“The perfect weekend getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Newquay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“The perfect weekend getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I booked this hotel as part of my wife's 30th birthday celebrations. We had heard good things from a friend but were still incredibly impressed with the location, the quality and the exceptional customer service. If you're looking for a relaxing weekend away, i could not recommend this hotel more highly.

Room Tip: Sea View rooms are brilliant
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fistral_Beach_Hotel, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear James P

Thank you for your review. I am pleased we were able to help make your wife's 30th so special and I thank you very much for the recommendation.

Becky Higginson (General Manager) and the team at The Fistral Beach Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (572)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Hotel was lovely and suited the perfect surroundings, Fistral beach was a beautiful place to stay. We ate in the restaurant which was slightly pricey but worth every penny!! Swimming pool and jacuzzi were also fabulous. Great place to relax!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi Chantelle

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience of staying with us, it is greatly appreciated. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Have just returned from two glorious days away at this Hotel. As a seasoned traveller its not often I take the time to submit a review, however after our two day experience I felt that I must. The location is stunning and I strongly recommend upgrading to a room with a sea view, it is something not to be missed. The accommodation was excellent, modern, clean and very inviting. The staff were excellent, none of the false smiles you often find these days and they seemed to take a genuine interest in our wellbeing. We ate in both the bar and restaurant and in both the food was of the highest standard, not cheap, but well worth the money. I must also recommend their Cornish tea and scones!! Particularly if sat in the bar overlooking the beach with a good gin and tonic in ones hands. The Spa facilities were great and having the ability to swim in the pool followed by a invigorating sauna were the icing on the cake. Before booking this break I took a lot of time to check the reviews and I can categorically guarantee that the ratings are well deserved. Whilst we were only away for a couple of days we have returned home suitably refreshed and looking forward to the next opportunity to visit. I am not sure if this is a family run business or part of a chain, but my thanks goes to whoever is running it and pass on my thanks to the staff, it’s a refreshing change to get home after a break and having nothing but positive thoughts!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a sea view, its a must.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi

Thank you very much for your lovely review, I am so pleased that you have enjoyed your stay, and I hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future. We are a family run business but we do have three hotels, 1 spa and 1 surf school spread across Cornwall and Devon.

Walsall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here from 31st December to 2nd January and included the New Years Eve Casino and Cocktails event.

This is the second time we've stayed here and love this hotel. As always the staff were polite and friendly, greeting us with a smile and 'good morning' on coming down the stairs for breakfast each morning. The restaurant manager, who seemed to always be there whether it was 9am or 10pm, did an excellent job as did Kriszti in the bar. The service here is exemplary.

The only thing coming marginally close to a negative was how busy it was in the bar area on New Years Eve, but given this the service was still of a high standard.

We had a sea view room and I will miss opening the curtains to that view in a morning.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Fistral_Beach_Hotel, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear Helenlj77

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased that you had enjoyed our New Years Casino Ball and I am pleased that you were well looked after.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

The hotel room had an amazing view of the sea and a becoming box of chocolate and spa gift which all added to pleasure of our. The staff were friendly and attentive without being intrusive. The massage I had in the spa was one of the best. I am missing it already! I would definately return .

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Ushaletchum

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am thrilled that you enjoyed yourselves so much and we look forward to you returning!

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

We spent 2 nights at this hotel via Secret Escapes package which was a very good deal.. The hotel staff were attentive without being overbearing and our sea view room was an added bonus. The staff in restaurant were excellent and the food was very good.
The spa facilities were also excellent but It would benefit from having a lounging area.
Overall we would return here again for short break.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Sebastian M

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed yourselves over the festive period and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Positives :
- Great views from the room

Negatives :
- staff at the check in very focused on making sure they got the pre authorisation from my credit card. When that didn't go through first time, was rudely told I had to make sure I came back within an hour to try again. The fault was their machine not my card or bank
- Christmas on 12 Nov. The hotel was running Christmas themed vacations primarily for the elderly when we arrived. Bearing in mind we check in on 12 Nov, we found it out of keeping with a 4 star hotel to have Christmas music belting out in their restaurant and staff in Christmas hats at that time of the year.
- Lift - the hotel has one small lift which means extended waiting times before you can actually get in it as it was often full.

I won't return to the hotel. The hotel charges four star prices and delivers a classless service.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Camber74
Fistral_Beach_Hotel, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Camber74

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. I would firstly like to assure you that the comments regarding the reception you got on arrival have been addressed, and I would like to offer my sincere apologise for this. In response to your comments regarding the Christmas decorations and the music I am sorry that this was off putting to you, this is the first time that we have received any negative feedback in relation to the time of year that the decorations are put up however as I mentioned to yourself that we will monitor this for the future.

Becky Higginson (General Manager) and the team at The Fistral Beach Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newquay
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
Bedruthan Hotel & Spa
Bedruthan Hotel & Spa
#2 of 3 in Mawgan Porth
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,101 reviews

Been to Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!