US$143
  • Restaurant
US$216
US$210
US$288
The Pentire Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$154
Priceline
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
All reviewsguest kitchenscrambled egg and beansthanks johnhot itemspool tabletown centrecontinental breakfastcentral locationfriendly hotelexcellent breakfaston arrivalcomfortable roomexcellent locationstayed for one nightenjoyed our stayb and bsea view
Reviewed 28 September 2009

This trip was the best one we have been on with David Urquharts, the Hotel Owner and his staff were superb,the room number 9 was clean and large.
The entertainment was first class as was the food.

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed 18 July 2009

ive been eatan alive, what a (----) hole i must have over 200 bites from a 2night stay, hope you enjoy your holiday!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
6  Thank machon100
Reviewed 12 July 2009

On checking in my partner was greeted by a friendly receptionist who charged £30 per person plus an extra £5 for breakfast each.

We did not get any value for the £70 we parted with, on entering room 14 the first thing that grabbed my attention was the overwhelming smell of cleaning products and damp, the cleaners obviously work very hard to maintain cleanliness in such a poorly arranged room.

The bathroom was carpeted everywhere even the bath panel was carpeted in thick green carpet. There was a small amount of mildew on the broken blind and the shower curtain and a fair bit on the carpet around the back of the sink, needless to say the carpet around the pedestall of the sink and the lavatory did not look particularly hygenic.

There was no pullcord on the bathroom fan switch so we could not operate the fan, when we eventually got the water to run hot the place steamed up.
The 'mira' shower was extremely dated and gave nothing more than a trickle, we wasted quite an amount of water waiting for the water to become hot.

There was a locked door in the bathroom which lead to another guests room and you can hear everything I could hear their mobile phone alarm, you can imagine what they might hear as the toilet was very close to that door (I get stage fright in such situations so luckily they wouldn't have heard much more than a tinkle which could have been the shower!)
The kettle was broken but we were given cups and plenty of sachets of milk tea and coffee which we couldn't use.

The decor was tired and dated two shades of pink and pink bedside lamphades, floral curtains that looked faded and old. Everything in the room looked like it has been cleaned many times in order to get more life out of it where really it could do with replacing an example being the waterstained bedside lamp shades.

I read the Hotels information pack and to be fair it did say that the owners took over the hotel in 2005 and are gradually refurbishing rooms. I'm sure that when it is completed the hotel could be really rather nice.

breakfast was reasonable but for the extra £5 we had to pay for it I feel I could have bought better quality food at the local supermarket or in a cafe. The waiter was very pleasant though cheerful and attentive.

We only stayed for one night and I wouldn't stay there again despite the Glendevour being a hotel it was not up to hotel standard, I have stayed in far nicer B&Bs in Newquay and found the prices in such establishments to be fair as the facilities were up to scratch.

They give a repair suggestion form with the welcome pack which I completed with regards to the fan and the kettle but I didn't complete the customer comment sheet.
I know I should have done.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank marran78
Reviewed 14 April 2009

We had a very enjoyable stay at the Glendeveor. The staff were very friendly and on hand to help whenever we needed them - but also allowed us to enjoy the hotel and our holiday as we liked. The rooms were small and furnishings throughout the hotel are a bit dated but perfectly clean and adequate - we had a very comfy bed as well. Having a TV in the room was an added bonus!! The location is great - just a short walk down the hill to the main street in Newquay. Good value for such a good price!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Traveller1041
Reviewed 25 March 2009

I have never, ever in my life stayed in a more digusting hotel - when my children were younger we stayed in budget guest houses but never anything as deplorable as this. My husband and myself were on a coach tour last August - I wouldn't serve the food to my cat - all I can say is that the chef must have learnt his trade in Dartmoor. Disgusting inedible rubbish. We were all huddled together with tables set out in a canteen fashion set apart from other guests ,but why anyone would want to stay at that hotel as a choice I do not know.
The rooms were dirty dated and threadbare - the decor was deplorabe.

As far as te bar manager was concerned - he was lucky he didnt get a letter from my solicitor - he was disgusting foul mouthed and totally out of order mocking people with afflictions.

I wouldnot recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

As far as Newquay was concerned it was filthy and full of stag and hen parties along with the great unwashed - the only nice thing were the seals in harbour. Marks out of ten MINUS 1,000,000

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple