“Fantastic ! Fabulous friendly staff”

Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Had a lovely weekend stay here. The location is great (I could even watch the winter storms from my bath!) The staff were really friendly and did every thing to make our stay comfortable. The food was good and I can see this becoming our favourite weekend getaways. Well deserved of its ranking on trip advisor.

Room Tip: Book room 213 for a view from the bath!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Fistral_Beach_Hotel, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear theadds

Thank you for your review. I have pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and I will agree with you that room 213 has a spectacular view from the bathroom. I hope that we have the opportunity of welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I accidently booked this hotel through Booking.com, and realised i booked it with a "non-refundable transaction" meaning i was obliged to pay the amount in full even though i hadn't even confirmed with the wife if she fancied going to Newquay that weekend. The hotel was fantastic and quickly sent me a confirmation email stating that the charges have been wavered. They could of easily said "i'm sorry, but you have to pay" but Hannah (i think her name was) was brilliant. So, although i haven't actually stayed at the hotel, i've heard nothing but good things, and the next time i go to Newquay, i will certainly try this hotel instead of the Headlands.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Smiffter

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that Hannah handled this situation in the manner that she did. I look forward to your next visit an hopefully you will be able to stay with us this time.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed one night in a brilliant room, all brand newly refurbished. Excellent hospitality, food and location. I suppose the room could be hot in the summer, but perfect for me. I note someone complained about being woken by seagulls, - Bizzarre!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear John M

Thank you for your review. All of our rooms were refurbished in the past year and it is lovely to read that the hard work and the investment was worth while. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future (perhaps for longer next time!).

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We were meeting my daughter and her boyfriend at The Fistral Beach and had a wonderful short stay. The reception staff were very helpful and upgraded our room as it was a special occasion . Also the Bar staff were very friendly too . We have travelled everywhere and couldn't fault this hotel . The Simmos

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Elaine

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, I am pleased you and your family had an enjoyable time staying with us and that we were able to make it extra special.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed here during the recent storms. Had a sea facing room which was great. Arrived then had a swim whilst our room was getting ready then a treatment. Very relaxing indeed.

Evening meal was great but the best thing about the hotel was its staff. Absolutely fantastic, they really could not have done more to make our stay very pleasant indeed. Top Marks to all concerned.

1  Thank BilllyBoy72

Dear Billyboy72

Thank you for your review. It gives me great pleasure to see how much you enjoyed your stay. The team that we have here are fantastic and their hard work is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Found a great deal on Wahonda.com for a
55 min treatment, use of all the facilities, 3 course meal, overnight stay in a luxury room and full english breakfast the next morning.
i booked it straight away seeing that weekend was my 21st birthday... me and my boyfriend both had the fistral treatment which was a facial and back neck and shoulders and we both thought it was amazing!! Our hotel room was lush over looking fistral beach with a balcony and in the tub view!! they made me feel really special at the meal as they decorated my table for my birthday and wrote in chocolate happy 21st birthday on my desert :) food was delicious. couldnt fault anything it was so lovely.

Room Tip: you definitely want to ask for a room with a balcony, spectacular views over the beach
1  Thank Kelsey W

Dear Kelsey W

Thank you so much for taking the time to review. I am thrilled that we were able to help to make your 21st Birthday memorable and special. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came here for our honeymoon years ago and have returned year on year only this year we were left a little disappointed as we booked a couples spa treatment under the impression we would be in the same room but we were not which upset my husband, they tried charging more than the deal stated and the champagne that was also included was forgotten and we didn't get that until we later returned to our room, it kind of spoilt it for us as this was booked as a romantic anniversary treat and my husband took some convincing to have it in the first place, the room was lovely and clean as always but we did have 2 single beds pushed together rather than a double as requested (hate that) and the next morning the shower and hot taps ran cold so we couldn't shower before our long trip home, this happened the previous year too! I have to say though the staff here are phenomenal they are all so friendly and helpful it's the reason we keep coming back and we will continue to do so as apart from this years hiccup, overall it's great! :)

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Lyndsey

Thank you for your feedback, all feedback both positive and negative is appreciated.

Please accept my sincere apologise for the lapses in the service you received this is not the high standard that we pride ourselves with and I can assure you that I will be looking into the issues that you have raised and taking appropriate action were necessary.

I am pleased that it has not put you off returning and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Please contact me directly on manager@fistralbeachhotel.co.uk if you would like to return and I will personally handle your booking.

Becky Higginson (General Manager) and the team at The Fistral Beach Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newquay
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
The Atlantic Hotel
#10 of 37 in Newquay
St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa
Legacy Hotel Victoria - Newquay

Been to Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!