“Great hotel!”

Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Lovely hotel with really friendly staff. Spa is lovely with good facilities and not overly busy. Wide choice of breakfast: freshly cooked to order where appropriate. Make sure you ask for a sea view - it's spectacular! We didn't dine in the restaurant but the menu looked good.

Room Tip: Try to get a sea view ...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank shaldonresident
Fistral_Beach_Hotel, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear Shaldonresident

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the hotel with others on trip advisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Becky Higginson (General Manager) and The Team at Fistral Beach Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,039)

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Our second visit. We had a Seaview room,which was a really good size,also the bathroom had a lovely freestanding bath and a walk in rainfall shower. All was modern and lovely and clean.
We had a spa package with a 55 minute massage, which was amazing! The Breakfast Menu had great choice of just about anything you could want for breakfast and the Evening meal was Three Course A La Carte. All food was superb!!.
Add to this, Staff that are really welcoming and heplful,nothing is too much trouble for any of them,and you know why we will be going back again and again.
Oh,and the Gym was well equiped and maintained and the Pool, Sauna, Steamroom,and Jacuzzi well looked after. The changing rooms, nice and clean, with a plentiful supply of fresh towels and shower gels.

Room Tip: Go for the best room you can on your budget. It does make a difference.
1  Thank Anthony T

Dear Anthony

Thank you for your lovely review, I am please that you enjoyed yourselves so much and I hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

We have been visiting this hotel for about 7 yrs now (we only live 45 mins away) and it just gets better everytime!! We both have very busy lifestyles with work and kids so to come here and totally relax and unwind is amazing. We booked the couples package which included DBB, champagne and chocolates on arrival, 90 minute treatment in the spa and stayed in one of there 'best rooms' with a sea view and balcony. Well I cannot fault anything!! We love the new refurb - the food, both evening and breakfast were outstanding, and the staff are so lovely and helpful. I could go on praising this hotel but I think I have covered all the main points!! Oh the only problem we had was the room was so hot and that was with no heating on so we slept with the balcony door open and listened to the sea all night!!! Perfect!

Dear Jednid

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you appreciate all the changes that we have made over the past few years and we hope that you will keep visiting us for many more years to come! Try our suite next time it is something really special and I can assure you if our like our best rooms then you will love our Fistral Suite.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Nice big room with modern furniture. Room and ensuite clean and toiletries and coffee supplies were plentiful on each of the 3 nights. The breakfast was superb and all the staff were friendly and helpful. Couldn't have wanted more - and at the price of a decent B&B it was excellent value. Car park a bit cramped but loads of free roadside parking in front of hotel. Didn't use the pool & spa facilities but it looked very good! Great sea view from restaurant. Will stay there again.

Dear Dave

Thank you for your lovely review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and we will be looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

This place is not cheap - but it is worth it! The location of the hotel with wonderful sea views is difficult to beat.
The rooms are very well laid out. The restaurant was good and the breakfast was one of the best that I have experienced anywhere with extensive hot and cold options. Two minor issues - the wrong newspaper was delivered and the waiter at the restaurant tried to give me a table without a sea view, claiming a birthday party was due (that did not appear to turn up!) but to his credit did promptly reverse this upon request. Overall however the staff were excellent, friendly and very helpful. The lt chekout facility was also useful. Overall, a great stay and well done to all the staff!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank AS1690

Dear AS1690

Thank you for your lovely review. I will agree we are not budget accommodation but I do think that for the service, facilities and the quality of the rooms we still offer good value for money. Thank you from all the team here and I hope that we would be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights from Sunday 8th to Wednesday 11th September with my mum on a bed/breakfast basis.

The location of the hotel speaks for itself; unrivalled views of Fistral Beach. We had a "best room" number 301 on the 3rd floor with a double balcony. It was spotless, fresh and well decorated. We had a stand alone bath in the window (and separate shower cubical) and when sitting in the bath, all you could see was the ocean - bliss! Luxury toiletries and tea/coffee supplies were re-stocked daily. Comfy beds and plenty of storage including walk in wardrobe.

