“Relaxing, Romantic Escape!!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
CORNWALL
“Relaxing, Romantic Escape!!!”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We have been visiting this hotel for about 7 yrs now (we only live 45 mins away) and it just gets better everytime!! We both have very busy lifestyles with work and kids so to come here and totally relax and unwind is amazing. We booked the couples package which included DBB, champagne and chocolates on arrival, 90 minute treatment in the spa and stayed in one of there 'best rooms' with a sea view and balcony. Well I cannot fault anything!! We love the new refurb - the food, both evening and breakfast were outstanding, and the staff are so lovely and helpful. I could go on praising this hotel but I think I have covered all the main points!! Oh the only problem we had was the room was so hot and that was with no heating on so we slept with the balcony door open and listened to the sea all night!!! Perfect!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Fistral_Beach_Hotel, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Jednid

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you appreciate all the changes that we have made over the past few years and we hope that you will keep visiting us for many more years to come! Try our suite next time it is something really special and I can assure you if our like our best rooms then you will love our Fistral Suite.

Becky Higginson (General Manager) and The Team at Fistral Beach Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (585)
Congleton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Nice big room with modern furniture. Room and ensuite clean and toiletries and coffee supplies were plentiful on each of the 3 nights. The breakfast was superb and all the staff were friendly and helpful. Couldn't have wanted more - and at the price of a decent B&B it was excellent value. Car park a bit cramped but loads of free roadside parking in front of hotel. Didn't use the pool & spa facilities but it looked very good! Great sea view from restaurant. Will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Dave

Thank you for your lovely review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and we will be looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

NORTH WEST ENGLAND
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

This place is not cheap - but it is worth it! The location of the hotel with wonderful sea views is difficult to beat.
The rooms are very well laid out. The restaurant was good and the breakfast was one of the best that I have experienced anywhere with extensive hot and cold options. Two minor issues - the wrong newspaper was delivered and the waiter at the restaurant tried to give me a table without a sea view, claiming a birthday party was due (that did not appear to turn up!) but to his credit did promptly reverse this upon request. Overall however the staff were excellent, friendly and very helpful. The lt chekout facility was also useful. Overall, a great stay and well done to all the staff!

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank AS1690
Dear AS1690

Thank you for your lovely review. I will agree we are not budget accommodation but I do think that for the service, facilities and the quality of the rooms we still offer good value for money. Thank you from all the team here and I hope that we would be able to welcome you back in the future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights from Sunday 8th to Wednesday 11th September with my mum on a bed/breakfast basis.

The location of the hotel speaks for itself; unrivalled views of Fistral Beach. We had a "best room" number 301 on the 3rd floor with a double balcony. It was spotless, fresh and well decorated. We had a stand alone bath in the window (and separate shower cubical) and when sitting in the bath, all you could see was the ocean - bliss! Luxury toiletries and tea/coffee supplies were re-stocked daily. Comfy beds and plenty of storage including walk in wardrobe.

We ate a 3 course meal in the hotel restaurant every evening under the special rate and we were not disappointed. Great value for money. The food and service were exceptional every time and the waiters and waitresses were friendly, approachable, professional and attentive, especially Matthew (the restaurant manager), Ashleigh and Marcus.

The breakfast was amazing; help yourself to as much as you like from the continental buffet and order cooked food from the menu. Everything was replenished and looked after and although busy at times, we were not kept waiting long for anything.

I really enjoyed using the spa facilities at no extra cost; pool, jacuzzi, sauna steam room and being able to walk around in my robe was odd but fantastic!

Katie on reception was lovely and made us feel very welcome.

The only slight downside is the car park as there isn't much space, but parking on the road in front was no problem (just avoid the marked coach bays or the traffic warden will get you!)

All in all, an excellent hotel and experience. We'll be back and will stay longer next time; it was worth every penny.

Room Tip: the best rooms with balconies are worth paying a little extra - great for sitting out with the first...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Sadie

Thank you for your lovely review, I am thrilled that you had such a wonderful time staying with us and that Katie made you feel welcome on arrival. Katie would like to thank you for her special mention.

Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed 8th September for my birthday. We booked the Sunday night Spa package - £189 for 2 people, this includes double room with sea view, all day use of pool, jacuzzi/hot tub etc, 3 course evening meal, breakfast and 2 hours of treatments. We arrived at 11.30 and went in the bar for lunch and drinks we hoped seeing as our spa day started at 10am that we may of had our room ready before 2pm so that we could settle in, bit that was disappointingly not possible. The pool and steam room and hot tub are lovely, and changing rooms clean although over flowing with finished towels. Really disappointed that there were no loungers by the pool to lie and chill and read. We went up to have treatments facial which was very good and Leanne was very lovely. My partner had a massage which he said was fantastic. We went into the relaxation room but this is up on the third floor ~ pool is on ground floor , and all beds were in use which meant the whole day at the spa I had no where to lie down and read. The cocktails were not cheap but tasted amazing. The lunch was lovely, and evening meal was good. However, they had run out of all roast dinners and the pork loin and my partner would of loved a pasta dish but they only had pasta with fish on the menu. Also the special dessert had run out. The food we had was nice but my deep fried Brie had to be returned as was chilly in the middle. Breakfast was buffet and cooked which was really nicely cooked. All staff were helpful and friendly in all departments. Room was fantastic, modern and had a large bathroom up some steps from the bedroom with patio doors to a balcony. Stunning view of fistral beach from the balcony and in the bath!! Unfortunately the sea kept me awake but that's just me! The bed was lush comfortable. All in all a great hotel for breaks, but my few niggles did ruin my birthday treat a little bit :-/

• Stayed September 2013
Dear L1258

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you were disappointed that you could not get into you room before 2pm, our check in is from 3pm and we always do our best to get the rooms ready for people as early as possible especially when they have already arrived. Unfortunately it is not always possible as we are very busy. You are able to book an early check in on placing your reservation and this is just an extra £20 to guarantee your room to be ready for you by 12pm or you can just relax in the pool and the Bar whilst we look after your luggage.

We would love to put seating around the pool area and I can assure you if we had the space we would however we do have a lovely relaxation room where you are able to chill out before and after your treatments. This area can get busy at times but normally it isn't a problem to find somewhere to sit down and relax. I am sorry that this was not the case when you were with us.

I am glad that you liked your room and that the service you received from the staff was friendly and helpful.

I am sorry that these few niggles spoilt your Birthday a little bit, I would have loved you to raise them through out your stay to give us the opportunity to make it up to you.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stay at this hotel for a weekend getaway, booked through spa breaks. The hotel its self was lovely... well decorated and clean, and the staff were lovely and polite. Our main complaint is that on returning to our room, (which we had left a do not disturb sign on anyway) we found our door had been left open so you could just push it and walk in. Obviously this is a security risk as we had left valuables in our room, fortunately nothing was taken, but I then felt it was unsafe and had to drag stuff about with us. We complained to reception and to be fair the receptionist was very polite and apologised and we was given a voucher for a free drink... however I do not think a free drink covers it as it should not of happene i the first place.
The spa treatments were brilliant and therapists were very nice. Food was lovely although both days we found ourselves sitting and waiting for our order to be taken for over 20minutes.

Overall we thought our trip was overpriced for what we got (however this may be because we booked through a third party) compared to other spa breaks we have take. The views from our room were amazing though . Due to the ssecurity problem we had with our room I would not return to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear KayleighSarah22

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your comments and as per my email that I sent to you on departure from the hotel it is a matter that I have taken very seriously. We did check the lock after your departure from the hotel and on reading the coding the only key card that had been used to open the door was your key card. I do appreciate that this must have been very upsetting and I would like to assure you that guests safety is a high priority to us. If you would like to speak to me further about this the please do not hesitate to contact me on manager@fistralbeachhotel.co.uk.

Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Really superb hotel - without exception the staff were brilliant and so helpful and happy. We did find the vouchers very confusing (20% off dinner but then we didn't get the voucher back; 15% off the spa but not for packages which are also called programmes). Other than that it was faultless!

Room Tip: The sea view was wonderful
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Jayne

Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor. I am sorry that the vouchers we a little confusing. When we give out the special offer vouchers for the spa they are just on the individual treatments as the full day packages are already heavily discounted. I appreciate your comments regarding the 20% off dinning vouchers, and we are now putting one for every night of your stay in your welcome pack.

Becky Higginson (General Manager) and The Team at Fistral Beach Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newquay
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,133 reviews
Great Western Hotel
Great Western Hotel
#12 of 38 in Newquay

Been to Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!