“Excellent location”

Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Got this on a deal for Dinner Bed and Breakfast. It was well worth the money. The rooms are as shown on the website. We had a sea view but would say try to go higher than floor one as you are looking on to a flat roof and sea gulls do like to stand outside your room. The spa was excellent, warm clean and relaxing. The food was amazing the chocolate pudding was lovely. Sat looking out on the Beach with the sunset and a glass of wine would take some beating. I would say check you Bill as I had other peoples items on mine and so did another person checking out at the same time. However, it was resolved quickly. Wifi was good so could work from here. Friendly staff. Good walking from hotel and free car parking. Would go back.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor
1  Thank Montgomery16
BayHotelManager, Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Dear Montgomery16 thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you would come back and just remember any returning guests receive 10% discount as part of our loyalty club. Regards Fistral Beach Hotel Manager

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Stayed on a business trip. Reception was very good and most helpful. Check in was smooth. Room was clean, modern, but small. Food at dinner was good but service was not so good. My first order of drinks was forgotten. My dessert never turned up at all despite waiting for almost 30 minutes. I mentioned this to the waiter as I was leaving and also to reception as I passed through and suggested that this would, no doubt, be reflected in my bill (having already paid for 3 course dinner). The problem was never addressed and nothing was taken off my bill. Had the restaurant been busy I could have understood something being missed or forgotten, but it was actually very quiet.
The hotel is in a lovely position and has lovely views but the excellent check in experience was completely countered by the restaurant and apathy towards my concern. I can only rate it as average I'm afraid.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary092

Thank Gary 092 for your review. All feedback both positive and negative welcomed. I am sorry that the experience in the restaurant did not live up to expectations, I can assure you that myself and the restaurant manager are working together to address these issues that you have raised. If you are returning to the area on business please feel free to contact me as I would love the opportunity to put right your past experience. Regards Fistral Beach Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

We stayed here the night of 18 May for my husband's birthday.

The hotel is beautifully situated with fantastic views across Fistral beach. The staff are really polite and pleasant and we had a lovely lunch in the bar.

The rooms have been recently refurbished to a high standard and are spacious and comfortable with everything you need.

We are going back in October.

Room Tip: Worth paying extra for a sea view
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi BrenandMickR Thank you fr taking the time to review us and we look forward to having you back in October. Regards Fistral Beach Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Girlfriend found a brilliant deal on secret escapes but regardless this was a good weekend.
The spa was decent, especially the hot tub. It's a shame the treatments are too pricey for a student budget.
The food was brilliant, especially dinner! Well worth the money.
Fistral beach itself is pretty good, full of surfers and not chavvy.

• Stayed: May 2013

Hi Himster, thank you for your review I am pelased that you enjoyed your stay. Regards Fistral Beach Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Stayed at the newly refurbished Fistral beach Hotel whilst in Newquay visiting family. Have used Fistral Spa in the past where spa treatments always exceed expectations. This time decided to stay in the hotel. Booked balcony room for the amazing view but also found the room to be clean, a good size and the new refurbishment adds a contemporary feel. We ate in the bar which we enjoyed. Will stay again as the location, service and facilities suits us perfectly. Would certainly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you Helen for your lovely review. I am pleased that you like our newly refurbished rooms and we look forward to having you back in the near future. Regards Fistral Beach Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I took the family down to Newquay to enjoy the North Cornwall coast and stayed at the Fistral Beach Hotel, as recommended by a friend.

We were not let down at all. From the friendly front of house staff, to the excellent facilities and beautiful views.

This hotel is a must for anyone visiting Newquay...with an appetite for a bit more class! :-)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you Mead81 for your review. Regards Fistral Beach Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

I have stayed twice in the last month whilst on business having previously stayed when it was the Bay Hotel. On the first ocassion I left a digital radio. I was delighted to learn that it had been found by the housekeeping staff and I was able to collect it on my second visit. I was pleased with the honesty of staff as this has not always been my experience when staying in other hotels. Not only that reception staff remembered me from my first visit which made me feel very welcome.
Sea views at breakfast are excellent.
Recent refurbishments mean that rooms are very comfortable/luxurious and on both occassions, depsite low prices, I was given an excellent room. The only issue I have is whether the quality of the recent work will stand the test of time with door stops, grouting and window trims falling off during both stays.

Room Tip: Contact hotel directly for best deals. Sea view rooms are excellent so ask for a balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Thanks Steve H, I am glad we could find you radio for you. I must admit there is nothing nicer than watching the waves crash over Fistral whilst enjoying a croissant and nice cup of coffee. I hope to see you again soon. Regards Fistral Beach Hotel Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newquay
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
Legacy Hotel Victoria - Newquay
The Carlyon Bay
The Carlyon Bay
#1 of 9 in St Austell

Been to Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!