“Poor customer service”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Poor customer service”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed 1 weekend in this hotel. Built over-looking Fistral beach- really nice view from the room but this was the only positive. Food was poor especially breakfast- don't order the pancakes! There were dried fruits and cereal which looked as if they had been left out all week. In addition, the staff were unhelpful, and were uninterested in responding to any queries. Spent a lot of money on the room to stay here and unfortunately the quality of the hotel did not reflect the cost. I would agree with the previous review, it felt as if staff were constantly asking you to produce your credit card to pay for things before hand. Would think twice about booking this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank 505Hol
LauraCameron, Group Operations Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear 505Hol,

Myself and the team were very disappointed to read your review and it is regrettable that you agree with a previous reviewer as it seems that we did not provide our normal standards to you both, this is a very unusual occurrence and not one that we take lightly and I can assure you both that action is being taken to resolve any issues that may occur.

I was saddened to read your comments regarding the staff as we are very proud of our team here at Fistral Beach and the positive feedback they receive

We were disappointed that your issues were not brought to the attention of the team as we would have course addressed these for you whilst you were with us, I apologise that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that I have not been able to speak with you personally

I would very much like to discuss this with you further,

Laura Cameron
Group Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (618)
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Having just arrived home from a 2 night stay, for the first time ever I have decided to write a review. The spa treatments we received were first class. We stayed in the Ocean view room with balcony. The towels were marked, the bedding was creased and old looking. Bed was hard, pillows flat. Throughout our stay cigarette smoke was strongly smelt in our room and it appeared to be drifting in through the internal air vent in bathroom. Lunch taken in the bar was very slow to be served and not worth the wait. We tried the hotel restaurant for Dinner but it was disappointing. Maybe this hotel has had problems with guests not paying for food or drinks in the past but we felt extremely uncomfortable with the manner in which payment was almost desired before you actually had time to eat or drink. The hotel exterior looks unkept and uninteresting for such an enviable position on the beautiful beach. A very expensive two day stay in a hotel which at best should be rated 2 star.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank susan h
Dear Susan,

Myself and the team were very disappointed to read your review and as I'm sure you can see from our long list of reviews this is not to the normal high standards or the normal experience of our guests at Fistral Beach Hotel,

I would very much like to discuss this with you further,

Laura Cameron
Group Operations Manager
Sheffield
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel and was greeted with big smiles. The girls behind the reception desk were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay.
Our room was lovely, very spacious with a big bed and bathroom. The view over Fistral beach was beautiful and the large balcony looking over the beach just topped it off, we often sat out and enjoyed the view.
The spa facilities are great just what I would expect, nice pool, steam and sauna.
Breakfast every morning was fabulous a great choice off the menu and freshly cooked to your order. Full English and pancakes were great.
Over all a great place to stay at Newquay, can't wait to return. Would highly recommend.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
LauraCameron, Group Operations Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for your lovely review and we couldn't agree more about the balconies! They are the perfect spot to sit and enjoy Fistral!!

Hope to welcome you back again soon!

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights. The room was very spacious and clean. The hotel is in a great location with amazing views. The staff were very good and friendly. The spa and gym are of an excellent standard. The only bad thing was the disappointing view from our room, and the lack of local tourist information availible to us on the reception. We would stay here again and would recommended a stay here.

Room Tip: Opt for a room with a sea view if you can, we didnt and our view on an inward facing room was not ve...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Abbi K
Dear abbik,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we apologise that you were disappointed with the view but completely agree that the seaview rooms are worth it!

Hope to welcome you back again in the future,

Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My wife and I spent two nights in the hotel, Thursday & Friday May 15th & 16th.
We had a room with an Ocean view and Balcony. Probably the best hotel we've ever stayed in.
All the staff were very friendly and went to every effort to ensure our stay was perfect. The staff knowing it was an anniversary, made up our room with flowers on the bed, chocolates and a personally written card. The spa facilities and treatments were absolutely superb as was the food.
I am picky as a person and work as a Senior Quality Engineer.
In terms of quality the facilities, service, staff, accommodation, food, location and views could not be faulted. We will be returning to this hotel.
Definitely five stars for us. Thank you to all the staff
Dave & Tracy Ball

Room Tip: 3rd floor, sea view with balcony. Breath taking.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Dave and Tracy,

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary and I am delighted that we were able to make it special at Fistral Beach,

Wishing you many years of happiness and hope that we can be part of many more celebrations,

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights following our wedding on a 'mini-moon' of sorts.

