“An absolute must!”

Portuguese Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 249 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a Portuguese family that came to Newquay to introduce you all to our traditions... PORTUGUESE RESTAURANT is a new restaurant in the main road that wants to serve you with some of the best typical Portuguese dishes and wines, now with live music Fridays and Saturdays...All our friendly staff are here to take you and your family to Portugal with fantastic new tastes... We are sure you will enjoy it.
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Dina and her family are possibly the best hosts I have ever met. Warm and welcoming, if you have children, they will be treated like family. The food was stunning, the prawn starters were to die for! Authentic Portuguese cuisine, served in huge portions. The chicken was a beautifully spicy dish and the house wine £3.50 for a large glass, which is perfectly drinkable. This will definitely be on our local restaurant list!!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I visited last weekend with a friend and from start to finish we had amazing service and food, we went for the mixed fish and the first waitor did not explain that it would take upto 40mins, so the lovely waitress came and asked if we had been told this and apologised that this was not explained, then asked if it was ok and that it would be worth the wait which it was.

Lovely live music which made it very romantic to top off the homely atmosphere from the owners. The chef came out to greet us and after our meal the owner asked if we wanted desert but we were too full but insisted we have some and gave us desert and port on the house which were both absolutely delicious!

Brilliant restaurant and would definitely recommend this to everyone! Thank you for looking after us :)

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I am one of the bald couple who almost declined the port which you so kindly offered. Service was great. Please keep it up.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We visited this restaurant whilst in holiday in Newquay. Found the food was very average. Don't know if the staff were having a bad day but it was mistake after mistake. Firstly I asked for a coke zero (which is stated in the menu) I was brought a can of diet coke. The waiter brought me what I asked for when I complained.Normally I wouldn't even remember a small mistake like this, but after everything else that went wrong that night, it just added to the list. We asked for a salad with our meal. When our meal came, 10 minutes later we were still waiting for the salad. We could not attract anybodys attention to remind them. It finally came near the end of our meal. At this point it wasn't worth bothering with. The food was very average! But suppose for the price we can't really complain. The restaurant was not busy the night we went, which was mid week. there was only us and another table inside. The table behind us, who had been seated but not served for drinks or given menus after 20 minutes were joking that they were going to ring the restaurant to ask them to serve them! When we were ready to leave we asked for the bill.....15 minutes later we asked for the bill again.... Another 15 minutes later it came. The lady owner must have apologised 3 or 4 times to us for things that had gone wrong. It was like it was their first night in business. Needless to say we would not go back. I don't know how this restaurant has got a lot of good reviews, must have a lot of friends and
family.

2  Thank sarah c
NunoGuilherme, Manager at Portuguese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Hi Sarah
so sorry really we can not please all customers and i recognize that all new employees make mistakes ( humans make mistakes )but one thing I guarantee no one is ever sat without menus on our tables as well if you remember someone led you to the table with menus and gave you after you sit down and finally accuse me of having many friends or a large family is a bit rude because you're accusing my clients of being liars.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We visited them on Friday night. Lovely little place! The staff was slow a little bit but the chef had an accident. The portions was huge and quite cheap! Love that! I can suggest if u visit Newquay!