We ate a 3 course meal in the hotel restaurant every evening under the special rate and we were not disappointed. Great value for money. The food and service were exceptional every time and the waiters and waitresses were friendly, approachable, professional and attentive, especially Matthew (the restaurant manager), Ashleigh and Marcus.

The breakfast was amazing; help yourself to as much as you like from the continental buffet and order cooked food from the menu. Everything was replenished and looked after and although busy at times, we were not kept waiting long for anything.

I really enjoyed using the spa facilities at no extra cost; pool, jacuzzi, sauna steam room and being able to walk around in my robe was odd but fantastic!

Katie on reception was lovely and made us feel very welcome.

The only slight downside is the car park as there isn't much space, but parking on the road in front was no problem (just avoid the marked coach bays or the traffic warden will get you!)

All in all, an excellent hotel and experience. We'll be back and will stay longer next time; it was worth every penny.

Room Tip: the best rooms with balconies are worth paying a little extra - great for sitting out with the first...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Sadie

Thank you for your lovely review, I am thrilled that you had such a wonderful time staying with us and that Katie made you feel welcome on arrival. Katie would like to thank you for her special mention.

Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed 8th September for my birthday. We booked the Sunday night Spa package - £189 for 2 people, this includes double room with sea view, all day use of pool, jacuzzi/hot tub etc, 3 course evening meal, breakfast and 2 hours of treatments. We arrived at 11.30 and went in the bar for lunch and drinks we hoped seeing as our spa day started at 10am that we may of had our room ready before 2pm so that we could settle in, bit that was disappointingly not possible. The pool and steam room and hot tub are lovely, and changing rooms clean although over flowing with finished towels. Really disappointed that there were no loungers by the pool to lie and chill and read. We went up to have treatments facial which was very good and Leanne was very lovely. My partner had a massage which he said was fantastic. We went into the relaxation room but this is up on the third floor ~ pool is on ground floor , and all beds were in use which meant the whole day at the spa I had no where to lie down and read. The cocktails were not cheap but tasted amazing. The lunch was lovely, and evening meal was good. However, they had run out of all roast dinners and the pork loin and my partner would of loved a pasta dish but they only had pasta with fish on the menu. Also the special dessert had run out. The food we had was nice but my deep fried Brie had to be returned as was chilly in the middle. Breakfast was buffet and cooked which was really nicely cooked. All staff were helpful and friendly in all departments. Room was fantastic, modern and had a large bathroom up some steps from the bedroom with patio doors to a balcony. Stunning view of fistral beach from the balcony and in the bath!! Unfortunately the sea kept me awake but that's just me! The bed was lush comfortable. All in all a great hotel for breaks, but my few niggles did ruin my birthday treat a little bit :-/

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear L1258

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you were disappointed that you could not get into you room before 2pm, our check in is from 3pm and we always do our best to get the rooms ready for people as early as possible especially when they have already arrived. Unfortunately it is not always possible as we are very busy. You are able to book an early check in on placing your reservation and this is just an extra £20 to guarantee your room to be ready for you by 12pm or you can just relax in the pool and the Bar whilst we look after your luggage.

We would love to put seating around the pool area and I can assure you if we had the space we would however we do have a lovely relaxation room where you are able to chill out before and after your treatments. This area can get busy at times but normally it isn't a problem to find somewhere to sit down and relax. I am sorry that this was not the case when you were with us.

I am glad that you liked your room and that the service you received from the staff was friendly and helpful.

I am sorry that these few niggles spoilt your Birthday a little bit, I would have loved you to raise them through out your stay to give us the opportunity to make it up to you.

Becky Higginson (General Manager) and The Team at Fistral Beach Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newquay
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
The Atlantic Hotel
#10 of 37 in Newquay
St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa
Legacy Hotel Victoria - Newquay

Been to Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!