The hotel was very welcoming even leaving a nice surprise for us in our room. Followed shortly by a call from reception to get our reaction.

The room itself was very clean with a beautiful sea view, enormous bed and bathroom with free standing bath and large shower.

We visited the spa for treatments and it was excellent, the staff were very professional and the atmosphere very relaxing.

We also ate in the restaurant both nights, the food was excellent with very good choice on the menu and plenty to keep us wanting to come back for more. Restaurant staff were both professional and attentive & food service was fast even with a full restaurant.

The hotel made our short break after the wedding very special and we will be returning to the restaurant before long I'm sure.

Thanks to all the staff for a wonderful stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Peter,

I am delighted that we were able to be part of your celebrations and I hope that Fistral Beach will always hold good memories for you,

Hope to see you again for many more celebrations,

Plymouth
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I (26 years old) treated my mum (50 years old) to an overnight sea view room with balcony, she is Celiac and before boking I asked if they can cater to her needs and they can indeed! Upon arrival I had scones and tea my mum was given gluten free cakes and tea. We were approached by a waitress whom asked if we were staying overnight and if it was our first night, she then went on to tell us a few helpful things. The website states check in isn't until 3pm however we were lucky to get in our rooms at 1:45pm put our things in the room and get in our robes ready for our Fistral Beach Sunday Spa Special 55minutes. What I loved about the treatments was that we had a relaxing room we could go in before and after the treatments. We loved this, it felt like you were getting the real spa treatment experience, and what put the cherry on the cake was getting a joining room so I could be next to my mum. We were given great service here. We then had our 3 course dinner booked, which again they had great gluten free options for my mum and special bread for made for her, we weren't drinking alcohol so water was constantly being re filled. All the meals were delicious, piping hot and the desserts were mouth watering. Service again was great, the man was very attentive. Our room was so peaceful and we could hear the waves as we slept, we had the window slightly open, we were given lovely bathroom amenities which meant we could have a relaxing bath. We never once turned the television on or used wifi so I can not comment on that. Breakfast had a great varieties of continental, full breakfast and pancakes, again my mum's gluten free needs were met they put her a list were I also saw others like diabetes, so it's safe to say this hotel can really cater to a lot of needs. I used the gym and pool area, which were both clean, safe, perfect temperatures, and calming atmosphere. I will warm you though, bring your towel into the sauna with you, it is very hot indeed!! I loved the facilities, as a gym lover this made the stay perfect for me! My mum only used the pool and Jacuzzi, which she loved and found relaxing.
We booked one more treatment separately, my mum had a facial which she absolutely loved ad I could tell a difference when I saw her come back into the relaxing room, I had the hot stones massage, which I've heard is so relaxing!! UNFORTUNATLEY the stones were not piping hot but just warm and I felt like I was not getting the deep massage that you are supposed to get with this type of massage. At the end she apologised saying the machine was playing up, however after paying (I think £55) I was not impressed and tried to get her to say either, we will refund your money, or I will give you a complimentary hot stone massage. She could do neither and her attitude was kind of "I couldn't care, my next client is waiting, get out"
That was the ONLY negative I have to say about this stay.
I am already in talks with returning again this year but with my boyfriend, however I am put off as to what treatment to get so I can get my moneys worth and really enjoy it.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms very spacious, bathroom is just as big as the bedroom, wide bath tub, amazing view of...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GymJunkies
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it is very much appreciated. We are so pleased that we were able to cater to your mums requirements whilst she was here and that you were able to enjoy the simple pleasure of hearing the waves breaking!
We will be looking into the issue with the stones as it is not something we have been aware of and will of course rectify this immediately, please get in touch with us and we will be able to arrange something for you,

Laura and all the team at Fistral Beach Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newquay
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
The Carlyon Bay
The Carlyon Bay
#1 of 9 in St Austell
Legacy Hotel Victoria - Newquay

Been to Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!