“Great location, great view, lovely clean hotel and rooms!”

Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We arrived at the hotel and was greeted with big smiles. The girls behind the reception desk were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay.
Our room was lovely, very spacious with a big bed and bathroom. The view over Fistral beach was beautiful and the large balcony looking over the beach just topped it off, we often sat out and enjoyed the view.
The spa facilities are great just what I would expect, nice pool, steam and sauna.
Breakfast every morning was fabulous a great choice off the menu and freshly cooked to your order. Full English and pancakes were great.
Over all a great place to stay at Newquay, can't wait to return. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
LauraCameron, Group Operations Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for your lovely review and we couldn't agree more about the balconies! They are the perfect spot to sit and enjoy Fistral!!

Hope to welcome you back again soon!

Laura and all the team at Fistral Beach Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,124)

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights. The room was very spacious and clean. The hotel is in a great location with amazing views. The staff were very good and friendly. The spa and gym are of an excellent standard. The only bad thing was the disappointing view from our room, and the lack of local tourist information availible to us on the reception. We would stay here again and would recommended a stay here.

Room Tip: Opt for a room with a sea view if you can, we didnt and our view on an inward facing room was not ve...
1  Thank Abbi K

Dear abbik,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we apologise that you were disappointed with the view but completely agree that the seaview rooms are worth it!

Hope to welcome you back again in the future,

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My wife and I spent two nights in the hotel, Thursday & Friday May 15th & 16th.
We had a room with an Ocean view and Balcony. Probably the best hotel we've ever stayed in.
All the staff were very friendly and went to every effort to ensure our stay was perfect. The staff knowing it was an anniversary, made up our room with flowers on the bed, chocolates and a personally written card. The spa facilities and treatments were absolutely superb as was the food.
I am picky as a person and work as a Senior Quality Engineer.
In terms of quality the facilities, service, staff, accommodation, food, location and views could not be faulted. We will be returning to this hotel.
Definitely five stars for us. Thank you to all the staff
Dave & Tracy Ball

Room Tip: 3rd floor, sea view with balcony. Breath taking.

Dear Dave and Tracy,

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary and I am delighted that we were able to make it special at Fistral Beach,

Wishing you many years of happiness and hope that we can be part of many more celebrations,

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights following our wedding on a 'mini-moon' of sorts.

The hotel was very welcoming even leaving a nice surprise for us in our room. Followed shortly by a call from reception to get our reaction.

The room itself was very clean with a beautiful sea view, enormous bed and bathroom with free standing bath and large shower.

We visited the spa for treatments and it was excellent, the staff were very professional and the atmosphere very relaxing.

We also ate in the restaurant both nights, the food was excellent with very good choice on the menu and plenty to keep us wanting to come back for more. Restaurant staff were both professional and attentive & food service was fast even with a full restaurant.

The hotel made our short break after the wedding very special and we will be returning to the restaurant before long I'm sure.

Thanks to all the staff for a wonderful stay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Peter,

I am delighted that we were able to be part of your celebrations and I hope that Fistral Beach will always hold good memories for you,

