Bay Beresford Hotel
Hotels.com
Carnmarth Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$105
  • Breakfast included
The Pentire Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$194
  • Breakfast included
Great Western Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$83
Priceline
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Best Western Hotel Bristol(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$79
  • Restaurant
US$79
PremierInn.com
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsshearings holidaycoach drivershearings hotelssea viewper person per daydrink vouchersself drivecider farmtolcarne beachentertainment roomrefurbished roomenjoyable holidaythird floorevening entertainmentbuffet breakfasthotel staffmeal times
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Myself and my Mum-in-law have just returned from a Shearings holiday and it was probably the best trip yet. The coach driver Chris was a laugh a minute, all the staff at the Beresford were very friendly and helpful and gave us a warm welcome. We had a spectacular sea view from our nice clean and spacious room and the food was nothing short of perfect!!.
My only gripe and it is a small one was the bedding was very dated with itchy blankets. Other than that everything was faultless.
Thankyou to Chris the coach driver and all at the Beresford for making our holiday wonderful.

Room Tip: Room 26 is perfect as there is a magnificent sea view and it is a great place to see the sunsets which are breathtakingly beautiful. You have to pay an upgrade when you book to get a seaview but it is definately worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
NewquayBeresford, General Manager at Bay Beresford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Hi Kath

I am so pleased you and your Mum enjoyed your stay with us, Chris is a great driver isn't he, and he has really good local knowledge which always makes the trips more interesting.

The view from room 26 is lovely and perfect to enjoy the amazing sunsets that we have been having. I have noted your one criticism about the blankets, and would say that we are almost 70% duvets now, and hope to be blanketless by the end of the year! Although, I find surprising, some guests do ask us to change the duvets for blankets!

Thank you for taking the time to comment on trip advisor and hope to see you and your Mum again.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have recently returned from an 8 day coach holiday with Shearings to the Beresford Hotel, which is one of their own holiday hotels. My experience there was simply excellent.
On arrival, we were given a very good welcome on the coach by the hotel manager Jackie. Check in was efficient. I was very pleased with my allocated bedroom (311). It was a single room and although on the small side, it was more than adequate. It seemed that the room itself had been recently refurbished to a very good standard together with a nice flat screen television. There were sufficient supplies of tea and coffee too. I think the bed was also new as it was one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in at a Shearings hotel for a while! So it was great to get a good night's rest after a busy day out and about in that fine weather. The bathroom didn't appear to be newly refurbished like the bedroom but it was fine anyway. The room was very clean and the bedding and towels were crisp white.
The food at the hotel was excellent. It was always served fresh and piping hot. I enjoyed every bit of the food I ate especially the ham salad on the Thursday evening and chef's special of Steak and Kidney pudding served on the Friday evening. The portions were more than ample. I have a very good appetite and the portions were just right for me. Breakfast was great too. I enjoyed the porridge every morning and the full cooked breakfast was nice too and just like evening meal, it was always served fresh and piping hot. The waiter on our table was 1st class. His name was Yene and nothing whatsoever was too much trouble for him. I was always greeted with a smile from him when arriving in the dining room. He was extremely polite and very hardworking.
Entertainment was excellent. I watched it every evening and enjoyed it very much. I also enjoyed the bingo every evening too, although that dabber I purchased from Jackie at reception never brought me any luck!! I forgot to go back and ask for a refund on it!! Only joking!! Perhaps I'll have more luck with the bingo dabber on my next holiday! Caroline, the entertainment's host did a fantastic job. She was always smiling, so friendly and really enthusiastic. She is a real credit to the hotel. Another great bonus with this holiday was that it included 4 drinks every day with a very good choice from alcoholic drinks, soft drinks or tea and coffee.
The hotel is situated on a cliff overlooking Tolcarne beach. It has great views out over the sea. I enjoyed sitting on the bench across the road from the hotel every day for a while taking in the great view round towards Newquay harbour and out to the Atlantic. I was so lucky with the weather, the sun shone all week and it was very warm too. The sunsets are absolutely fantastic and not to be missed. It is only a short walk into the town from the hotel, however, there is a grocery store just a couple of minutes walk in one direction from the hotel and a Tesco Express further up Narrowcliff in the opposite direction which is about a 4 to 5 minute walk.

To conclude, I found this an excellent hotel and I had a really great holiday there. For me the whole holiday represented very good value for money with everything that was included. I would have no hesitation in returning here and you never know, I may win on the bingo next time! Many thanks to the team and all their hard work that contributed to a great holiday experience for me.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Coachholidayfan
NewquayBeresford, General Manager at Bay Beresford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Hi

It is great to hear that you had such a lovely stay with us and that you enjoyed all aspects of your holiday.

The weather has been lovely, and as you say, those sunsets are just stunning to watch.

The Beresford is pretty central and has most amenities on its doorstep, and with the beach just across the road, it makes it very easy access.

Caroline will be delighted to have been mentioned by you, she is great, and keeps us smiling with her antics!

It would be lovely to see you again and maybe you could buy another blotter that would be more lucky than the last one

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed on 'Bay Inclusive' for a long week-end. Excellent value, comfortable and spacious sea view room (102), serviced daily. The management and staff gave 5 star service in a friendly and cheerful atmosphere. Would happily choose the Beresford for a future visit to Cornwall.

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra for a sea view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JMR301

HI

I am delighted that you enjoyed your weekend break at the Beresford Hotel.

Room 102 is lovely, and the view from it is spectacular, especially in this lovely weather!

Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 16 June 2014

just returned from this hotel after a weeks holiday. The hotel is like a rabbit warren, never seen so many fire doors and room doors! Definately needs updating, dont get room 220 as I think this was the staff quarters, room next to ours banged every morning at around 6am and we could just about get in and out of shower it was that tight! On the good side the food was very good and all the staff were lovely which made up for the room. Definately wont go back to that hotel as I do like a nice comfy room.

Room Tip: ask for room on the refurbished side with the new lift and preferably sea view lift on the other side is something to see!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank rajaclam

Hi

thanks for taking the time to comment on trip advisor, and I am glad that you enjoyed your holiday despite the fact that you did not like your room.

The Hotel does have 103 bedrooms and, of course, we must have the correct number of fire doors, so you are right, there are a lot of doors in the hotel.

Why not check out our Coast and Country Hotels, they are in fantastic locations and offer many supplements such as superior and premier rooms!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We have just returned from a Shearings holiday at the Beresford & not altogther happy. We were moved from a basically good room (20) because of a damp problem. We were supposedly upgraded to a sea view room (4) which was smaller, had sloping floors causing problems with sleeping, problems with the taps which were repeatadly reported to reception to no avail. The food was bought in commercial food and uninspiring. On the plus side housekeeping staff and waitresses/waiters were excellent as was our driver altough we would have liked more time at the Eden Project and the Flambards Museum. Basically the bedrooms need refurbishment & are sorry to say that we will not be staying here again !

Room Tip: From our experience it is hard to say which rooms will ok.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fozzybear5000
NewquayBeresford, General Manager at Bay Beresford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

hI

Thank you for taking the time to comment on trip advisor about your recent stay at the Beresford Hotel.

I am sorry about the problems you had with your room, you were allocated a newly refurbished room, but as you saw, we were having problems with it. We thought that if we upgraded you to a sea view room this would make up for the inconvenience of having to move, but obviously this was not a refurbished room and this caused problems for you.

We have a robust refurbishment programme in place, but with 103 rooms and miles of corridors this takes time.

Have you considered our Coast and Country Hotels that offer far more supplemented options with food and accommodation. The hotels are in fantastic locations and offer great value for money.