“What a brilliant weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Reef Lodge

Blue Reef Lodge
London, United Kingdom
“What a brilliant weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2010

would definitley recommend to all my friends, The staff were very friendly and helpful, great location right in the middle of newquay, very close to all the shops beaches pubs and clubs!! rooms were nice and clean, i will be going back next year.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2010

I stayed with six other friends in this hostel (hotel would be too generous) for a hen weekend and we shared the penthouse apt. We arrived in time for the excessively late 5 pm checkin to find that our room still was not ready, the bar was cheap (best bit about the place), staff either absent or kept calling us all 'mate' (a personal hate) - no tea or coffee making kit in the room, you cannot take hot food into your rooms (we were practically wrestled by the security guard to relieve us of our subways), the penthouse was designed for boys and by boys, one bathroom for a place that is supposed to sleep six, awful beds, nice radiators, we also arrnaged a spa half day via the lodge and the staff originally had no idea where to send us, it advertises parking but there is none dedicated to the lodge, just on raod in resiential area - we had great weather though! I would not recommend to friends and thank goodness we only stayed a couple of days

• Stayed September 2010

Travellers are raving about these Newquay hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2010

I hadn't read any of the reviews before booking to stay at the Reef Surf Lodge and hadn't until I got home and wanted to write a review myself!

I came to stay with a big group of girls on a hen weekend away and it was awesome! I loved the bunkbeds! I felt like a little kid again! Yes, the rooms are quite small but some of these reviews really are taking it too far! What were they expecting??
Location wise, everything was within easy walking distance (even in heels!) and everyone (staff and other guests) were more than happy to point us in the right direction for a good night out.
The staff were incredible despite us not being the quietest/most sober of groups and went out of their way to make sure our weekend really was one to remember! Thanks girls!
This is not a weekend away or a surf lodge I will ever forget! You guys rock!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2010

I came to stay with my sister and a few of our mates and words cannot express how pleased I am that we chose to stay here! What a great atmosphere! The staff could not have been friendlier and made our holiday! I will definately be back next summer :)

• Stayed August 2010
east london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2010

Came to Newquay from London as a hopeful permanent move! Rocked up late at night with no where pre-booked! Live life on the edge i say. Stumbled across the big blue lights of Reef! I was really lucky that they had space in a shared room & got myself checked in as was cheap enough. The people i shared the room with turned about to be really good fun & ended up partying with them for the next two weeks! We had loadsa fun as there was plenty of tourist things to do in the day time & the nightlife was endless. Our location was great and the lodge itself was a fun place to be, clean, modern & full of great people!

I stayed on another week & was sad when the others that i met had gone. After two weeks of partying i felt i needed to slow it down a little so started hanging out down at the lodges beach where the surf school & cafe is. Had a few lessons & ate alot at the cafe & spent the rest of my stay hanging down the beach. Was really pleased with the set up of Reef- you can see the owner has an eye for design & it's just so chilled out & relaxed. If i dont move to Newquay permanently then i will definitely be coming bk to stay on a regular basis! Really did have a wicked time! Reef made my stay a top one.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Cheshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2010

Me & my partner had a great time staying at reef surf lodge. Really good staff, nothing too much trouble for them. Found Newquay such a lovely place, great sights & lots to do & we were located in the center of town so not much walking involved ha ha. The room was really comfy & clean. We manage to get a big room all to ourselves- would definitely recommend the lodge & Newquay to all our friends. Really couldn't fault it. Also had a good time in the bar- the band was really good! Will come back soon when work let me escape again!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2010

Reef made our trip to newquay one to remember and we will be back! The staff were helpful and informative in what to do and where to go, helping us to organise a large group of friends on a catch up as we all approach our dirty thirties! Getting down to Newquay isn't something we've done since we were 16, to we thought it would be the perfect place to reminisce about the good old days! We arrived early on Friday and settled in to the bar for a well deserved pint after our journey down. The barman was a lovely guy called Chris, who helped out with our plots and plans for the evening (best ale and music haunts - Red Lion was spot on!), and the girls behind reception were pleasant, polite and made the check in a breeze. Our rooms were again, spot on, two rooms split for the twelve of us,spic and span, all ensuite, ticked the boxes for what we needed, somewhere smart and clean to get our heads down after a night on the town!
The whole building has a modern, slick feel to it, definitely a well thought out design, and they've got good staff on hand to make sure we were well looked after.
The location was perfect, easy access to the nearest beach and those of us that dabble at being weekend surfers got a great fix.
All in all, we had an amazing weekend, given its been a while since I've been to the south west, we're all agreed that we need to make the effort more often, I can definitey say we'll be back to Reef in the not too distant future.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newquay
Premier Inn Camborne Hotel
Legacy Hotel Victoria - Newquay
Kenton Hotel
Kenton Hotel
#29 of 38 in Newquay

Been to Blue Reef Lodge? Share your experiences!