“Absolutely fabulous!”

Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for my friend's hen weekend and the entire stay was fantastic. We had found an excellent deal which included 3 course meal both nights, continental breakfast both mornings, a facial workshop and a cocktail making class. This was perfect deal for our hen weekend!

When we arrived at the hotel, the receptionist was very welcoming asking how our journey was and she was very informative about our stay. I shared a twin room with my friend and the room was lovely, it was very clean and the bathroom was big. We went to the spa after we unpacked and it was brilliant, we used all the facilities, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and pool which made us very relaxed. I particularly liked the lighting above the pool, as it resembled the night sky, which was beautiful.

Dinner both nights were amazing. Our table had been set up with balloons, which we thought was a very lovely touch. Our waiter, Simon, was extremely lovely. He was very polite and he gave outstanding service. The food was fantastic, there was a lot of variety and they did not leave you feeling hungry as the portions were a perfect size! There was no one fault with the food. Breakfast was wonderful, there were choices of cereal, pastries, and various cooked breakfasts, such as pancakes, full english and eggs florentine, which the servers brought to you.

Our cocktail making session was very fun. We could choose 2 cocktails from a list to make and they even let us create our own cocktails. The two barmen were very friendly and explained about how and why you make cocktails in a certain way. We had a facial workshop with two of the spa ladies. They were also very friendly and they demonstrated how to put the products on your face with the hen! They gave us products to suit our skin types and they gave a very relaxing head massage! This was a beautiful way to end a fantastic weekend!

All the staff in this hotel went above and beyond to make sure our stay was relaxing and fun. I would recommend staying here for any occasion, as you will not be disappointed by any aspect of your stay. I definitely would love to return in the future, as they have made me feel very welcomed!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bethany M
Fistral_Beach_Hotel, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Bethany

What a wonderful review, I am so pleased that you and your friends had such a lovely time with us here at Fistral Beach. I hope it was a truly memorable break, and am glad you were able to experience all of the facilities on offer at the hotel. I have passed on your kind comments to all members of the team, including Simon, The two barmen who took your cocktail class and the spa therapists. We have many different breaks on offer so I’m sure you’ll find something to suit any occasion, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Becky Higginson (General Manager) and The Team at Fistral Beach Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,089)

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Had a great night here recently, booked only the day before and paid just £55 for a room that didn't have a sea view. The room was modern and well equipped with a nice bathroom, complimentary toilliteries and tea and coffee making facilities. Used the gym (which was small but well equipped) and then the swimming pool, steam room and jacuzzi. All the facilities were lovely, felt really chilled after a few hours in there. The swimming pool is lovely and modern, the changing facilities were also really nice with great products. Not far to walk into the town for dinner or shopping, about 20 mins down hill, although it was raining in the evening so we got a taxi which came to £6. Literally across the road from the beach which is fab. Nice bar area too and all the staff were really pleasant and helpful. Would definitely stay here again. A lovely night of chilled luxury.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sophie N

Dear SophieN

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed your short break with us. I’m glad you’d like to return to the hotel, we look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed two nights B & B for a birthday treat with amazing views over Fistral Beach! Spa was all first class with very friendly staff. Excellent breakfast all cooked fresh with waiter service! Recommend this hotel if you want something extra special.

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Julie191009

I’m delighted by your kind comments, and am pleased that you chose the Fistral Beach Hotel to celebrate such a special occaison. We value our guests comments so I will definitely pass on your kind words to all members of staff. Thank you for the time taken to write this review, I really appreciate it. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back for another special occasion in the future.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

My wife booked this hotel for me for my birthday. It was brilliant we used the sauna, steam room sauna jacuzzi and pool we even went in and tried out the gym. Had a fantastic time and would recommend it highly and the breakfast is out standing.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear PaulC

I’d like to wish you belated happy birthday from all of the team here at Fistral Beach. Thank you for your kind comments and positive feedback; it gives me pleasure knowing that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I would also like to thank you for your recommendation, it means a lot to us here at the hotel. We’d love to welcome you back for another special occasion in the future.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Pleasant hotel with great view over Fistral Beach. Rooms OK , very big bathroom, good food - had an excellent dinner and breakfasts too were very good, unfortunately didn't have time to use the spa so can't comment on it- too busy exploring Cornwall! Quite expensive but worth it as I will never forget the view!

Room Tip: pick room overlooking the beach - ours had a balcony on top floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Springerpandog

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we appreciate all feedback from our guests. The view over Fistral Beach is truly one of a kind and I’m glad you were able to experience it from our hotel.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

This hotel is a gem of a find. We went for our anniversary and booked dinner, bed breakfast and massage. On arrival at the hotel our exhaust had just broken and they found us a garage rearranged our massages and were brilliant .our room was at the back but they had put petals in a heart shape on the bed. It was lovely but only a double bed when I had requested a king size. Reception again were great and moved us next door to a kingsize petals and all.
But the best part of our fantastic stay was dinner. If you are near Newquay treat yourselves. I had scallops on linguine with olive tampanard followed by steak and latte brûlée . My husband had amazing carrot honey and ginger soup, veggie main and toffee profiteroles . Wow I could eat it again now. The view from the hotel is wonderful but go for the food . The restaurant manager and staff made our night. Reception were wonderful too. Will be going back soon.

Room Tip: Sea view costs more but is fab.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Fistral_Beach_Hotel, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Anna C

I am pleased that you and your husband enjoyed your anniversary stay and that we were able to make it so special for you. I am sorry you were not allocated a king-size bed originally and I am pleased that reception resolved this for you quickly and efficiently. I look forward to you returning in the future.

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

On arrival we were allocated our room, we weren't expecting a sea view but was amazed when we opened the room door to a gorgeous view. Staff very attentive and friendly. Rooms very spacious and modern, would definitely come back

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Chery

Thank you for your review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your sea view. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.