“Love this hotel and the fantastic views, heaven”

Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This was our second visit to this hotel, this time it had been updated, Wow what a difference, our room was beautiful as were the views, the facilities as always were excellent.
What lets down this hotel is the Fistral Spa service, the therapists in my opinion are in experienced and rushed our treatment of a full body massage from start to finish, a real disappointment when everywhere else in the hotel; the service is top class, we like this hotel because of being able to start our stay with a massage, however would perhaps try somewhere else in future.
I must also add that this was the second time we had visited Fistral Spa and had similar findings on our first visit, thought it was worth the second chance however not a third!!

Room Tip: Beach and sea views, absolutely stunning and well worth the money.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
BayHotelManager, Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Dear Vanessa K, Thank you for your review, all feedback both positive or negative is welcomed. Regarding your comments on the spa they have been passed onto the spa manager who will make sure that they are dealt with. It is difficult for me to now comment as I do not know which treatment, what time you book etc. However I would just like to bring to your attention that that the treatment time listed in the brochure is including the customer journey which starts from the moment that you are collected from the relaxation room to the moment you are returned which includes you consultation at the beginning. If you would like to discuss this with the spa manager then please do not hesitate to contact us as we would love the opportunity to resolve this for you. Regards Fistral Beach Hotel Manager.

There are newer reviews for Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Our short break to Fistral Beach Hotel,Newquay was really enjoyable.Our room was lovely-very clean,and tastefully furnished.The bathroom was spotless,and beautifully finished.The staff were as pleasant as can be,and made you feel very welcome.We shall definitely be making a return visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you Hillary B for your lovely review and we look forward to welcoming you back shortly. Regards Fistral Beach Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

I wish I could stay longer than 2 nights - this hotel was a real find. The location is amazing overlooking Fistral Beach. The spa is just what you need - pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. The food is excellent with mostly brilliant service.

I had the odd difficulty being immediately understood by the non-English waiters, and a Cornish afternoon tea that never arrived but very minor comments. The vast majority of the time the service was exceptional - not seaside resort visitor but valued customer.

I had a blissful stay and will be back once I've saved some pennies.....

Room Tip: If you can afford to upgrade to sea view, the view is wonderful but the standard room was just great...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Thank you DianeWilliams1961 for your lovely review. I hope next time you are able to stay longer with us. Regards Fistral Beach Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel expecting to check in to our room immediately as we had arrived early afternoon, to find to our surprise that the room was not.one staff said its not ready and the other staff said the manager is going round checking our rooms,It won't be long and then you can go to your room ,after 5 mins the staff came back to say it will be another 5 mins to which we were not pleased but continued to wait till the room was finally ready.
On eventually getting to our room it is clean and tidy but their sliding doors seal must need replacing as you can hear the sound of the wind not good for a peaceful nite sleep !!!
We then decided to go out to Padstow for the afternoon which was an amazing afternoon.
On returning to the hotel there was no parking spaces left at the hotel to park in , so we found a space right at the end of the hotel not blocking anyone but decided to let the reception know and ask reception if there was any other spaces to be told by a rude with an attitude receptionist no you can park on the street to which I said no we had stuff in the car, she said well you should of reserved a space you must of been told as its standard procedure which we hadn't. I could not believe she answered back and didn't offer any sort of compromise to a guest just argue with the guest.
I was very disappointed with their attitude towards guests we are the ones paying their wages they should remember that.
I will not be returning to this hotel
Beware of their attitude

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank roxy29

Dear Roxy29. All feedback both positive and negative is welcomed. Our rooms are available for check in from 3pm onwards we always do our best to let guests check in prior to this time if the room is available. Your comments on the sliding door have been passed on to the maintenance team and they have been addressed. Regarding the car parking we do highlight the different options for parking on both our website and on the confirmation letter sent out to all of our guests. If you would like to discuss this with me further please do not hesitate to contact. Regards Fistral Beach Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Got this on a deal for Dinner Bed and Breakfast. It was well worth the money. The rooms are as shown on the website. We had a sea view but would say try to go higher than floor one as you are looking on to a flat roof and sea gulls do like to stand outside your room. The spa was excellent, warm clean and relaxing. The food was amazing the chocolate pudding was lovely. Sat looking out on the Beach with the sunset and a glass of wine would take some beating. I would say check you Bill as I had other peoples items on mine and so did another person checking out at the same time. However, it was resolved quickly. Wifi was good so could work from here. Friendly staff. Good walking from hotel and free car parking. Would go back.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor
1  Thank Montgomery16

Dear Montgomery16 thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you would come back and just remember any returning guests receive 10% discount as part of our loyalty club. Regards Fistral Beach Hotel Manager

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Stayed on a business trip. Reception was very good and most helpful. Check in was smooth. Room was clean, modern, but small. Food at dinner was good but service was not so good. My first order of drinks was forgotten. My dessert never turned up at all despite waiting for almost 30 minutes. I mentioned this to the waiter as I was leaving and also to reception as I passed through and suggested that this would, no doubt, be reflected in my bill (having already paid for 3 course dinner). The problem was never addressed and nothing was taken off my bill. Had the restaurant been busy I could have understood something being missed or forgotten, but it was actually very quiet.
The hotel is in a lovely position and has lovely views but the excellent check in experience was completely countered by the restaurant and apathy towards my concern. I can only rate it as average I'm afraid.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary092

Thank Gary 092 for your review. All feedback both positive and negative welcomed. I am sorry that the experience in the restaurant did not live up to expectations, I can assure you that myself and the restaurant manager are working together to address these issues that you have raised. If you are returning to the area on business please feel free to contact me as I would love the opportunity to put right your past experience. Regards Fistral Beach Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

We stayed here the night of 18 May for my husband's birthday.

The hotel is beautifully situated with fantastic views across Fistral beach. The staff are really polite and pleasant and we had a lovely lunch in the bar.

The rooms have been recently refurbished to a high standard and are spacious and comfortable with everything you need.

We are going back in October.

Room Tip: Worth paying extra for a sea view
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi BrenandMickR Thank you fr taking the time to review us and we look forward to having you back in October. Regards Fistral Beach Hotel Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newquay
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
The Carlyon Bay
The Carlyon Bay
#1 of 9 in St Austell
Legacy Hotel Victoria - Newquay

Been to Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!