“Lovely!”

Blue Haven Guest House
Blue Haven Guest House
Ranked #53 of 106 Newquay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We booked 3 nights here for the 1st week in August this year. I've never actually stayed in a B&B before, I've always stayed in hotel chains so wasn't sure if I'd enjoy it as I was worried I would feel like I was staying in someone else's home. I didn't feel like this at all, we could come and go as we pleased and because the 6 rooms were always full there were always plenty of others coming and going and sitting with us at breakfast. John and Kaye are great hosts- they manage to get the balance between being very approachable, friendly and helpful with being professional and giving you your privacy perfectly. We stayed in the 4 poster room and found it to be very spacious- in fact I would go so far as to say it felt more roomy than some of the 4 and 5 star hotels I've stayed in! Yes the bathroom isn't massive but then what hotel bathroom's are really? I'm a larger lady and didn't find it cramped! The room had a little wardrobe tucked away plenty big enough with lots of coat hangers (very useful as some places only supply half a dozen!), we each had a bedside table with 3 drawers, a small chest of drawers and a dressing table with drawers so there was loads of storage. We had tea/coffee facilities, flatscreen TV with freeview, free Wi-Fi and an alarm clock. I was really impressed with the hairdryer- it wasn't one of those little ones that takes an age to dry your hair but a nice big one that does the job and there was a small basket of toiletries too. It really did impress me- there was nothing that a big hotel didn't have! I would go so far as to say it was the nicest place I've stayed in, and by far the best value for money. It was definitely the cleanest! Breakfast was delicious and there was lots of choice too- it kept us going until our evening meal! The location is good with adequate off road parking- you can see the sea from the B&B and a 5 minute stroll takes you to Lusty Glaze Beach. It takes about 20-25 minutes to have a slow walk into Newquay town. We didn't use the car much while we were there, we walked through the town to Fistral Beach and back and also walked to Newquay Zoo and Trenance Gardens and we are not the fittest of people at all! This was our first holiday in Newquay and we have fallen in love with the place, we will definitely be going back and have recommended Blue Haven to everyone!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cheraus

Reviewed 14 July 2013

This was a very enjoyable stay and the hosts were lovely. The breakfast was all freshly cooked. We have booked again for a few months time. First class accommodation. Thank you very much for the lovely weekend.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank UKspoon
Reviewed 29 June 2013

The Blue Haven was very clean, good value for money and the owners were hospitable, friendly and helpful. The room was a little tight, however the bed was very comfortable, there was a wardrobe for storage and the en-suite bathroom was very adequate. The breakfast was very substantial with cereal, fruit, toast and a full english breakfast on offer, with tea, coffee and juice.
It is situated in a quiet area only 10-15 walk into Newquay and you can park your car off road right outside the b&b. My partner had some concerns regarding her medication, which needed to be kept in a refrigerator, and the owners John and Kay kindly looked after it in their personal fridge instead of us worrying about it in the communal one. We would recommend this b&b to visitors to Newquay.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David O
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Booked this bed and breakfast on the same day of arrival. The reason on choosing this property as it has been rated three stars Bed and Breakfast by Visit England.

Superb location, easy walk into town, lovely and quiet. Off road parking which is ideal for Newquay.

The house was spotless, I even looked under the bed which is usually what is missed.

We had a ground floor room with an en suite, which suited us. Yes It wasn't the biggest room but we managed and also if we had wanted a bigger room we would of chosen a higher star rated property. The additional extras contained in the room were very good for a three star with wireless internet, flat screen television, beverage making facilities and a hairdryer.

Bathroom yes again a little compact but the shower itself provided very good levels of hot water and the cubicle was a good size.

Breakfast was good value with a choice of starters and juices. English breakfast served and a choice of other options.

Both the owners, were very friendly and helpful they also provide a safe taxi number for us to use to get into Newquay. Good prompt service over breakfast.

Definitely would recommend this property as very good value for the price we paid.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank liz999999
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Although the rooms were clean and ok, the bathrooms are small and cramped. The biggest let down is the hostile environment created by the owners of the guest house, I found them to be rude and unhelpful. The breakfast is very regimented, however we were not made aware of this until breakfast time. They offer a hot tub for an additional £5 , which I was very excited about, however due to the attitude of the owners I felt uncomfortable asking about usage as I would imagine this would be a huge inconvenience. The owners seemed to like running a guest house but didn't appear to like paying guests!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank SazzleB
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This B&B is in a nice, pleasant location and very near to the beach and center of the Newquay town. Me and my wife stayed there for 3 nights and the service was great and we loved the Breakfast served. The owners, John and his wife were wonderful host's and the house was very clean and they were ready to help and guide us anytime.

I would love to go and stay there in future. I highly recommend the place and its not very expensive.

Best wishes,
Kiran.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kiran_Chin
Reviewed 29 September 2012

The house is in a lovely location with just a short walk to the beach its not right in town so there is no noise to keep you awake from clubbers so good for families you can walk in to town which will take about 15mins or you can get a taxi for £4- £5.

The house it self is well presented and has a nice garden with a hot tub for you to relax in, the breakfast was nice you cant beat a good fry up.

The owners John and his wife were very welcoming and friendly and helpful giving as much information to as possible of the area and things to do and nothing was to much trouble.

I would stay here again happily and would recommend to all.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends