“Great Stay”

Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Newquay
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Had a wonderful night here. Room was very clean and neat. Bathroom was big and had a bath and shower. Good hot water! Bed was very comfortable. Food was great and there's a massive array for breakfast, you could manage not to eat for the rest of the day! We didn't use the spa, but pool and jacuzzi were good. Robes, towles and slippers were provided. Fab night.

1 Thank Tina A
Marketingnqyhotels, Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Tina A

Thank you for your review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we can welcome you back again soon for a longer visit and tempt you to use our spa facilities too!

Sophie Kelly (Social Media Manager) and the team at The Fistral Beach Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (583)
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We spent three nights here last week and it was one of the best experiences we've had in a hotel.

We upgraded to a sea view room and we're glad we did as it was the sunniest weekend in May. We had stunning views across the beach, not only from the balcony, but bed, bath and loo! It was lovely to fall asleep to the sound of the sea as well. The room was beautifully clean, spacious and comfortable.

When we arrived we both had treatments in the spa, a lovely experience and a great start to our holiday.

We were booked for dinner, bed and breakfast for our three nights and were so pleased we'd made that decision, the quality and originality of the food was excellent! Our compliments go to the chef for creative dishes of beautifully cooked and presented meals. We both ate fish every night and loved the specials which changed every day. We'd highly recommend the signature pud: layers of creaminess, strawberries and pastry - yum. We both had it on two nights!

Breakfast was equally as good, with full cooked to order menu, plus a really good continental selection.

The service from the whole restaurant and bar team was second to none, attentive and friendly. Marcos was our waiter most days and he was brill.

As a fussy traveller I can't recommend this hotel enough, we has a fab experience throughout our break and even though we live 4 hours away, are already planning our next visit.

Thank you to all at Fistral Beach!

Room Tip: I'm sure all rooms are great, but would definitely recommend an upgrade to a sea view or balcony...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Marketingnqyhotels, Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Nuttyslack_10

Thank you for your review! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I shall pass your compliments on to the restaurant and kitchen staff and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Visited for my mums 50th birthday and have never experience such welcome and genuinely nice staff. We had a sea view room and it was beautiful, clean and welcoming. The food in the ocean view restaurant was one of the best meals I've had. We were both extremely blown away and so glad we came here. The manager of the restaurant served us and was the most polite and welcoming I've had. I am a duty manager in a restaurant and would love my staff to be as lovely as they are.
We will definitely be returning in the near future. Definitely money we'll spent. Thank you for making her birthday so amazing

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Bexrice

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that your Mum had an enjoyable 50th birthday celebration! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Exmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

It has been a while since we have had customer service to this high quality from all staff - excellent.nothing was too much trouble, simple things like remembering your name, showing you where something was within the hotel rather than just telling you and providing feather pillows with a smile when asked. Well Done

Room Tip: If staying in one of the best rooms ask for room 301 a bath with a view :-)
Dear Jules,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of staying with us. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

The North
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed for two nights in May 2014. Very welcoming and helpful staff. The hotel has stunning views across the bay. Both Main Menu and table d'hôte food is excellent and varied. Breakfast food varied and well presented. A well maintained, clean and tidy hotel. Thank you.

Room Tip: Overlooking the beach.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Rob,

Eardisland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

This is second visit Views are amazing from this hotel situated high over bay. Worth paying for premium sea view balcony
Good food, freshly prepared. DB&B excellent value. Spa treatments lovely Lovely walks from hotel to gorgeous lunch venues. We will be back

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank yvonneSthomas
Dear Yvonne

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of staying with us and with others. I hope that we do have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

What an excellent hotel, with excellent staff, in a fantastic location.
Checked in at 14.00 by Charlie on reception. I had booked a premier room with a stunning sea view and balcony as it was my birthday treat. Paying the extra for this room was well worth it, but also the non sea view rooms are of the same standard without the view. On checking in I was advised that all my extras were already accounted for and afternoon tea would be served in the bar at 5.30 as requested. All things taken care of, so thanks to all staff.
On going up to our room I was surprised to see balloons on the bed.(Birthday gift). The room was of a good size and looked like it had been recently refurbished. Bathroom and really large, again with floor to ceiling windows, so you could be in the bath and still enjoy the stunning view. Robes, slippers and toilities also provided.
My bug bear- Tea Tray- No complaints- Plenty of tea, coffee, milk and bikkies- It was re stocked every day.
Afternoon Tea- £15 per person.
Well what can I say, except scrummy- Thanks chef for preparing a non fish one for me. The sandwiches, cakes and scones were really fresh. You pick your own tea, from a large selection and they even bring you a timer, so you know when it is weak, medium or strong. I have had afternoon tea at the Ritz in London and I must say that this one came pretty close to beating it.
Breakfast- Firstly Thanks to Marcos and Ryan for keeping the tea coming- It was appreciated.
Jason - You do a fantastic job of running the restaurant.
What I really like about breakfast is that all juices, cereal, meats, cheese and bread/toast are there for you to help yourself, but the main breakfast is cooked to order, so again really fresh. I had traditional breakfast and my partner had kippers, which he said were delicious. My breakfast was too, the sausages in particular were very tasty.
Dinner
Served in the restaurant overlooking the sea- Tables well spaced out, so you do not feel crammed in.
Extensive choice of menu- The pate was delicious as was the steak, which I had well done, so thanks chef for cooking it how I like it.
Pudding was also excellent.
Spa- Not busy on Friday, but did get busy on Saturday as there was a party of ladies staying at the hotel, but spa is big enough to accommodate this.
Iceing on the cake- Thanks to all staff including Charlie, Ryan, Marcos, Blondie(Sorry I have forgotten your name) all the bar and cleaning staff for making my birthday weekend really special.
I am hopefully coming back soon with my friend for her birthday.

Room Tip: I would book a sea view room. They have 2 different ones as they are worth the extra.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Botica1526
Fistral_Beach_Hotel, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Botica

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. Firstly thank you for choosing to spend such a special occasion with us and I am pleased that you were so well looked after by the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for your friends Birthday celebrations.

Becky Higginson (General Manager) and the team at The Fistral Beach Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newquay
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,120 reviews
Great Western Hotel
Great Western Hotel
#11 of 38 in Newquay

Been to Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!