Hope to see you again for many more celebrations,

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I (26 years old) treated my mum (50 years old) to an overnight sea view room with balcony, she is Celiac and before boking I asked if they can cater to her needs and they can indeed! Upon arrival I had scones and tea my mum was given gluten free cakes and tea. We were approached by a waitress whom asked if we were staying overnight and if it was our first night, she then went on to tell us a few helpful things. The website states check in isn't until 3pm however we were lucky to get in our rooms at 1:45pm put our things in the room and get in our robes ready for our Fistral Beach Sunday Spa Special 55minutes. What I loved about the treatments was that we had a relaxing room we could go in before and after the treatments. We loved this, it felt like you were getting the real spa treatment experience, and what put the cherry on the cake was getting a joining room so I could be next to my mum. We were given great service here. We then had our 3 course dinner booked, which again they had great gluten free options for my mum and special bread for made for her, we weren't drinking alcohol so water was constantly being re filled. All the meals were delicious, piping hot and the desserts were mouth watering. Service again was great, the man was very attentive. Our room was so peaceful and we could hear the waves as we slept, we had the window slightly open, we were given lovely bathroom amenities which meant we could have a relaxing bath. We never once turned the television on or used wifi so I can not comment on that. Breakfast had a great varieties of continental, full breakfast and pancakes, again my mum's gluten free needs were met they put her a list were I also saw others like diabetes, so it's safe to say this hotel can really cater to a lot of needs. I used the gym and pool area, which were both clean, safe, perfect temperatures, and calming atmosphere. I will warm you though, bring your towel into the sauna with you, it is very hot indeed!! I loved the facilities, as a gym lover this made the stay perfect for me! My mum only used the pool and Jacuzzi, which she loved and found relaxing.
We booked one more treatment separately, my mum had a facial which she absolutely loved ad I could tell a difference when I saw her come back into the relaxing room, I had the hot stones massage, which I've heard is so relaxing!! UNFORTUNATLEY the stones were not piping hot but just warm and I felt like I was not getting the deep massage that you are supposed to get with this type of massage. At the end she apologised saying the machine was playing up, however after paying (I think £55) I was not impressed and tried to get her to say either, we will refund your money, or I will give you a complimentary hot stone massage. She could do neither and her attitude was kind of "I couldn't care, my next client is waiting, get out"
That was the ONLY negative I have to say about this stay.
I am already in talks with returning again this year but with my boyfriend, however I am put off as to what treatment to get so I can get my moneys worth and really enjoy it.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms very spacious, bathroom is just as big as the bedroom, wide bath tub, amazing view of...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GymJunkies
LauraCameron, Group Operations Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it is very much appreciated. We are so pleased that we were able to cater to your mums requirements whilst she was here and that you were able to enjoy the simple pleasure of hearing the waves breaking!
We will be looking into the issue with the stones as it is not something we have been aware of and will of course rectify this immediately, please get in touch with us and we will be able to arrange something for you,

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Had a wonderful night here. Room was very clean and neat. Bathroom was big and had a bath and shower. Good hot water! Bed was very comfortable. Food was great and there's a massive array for breakfast, you could manage not to eat for the rest of the day! We didn't use the spa, but pool and jacuzzi were good. Robes, towles and slippers were provided. Fab night.

1  Thank Tina A
Marketingnqyhotels, Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Tina A

Thank you for your review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we can welcome you back again soon for a longer visit and tempt you to use our spa facilities too!

Kind Regards

Sophie Kelly (Social Media Manager) and the team at The Fistral Beach Hotel

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We spent three nights here last week and it was one of the best experiences we've had in a hotel.

We upgraded to a sea view room and we're glad we did as it was the sunniest weekend in May. We had stunning views across the beach, not only from the balcony, but bed, bath and loo! It was lovely to fall asleep to the sound of the sea as well. The room was beautifully clean, spacious and comfortable.

When we arrived we both had treatments in the spa, a lovely experience and a great start to our holiday.

We were booked for dinner, bed and breakfast for our three nights and were so pleased we'd made that decision, the quality and originality of the food was excellent! Our compliments go to the chef for creative dishes of beautifully cooked and presented meals. We both ate fish every night and loved the specials which changed every day. We'd highly recommend the signature pud: layers of creaminess, strawberries and pastry - yum. We both had it on two nights!

Breakfast was equally as good, with full cooked to order menu, plus a really good continental selection.

The service from the whole restaurant and bar team was second to none, attentive and friendly. Marcos was our waiter most days and he was brill.

As a fussy traveller I can't recommend this hotel enough, we has a fab experience throughout our break and even though we live 4 hours away, are already planning our next visit.

Thank you to all at Fistral Beach!

Room Tip: I'm sure all rooms are great, but would definitely recommend an upgrade to a sea view or balcony...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Marketingnqyhotels, Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Nuttyslack_10

Thank you for your review! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I shall pass your compliments on to the restaurant and kitchen staff and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Kind Regards