“Fantastic friendly and first class staff”

Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Newquay
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Fantastic friendly and first class staff”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

This hotel is amazing, the staff are superb courteous and nothing is too much or them. The general manager is very down to earth and works alongside all the staff whom I cannot fault at all, you don't get this service in Mayfair, London!!!
View is amazing, we stayed in Room 113 which was spacious bright and clean. The food was first class and the breakfast was out of this works with so much choice it was mind boggling.
Ideally situated and with its own parking I would not hesitate to state this as one of the best hotels for staff attitude courteousness and care that I have ever been to.
Matt the waiter was outstanding, all the staff were but he is management material without a doubt , .

Cannot recommend highly enough , Anne & Colin
Room 113 July 4th thru July 8th 2013

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Fistral_Beach_Hotel, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Hi Anneolivererika. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and your kind comments regarding our star waiter Matt have been passed onto him. I hope that you will return to us soon and we look forward to being able to welcome you back.

Becky Higginson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (600)
somerset
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I've just returned from a wk at FBH. What a delightful place, and the staff know just how to treat their guests. I had a bit of a gripe on arrival as my room faced a brick wall with a tiny view of the sky, and the pool filtration system was by the bedroom window, so this loud noise kept coming on and off.Kirsty on reception sorted it so quickly and moved me to a different room, couldn't
have asked for more from all the staff, always ready smiles. The food is superb, hang on to that chef, the fish was fabulous. The Spa is such a bonus, and my massage was 10/10, a steam room and jacuzzi at the end of a hike along the coast path is just perfect. May I suggest
4tog duvets in Summer? All in all, I will come again, great place,refurbishment is good, all rooms quiet and sumptuous beds.....thank you Kirsty...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Hi Tizzitizzi, thank you for taking the time to share your views of the Fistral Beach Hotel with fellow travellers. I am so pleased that you had such a lovely time, and don't worry we wont be letting go of our head chef any time soon ;) I have passed your comments onto Kirsty and she was pleased that she was able to help make your stay special.

]

Reviewed 4 July 2013

I can't fault this place. We stayed for the weekend on a living social deal and everything was first class including the service, spa and dinner. The wait at meal time was a bit excessive but the food was well worth the wait. All in all a cracking little hotel in a beautiful location overlooking the bay. I would thoroughly recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2013
Fistral_Beach_Hotel, Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
Dear Emmylouvec

Thank you for your lovely review, I am please that you enjoyed your stay, I am sorry regarding the long waiting time at dinner and we will do our best to improve this. I hope we can welcome you back to Fistral Beach Hotel in the near future.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I visited the spa as a day visitor - I live locally and was given a treatment as a gift. While I was there I also booked an additional treatment as well. The therapist was really nice ad skilled.
However, I found the customer care before and after lacking. After my treatments I went to the relaxation area at lunchtime, no cups or glasses left and so went to use the changing areas but these were locked - no one was in them either. So disappointing!! Fed back to reception and really felt that they were not interested.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Thank you Sue, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your treatment. However I was very disappointed to read that you did not feel the customer care was there before or after your treatment. We view a customers journey starting from the moment they arrive at the spa to the moment they leave and I would like to apologise if this is not the experience that you received. If you would like to discuss this further with me then please do not hesitate to contact me on manager@fistralbeachhotel.co.uk I hope to here from you.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights but would have loved to stay longer. Stunning view from our balcony across Fistral Beach. The room was wonderful, lovely comfy bed, nice modern bathroom and everything we needed. The staff here are really excellent, very friendly, polite and professional. The bar has a nice atmosphere with sophisticated entertainment during the evenings and the food in the restaurant was of a very high standard. Quite expensive, but if you get the opportunity to take advantage of any offers (travelzoo etc.) don't miss it.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view, you can't go wrong, ideally 3rd floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Christine B

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I will agree it is definitely worth paying the extra to upgrade to one of the sea view or best rooms as the views are amazing, however you can always relax and enjoy them from the comfort of the bar, restaurant or decking. Hope to see you again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Good accommodation, good food, sea view fantastic, staff brilliant. All very clean and up to date not quite luxury standard but the food, staff and view make up for this. Spa excellent, lovely pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. Will try treatments next time too busy exploring the stunning beaches.

Room Tip: Choose sea view room worth the extra money
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear AliceRosy

All our rooms are different shapes and sizes, however I am pleased you gave us the opportunity whilst you were here to find you a room that was more suitable for you. Our economy rooms do have very restricted view and are smaller than our standard rooms however these rooms are still refurbished to the same standard and give our customers the option of a cheaper room whilst still enjoying all the facilities of the hotel. Your positive comments regarding the food have been passed onto our head chef. Thank you and I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Weston-super-Mare, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I would definitely recommend this hotel. Me and my husband booked an all-inclusive package through a discount site, which meant it was extremely good value for money. We ate in the hotel's restaurant all 4 nights - the food was superb. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We pre-booked a massage each in the spa, which was lovely and so relaxing - highly recommended. The pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi were so lovely and you get full use of the pool, gym etc as a guest of the hotel. The hotel overlooks the beautiful Fistral Bay. A short walk to the beach or an even shorter walk over the rocks to the beach when the tide is out (bit treacherous though!). We will definitely be visiting again - if only for the gorgeous food and awesome views.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are a must!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi Michele, I am so pleased that we made your honeymoon so memorable and you had such an amazing time. I will admit the view we have here is one of the best in Cornwall and not matter what the weather is like or how stormy the sea is it always looks awesome. Just remember when you return you will receive 10% discount on any future stay as you are now part of our loyalty club, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Becky Higginson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newquay
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
#12 of 38 in Newquay
The Carlyon Bay
The Carlyon Bay
#1 of 9 in St Austell

Been to Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!