“excellent service”
Review of Invernook Hotel

Invernook Hotel
Ranked #13 of 106 Newquay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 August 2013

we arrived and were shown to our parking space, Keith and Ros then helped with our bags up to our room which was excellent, spotlessly clean, a comfortable bed, with tea,coffee etc replenished every day, and a breakfast selection with something for everyone - this couple are friendly and approachable who have their guests comfort as their No 1 priority. I could not fault it

Reviewed 30 July 2013

on our arrival we was greeted by Ros. She showed us the parking spaces but having difficulty parking (first time driving since I passed my test two years ago), she secured me a parking space on someone else's drive. She helped carry our luggage up stairs and showed us our room. It was a nice little room, big enough for the both of us but cosy. I like the fact that there is a room where you can relax, with a pool table and TV which had a nice atmosphere as everyone chats to everyone. Breakfast was brilliant! with breakfasts ranging from cereal to a full english, there was even fruit. Both Keith and Ros had learnt our names which gave our stay a personal touch. We were always greeted and asked about our day when they saw us, furthermore they recommended places we could visit or eat. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The service was above and beyond along with the value for money. The location was great, there was an ASDAs down the road, many places to eat and just a stones throw away from the beach. we would highly recommend this place to anyone wanting to stay in Cornwall. We will definitely be back again if not for a week then a long weekend.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights at the weekend (July 2013), and loved this little hotel. I don't usually write tripadvisor reviews but felt that this place needed mentioning. From the moment we arrived, the owners were very friendly and welcoming and even carried our bags up the 2 flights of stairs to our room for us which was thoughtful. I got the impression that they would do anything to make us feel welcome and that nothing was too much trouble. Our room was very clean and nicely decorated, and a fan was provided as it was hot (25-26 degrees). The breakfast was very good, with a range of different things provided including full english breakfast, cereal, toast and fruit (including blueberries!) I asked for toast as I'd spotted a jar of Nutella on the counter, and the owner asked if I'd like some peanut butter too which she had in the kitchen. She also seemed to make an effort in learning the different guests names which added a nice personal touch.

The only negative thing I can think of to say is that because the hotel is in quite a central location in Newquay, you can hear the loud groups of people walking back to their lodges in the early hours after a night out if you have your window open like we did. But apart from that, a fantastic place with owners that genuinely seem to care.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

For us this hotel was in a great location, set in the middle of Newquay town. The owners Roz and Keith were very friendly, and made us feel welcome from the moment we got there. There room was very clean and tidy and the bed was comfortable and there was also a good choice of breakfasts. I would highly recommend staying here, we had a very pleasant stay and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2013

visited this hotel on various occasions, the owners keith & ros are a friendly fun couple who would do anything to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.
the hotel is wonderfully decorated, clean and up to date.
rooms are spacious with tea, coffee facilities topped up daily.
excellent breakfast cooked to order.
highly recommended

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2013

3 of us stayed for 2 nights, roz and keith were extremely welcoming, very friendly, went out of their way to help us and accomodate my disability, the room was very clean and tidy, tv on the wall facing both beds. lots of tea and coffee supplied. plenty of fresh clean towels and en-suite was perfect too. There was plenty on offer for breakfast, cereals/toast/full english, with fresh juice and hot drinks available. The bed was mroe comfotable than my own bed at home! The day we checked out, because we were supposed to be meeting others but not til late they let us leave our luggage at the hotel so we could still go out to newquay town and enjoy our day without struggling with bags or just going early to meet friends and sitting around. Then let us spend more time in the lounge area to watch tv or play pool/read/watch a film until we were ready to leave and continued to let us use te facilities. We felt they would do anything to help make anyones stay as pleasant as possible and we hope to come back again one day. Thank you

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I've been to Ivernook twice, some time back. Roz & Keith are so lovely and warm and welcoming. Being very far from home, they made me feel like family! On the second visit I fell and dislocated my elbow and Keith personally drove me an hour out to the emergency room and drove me back again, with me being sick in a bowl from the morphine (sorry for details) and was so patient and attentive the entire time! What a sweetheart! He's the sweetest man and I'm grateful to both of them for being so caring! The place is great, I really relaxed, apart from the fall, breakfast was good and the location was ideal. I wish I could go back there, it's just too far from where I'm at at the moment. Bless them both!

• Stayed: December 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newquay
Great Western Hotel
#10 of 106 in Newquay
1 mi away
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa

Been to Invernook Hotel? Share your experiences!