Lowest prices for your stay
£39
£39
Get rewarded with One Key
Agoda.com
£26
No booking fees
1,358 results
All reviews shearings holiday sea view self drive tolcarne beach evening entertainment every night coach trip a lovely holiday national holidays shower room tea and coffee short break caroline bingo comedian cornwall
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 August 2019

We stayed at this hotel on a Shearings holiday for 7 nights and found it to be in a very good position. We were in room 39 on the very top floor which had a beautiful view over the sea. Our room was clean but unfortunately found our bed to be quite uncomfortable as the springs were slightly poking in my back! Definitely needs a new mattress! Overall we had a pleasant stay and the food was good too especially as I am vegetarian/vegan, The only problem we found was there is only one tiny lift that only fits 2 people which caused a que when returning from a trip on the coach and it doesn’t go up to the top floor either. If you don’t have a problem walking you are ok!

Room tip: Room 39 or any room with sea view
1  Thank janet S
NewquayBeresford, General Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2019

Hi Janet

Thanks for your review, and I am pleased that you found the Beresford to be a perfect location.

I will check out the bed that you mention, and thankyou for bringing it to our attention.

Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 22 August 2019

I’m not really sure what I can add to previous reviews of this hotel but I think that the fact we come back year after year shows how much we like it and what it has to offer.
We usually book a specific room but this year that wasn’t available so we got moved to a room that whilst it had a much better bathroom didn’t have a bay window which we very much missed. It’s nice to sit in the bay with a glass of wine and watch the world going by and the surfers in the bay below.
It was also closer to the entertainment room which meant we could hear the shows in our room. That wasn’t that much of an issue as the shows tended to finish around 10.30 – 11.00pm and after that it was very quiet. Our room was excellently looked after by Tina (thanks Tina!) who kept us supplied with everything we needed.
As usual we had our meals in the ‘conservatory’ and yet again I’ll have a little moan that the buffet breakfast doesn’t seem to work in there. Everyday there was a wait for something to be replenished and on most days the fried eggs were like bullets! We came down about half way through the allocated time so there should be no reason for food to not be available.
There is also no hot water available at breakfast or in the evening for those who don’t want tea or coffee, or just those who might want to add to the pre- prepared drinks. I’m sure it’s not hard to put out a flask of hot water with each drinks service and save me having to hassle the bar staff!
Whilst I’m on the subject of drinks far too many of the cups provided are badly stained from tea and coffee. They need a better wash or even replacing.
It sounds like I have a lot of complaints but I don’t – these are minor things that annoy me and obviously not enough to stop me coming back year after year after year. We get well looked after by Jackie, Caroline and Brian and summer wouldn’t be summer without a week at the Beresford…..give them a try.

2  Thank Dez_11
NewquayBeresford, General Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2019

Hi Dez

Thank you for your review, and I appreciate your constructive comments that I will address with the restaurant.

I know that we had a problem with your usual room and if you come back and see us next year we will make sure that we get it right.

It was lovely to see you both and good to see that you got some surfing in!

Reviewed 12 August 2019

Just returned from our 5th year at this hotel. Caroline remembered us from previous visits which is nice. Carlos our waiter lovely guy thinks he's a comedian. Room cleaned every day with towels changed everyday. Entertainment is ok. We go self drive so don't go on the trips but they always seem to be varied. We have been coming to cornwall for a long time and this year as the weather was a bit hit and miss spent quite a bit of time driving around the coast, we were amazed at how many little bats and coves we had never seen before.The only thing that spoilt it for me was another couple who found fault with everything. Great hotel great staff and a great time had

Room tip: Obviously sea view rooms but are quite noisy with the tides but if you sleep well not a problem
2  Thank gailh532

Hi Gail

Thank you for your lovely review, you pay us the biggest compliment by returning to see us!

Carlos does think he is a comedian, problem is, none of us understand what he is saying, so he ends up laughing at his own jokes.

Reviewed 10 August 2019 via mobile

Hotel was very clean. The cleaner of our room, named Tina, is just a credit to the Hotel. She made sure that the room was spotless every day! Thanks Tina. Food was good, even though we were bed and breakfast only. There needs to be a better seating system especially on a day when more guests arrive.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank debbeddall

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and I am pleased that you found the hotel to be clean and enjoyed the food.

Tina is special, and it is great to see her name mentioned.

Thanks again

Reviewed 3 August 2019

I have just returned from my 8th stay at the Beresford Hotel on my 20th Shearings Holiday and had a really great stay at this hotel, the staff are friendly especially our waitress Anastasia who was really friendly and efficient and cheered us up everyday with her beautiful simile the rooms were very clean and appeared newly decorated look forward to visiting again.

Room tip: The rooms at the back are cooler
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Rachael S

Hi Rachael

Thanks for your great review, and I am so sorry I didn't get to see you during your stay. I will make sure that Anastasia sees your comments, you are right, she does have a beautiful smile.

Hope very much to see you next year

Jackie