“great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Newquay
Lymington, United Kingdom
“great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

The staff were great very helpful and always with a smile and yes we would stay again the prices was good the food is excellent no hidden costs and they make you feel at home and very welcome great place to stay

Room Tip: Just 5 mins walk to the beach and golf course and high street and the views are out of this world al...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Polish first
Harrogate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Friendly staff who could not do more for us during our stay. One of the closest hotels to Fistral beach and only a 5-10 minute walk to the centre of Newquay. Perfect location and good hotel at a reasonable price. Standard rooms are small.
Breakfast is lovely although the staff got a little mixed up with orders.

Room Tip: Ask for a Seaview, standard rooms are small, might be worth paying extra for an upgrade.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely short stay in the carnmarth hotel! Great quirky room, fabulous view of the golf course and sea, very clean and lots of space! The staff were very helpful too. Didn't have a chance to eat in the restaurant but it went into the town instead. Had a great time in Newquay and would definitely stay in this hotel again :)

• Stayed July 2014
Stamford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Great 4 day stay at this hotel. Upgraded on arrival to sea view. Friendly staff who could not do more for us during our stay. One of the closest hotels to Fistral beach and only a 5-10 minute walk to the centre of Newquay. Perfect location and good hotel at a reasonable price although too many reviews like this might push the prices up but would still be worth it.
Thanks to the owner and the staff for making our stay so enjoyable.
Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms do get rather hot in sunny conditions.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Rochester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

My familty have stayed twice before during early summer so we can take advantage of the body boarding on Fistral beach. As ever the staff were welcoming and friendly, rooms clean (albeit my room 19 door was a little rattly when people walked by, but the staff corrected this when I mentioned it). All in all I would recommend this hotel, it is only a few minutes walk from Fistral beach and has its own surf equipment hire in its car-park. If pushed to make a criticism (or lets say constructive feedback for continued improvement), it is a shame that (unfortunately like many restaurants in the area) they stop taking orders for food in the restaurant just before 9pm (8.50 pm in the case of the first night we arrived), not a massive problem as there are other nice places to eat a 15 min walk away in the town centre, but the Carnmarth serves some lovely seafood, just frustrating it is not possible to order it just before 9pm in what is peak season. One final tip, if you want to use the restaurant of an evening during your stay, please check they are not holding one of their many functions (weddings, school leaver proms,etc) as you are not able to eat in it after 7pm. A lovely hotel though and I will book again for next summer.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the front of the hotel, if possible one with a balcony, lovely views of t...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We went to a wedding in Newquay in a slight panic as we had not booked anywhere. We also had our dog on tow, which added a degree of difficulty. I phoned the Carnmarth and they were super nice on the phone. Booked a room and we were ready to go. However, having not really seen any reviews for the place nor recommended by friends, we arrived to the hotel nervously. Firstly, the location was superb! as we drove closer and closer to the beach my other half kept saying "no way... no way!" and our furry friend's tail began to wiggle erratically. Second, the check-in was effortless and very pleasant. We were also upgraded, which was a very welcome bonus after a long drive from London. We had a drink on the terrace which has the coolest view. The restaurant staff was very friendly. Then, it was time to check out the room, which was awesome! Again, we weren't expecting much, but the room totally surpassed our expectations. Having balcony access, especially with a doggie, makes a huge difference... and best enjoyed with a bottle of rosé and plenty of sunscreen. The bed was comfy and the shower had the type of pressure you love after enjoying a long, sticky day by the sun/sand. Breakfast was great – although the place can do a little more work on the so-called cold buffet options – the hot breakfast had plenty of options, which were cooked perfectly (i.e., not burnt, nor flavourless). It is so convenient that there's parking in the hotel, so we left our car behind and walked 2 minutes to the (really cool) beach... we almost felt as if we were in a different country! So there you have it. We found a great surprise by Newquay's seafront, and it called the Carnmarth hotel. We will be back here, for sure!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with a balcony!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

After a 7 hour drive we was very tired my partner loves to surf so we went surfing on New Year's Eve freezing. As we didnt know the area he wanted us to get dressed up and eat downstairs I was very upset to be told at 6pm that food has finished n to try a pizza shop up the road very rude I thought went back upstairs as I thought it was what I was wearing she made me feel like I was pretty woman or something. We came back a hour later as it was a nye party and finding people are ordering and eating their food we asked again n said we don't look like there guests so at that point tired and very upset I went to my room and actually cried she ruined my New Years that my partner had surprisingly booked he then wiped my tears and said I was too good for pizza we will find a place to eat so I put my dress back on and we had the most amazing meal somewhere else!!!!!! Next morning had breakfast cooked n then took full advantage of cereal n juice as yet another 7 hour drive and a 4 hour surf ahead if me will I come here again?! No only for parking to the Newquay activity centre... Shame on you staff I didn't report as was too upset n I found it rude! Rooms ok yet another twin bed!!! Shower n toilet in room telly bonus for my ruined night.

• Stayed January 2014