Watergate Bay Hotel
US$50
US$48
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Sands Resort Hotel & Spa(Newquay)
US$114
Priceline
Best Western Hotel Bristol(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$75
US$80
PremierInn.com
1,511 results
All reviewsliving spacebeach hutwatergate bayswim clubcoach houseinfinity poolextreme academyocean roomjamie olivershot tubfront facingoverlooking the beachhotel restaurantthe main hotelfamily hotelschool holidayssea view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We did the Taste of the Bay deal and upgraded to a 'better' room with balcony and sea view. Very good size and bathroom had both bath and shower. Pity the king size bed was actually two singles zipped together, but otherwise very comfy.
Meals were all very good, with plenty of choice although breakfast service was less polished than dinner. The spa treatments were great. The pool area is super, but unsupervised so you do get some selfish people choosing to jump in the pool without showering (yuk!).
Two final gripes. I don't like that they accept dogs in the dining room, especially as this included a large German Shepherd while we were there. And the car park is small. I do hope we won't get charged for parking in the beach car park as it's supposed to be free for guests.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacqui R
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We have now visited Watergate Bay twice as a family and on both occasions it has been excellent.

They have struck a great balance between comfort and style, together with a jaw-dropping location.

We stayed in the "two roomed" rooms which provide a bit of extra space for a little one. It is worth noting these are a short walk from the main building so you do have to lug your gear round if you can't find a parking space.

The taste of the bay package offers particularly good value but can be hard to fit around mealtimes for young ones and 15 doesn't cater for youngsters in the evenings.

There is a very well equipped and staffed nursery area which offers a variety of options - the staff are friendly and welcoming and its never been too busy (we have been in october both times).

The pool and changing facilities are great but it isnt the warmest so i wouldnt take tiny tots for a dip but around 1 year on should be fine.

The hotel restaurant is excellent and breakfasts offer a bit of everything. They also offer early dining options for families which are worth taking advantage of,

The best part of the hotel is the proximity to the gorgeous long beach - a couple of miles of wonderful dunes for children, dogs and adults to enjoy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank familytravelbreaks
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My wife booked an 8 day stay in the fantastic hotel for my 40th.
As a surfer it really is like Disney!!

Our room (83) was huge the coach house is quiet and so so family friendly.

My 7 yr hold describes this place as his the place he loves the most!

The early morning adults only swims in the amazing pool are simply wonderful.

The kids club especially Tammy do a great job of looking after the little ones morning and night at no extra charge.

My son cried his eyes out when we left!! Need I say more

The staff feel like friends even the new ones hard to pick out an individual but Laura is wonderful .

Ready booked for next February

5********
Thanks

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Hi
We too have just returned home after a great stay for my husbands 40th!
The staff are all amazing and the children have had a wonderful time.
I think my little boy crying all the way to Newquay says it all!
450 miles each way and really worth it.
I love the fact that I take my children to my holidaying destination as a child and I hope they will grow up with great memories as I do.
A big thank you from us and we can't wait to come again. Thanks to the kids club team, Laura and all the reception and waitressing staff.

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Having stayed in the Newquay/Watergate Bay Area previously, in another luxury hotel, we booked the Watergate Bay Hotel for a relaxed weekend break.
After check-in we made our way to the room through very dirty and worn corridors; filthy and torn carpets plus walls that are in desperate need of a repaint.
Once inside our room we were disappointed to find the 'contemporary Cornish comfort' that the Watergate Bay claims was rather an exaggeration. Further tired furnishing and decor together with a lack of any luxury items combined to create a very basic room in need of a refresh and some TLC. The double bed was actually two individuals beds joined and resulted in a poor night sleep.
Whilst the staff were friendly the service in the restaurant was poor. Although it was only 1/2 full it took over 1hour 30min for our meal to be brought out of the kitchen, with no apology.
Overall, the stay was ok. Whilst the views were stunning the rooms could do with a refresh and some finishing touches to bring it up to the standard expected of a 4 star hotel, rather than the tired basic rooms at present.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple