to spend the whole afternoon with loud children.

We did enjoy the full body massages, the therapists were welcoming and calming and the lunch was nice. We just hope that more observation of the spa facilities is implemented so guests can enjoy the whole package.

2  Thank Jade G

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Went to the Headland Spa today August 6th with a friend and had the whole spa to ourselves. I have been before and loved my experience then. We both had a body scrub which has left my skin silky smooth. The staff in the spa were very professional, amazing at massaging knots in my shoulders I never knew I have and most of all respecting my dignity.

We shall be returning again!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Went here for my sisters birthday- just a small group of us and we were practically the only ones there at the time. The whole spa area looks fantastic and was very relaxing. The sauna and steam room were brilliant, the scented shower a lovely little addition and the Jacuzzi big enough for us all to comfortably sit in and chat. The pool is quite small but great for a relaxing swim after using the other facilities.
We also had lunch and champagne in the seating area of the spa- the staff were fantastic and welcoming.
As we're locals it was a lovely treat and we would like to return for a similar occasion.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I came here with my friend for the day for a spa day. The facilities are lovely. I love the pool with jacuzzis in it and the hot tub. The aromatherapy showers were nice and the steam room. We had lunch with was nice, but nothing special and the menu was limited. We had some beauty treatments which were very nice. The beauticians work really hard and are very skilled. The main problem was that there were some noisy adults in the spa area. There were no signs up to advise people to be quiet and it did spoil it for us. Even worse than that children were allowed in and were playing noisy, bombing in the pool and shouting. There really should be a separate are for them or a separate time for them to go in the pool. What should have been a relaxing day was spoiled by others. We wouldn't go back. Had there been a proper induction to the facilities this might have given the opportunity to ask people to be considerate

4  Thank Francesca H
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

A lovely hotel, fabulous spa, awesome location, a short walk to Fistral Beach and Newquay town. Great staff as well. Sadly the food wasn't up to the same standard. Vegans don't just eat vegetables! How about a but of imagination, nuts, quinoa, tofu, lentils etc etc? We gave two weeks notice after all. Very poor in that respect. Also there was the issue of 'when are two twin beds actually one double?' A big issue for us on religious grounds. Please try harder.

2  Thank steve w