“Best Hosts!!”

Invernook Hotel
Ranked #14 of 105 Newquay B&B and Inns
“Best Hosts!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

I've been to Ivernook twice, some time back. Roz & Keith are so lovely and warm and welcoming. Being very far from home, they made me feel like family! On the second visit I fell and dislocated my elbow and Keith personally drove me an hour out to the emergency room and drove me back again, with me being sick in a bowl from the morphine (sorry for details) and was so patient and attentive the entire time! What a sweetheart! He's the sweetest man and I'm grateful to both of them for being so caring! The place is great, I really relaxed, apart from the fall, breakfast was good and the location was ideal. I wish I could go back there, it's just too far from where I'm at at the moment. Bless them both!

• Stayed December 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Sabie, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

Excellent hosts and an excellent rate. Very friendly and welcoming. Great breakfast. Ensuite toilet and shower is a bit cramped, but better than none at all. Only niggle is an old TV on the top of the wardrobe, to the side of the bed, so you get a crick in the neck big time. Otherwise 5 stars! Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
bath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

just spent another lovely week at invernook , would recommend this hotel to anybody, ros and keith are so friendly , the rooms are spotless with everything you need and the breakfasts are so lovely , all I can say is august cant come quick enough :-))

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

I stayed here fro 2 nights, Roz and Keith made us so so welcome, they both excelled their selves in every way, nothing was a problem to them, a lovely couple. our room was very clean and comfortable,We had everything we required. its such a lovely setting and i would most definetley return again, we went for a paranormal evening at Bodmin jail, we did
didnt get in to 3 am and as we were travelling back to Scotland the next day, Roz kindly said to sleep on, there was no rush to get out, They also made us up a packed lunch for the journey, I thank you both so much for your kindness.

Rose and Barbara were overwhelmed with such kindness, We both send our love and hope you have a good year at the Invernook xx

Room Tip: It was very quiet and peaceful, if thats what you are looking for, thats the place to be.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

From the moment of our arrival, everything was as one would wish. Roz gave us a warm welcome, and all the information we would need during our stay. Our family room was spacious, spotlessly clean, comfortable, and had all the facilities you could ask for: en suite toilet and bathroom (with an excellent shower); plenty of towels; TV; tea/coffee-making facilities; and extra bedding (most welcome in February!).

The breakfasts were excellent, and Roz was only too happy to make minor adjustments on request. (I always think the standard of the sausages in a hotel's cooked breakfast say a lot about the place, and these were top-quality!) It's all too common these days to find the 'bare minimum' level of service, but we got the impression that Roz and Keith took a genuine interest in their guests and that nothing was too much trouble.

The location is also ideal, being barely five minutes' walk from Newquay's town centre, harbour, and main beaches.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Gillingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

I booked this hotel at quite short notice, to stay for a night before a job interview in Truro. If I'm honest I was looking for something reasonably priced - and the £25 price tag at the Invernook caught my attention. The Hotel looked nice on the website - but I couldn't help feeling there had to be a catch at that price. How wrong I could be. This is a beautiful little hotel, with attentive and thoroughly pleasant owners. I arrived after a long journey to a warm welcome. My room was lovely, it had en-suite shower and toilet which I had not been expecting. There was tea and coffee making facilities, a small fridge, flat screen TV, a safe in the wardrobe, free WiFI - how they can do this for the price I have no idea. I know it was December and it is likely to be more expensive in the summer season - but it still represents fantastic value for money!! I enjoyed a really good nights sleep and then a fantastic breakfast. The service from Keith and Roz is top class, from initial email correspondance regarding booking parking, through to the cheery service during my stay. I would not hesitate to stay here again. If you need a comfortable place to stay at a price that won't break the bank - book it now!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my two children for a wet weekend in December. Our welcome was great and the room was perfect for our needs. We were able to entertain ourselves with the pool table and the tv in the lounge. Breakfast was great for the price of the stay. I would come again and would recommend it as an all year round place to stay.

We felt welcome at all times and the location is brilliant near the town center but wouldn't be where the noise is in the Summer months.

I would highly recommend coming to stay here.

• Stayed December 2012