2,366 results
All reviews fistral beach sea view dune restaurant bay bar relaxation room economy room welcome drink rose petals full body massage robes and slippers free standing bath sauna and steam room lovely hotel birthday treat balcony room standard room amazing views
Reviewed 15 July 2014

what an amazing place. right from the beginning of parking your car the staff are friendly helpful and happy. beautiful views. the beds are so comfortable, i only found the rooms too hot for me even with the windows open but thats not a big problem. i sat outside on there patio admiring the views with a cream tea. I used the facillities such as the pool, steam room, sauna and jacuzzi . i also had a full dody massage and indian head for £70 well worth it.tea and coffee provided in the room and a hair dryer. had breakfast one morning lots to choose from and the evening meal was nice as well ( steak was popular) all the staff were friendly. Couldnt fault a thing about this place, would love to go again and take my friends and daughter. its a must for everyone such a chilling relaxing place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LukeBall, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Karen H

Thank for the great review!

I am so pleased that you enjoyed all we have to offer here at Fistral Beach Hotel. It sounds like you will be returning, I certainly hope so.

Look forward to seeing you again soon,

Luke and the team at Fistral Beach Hotel

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel has some amazing features not just the lovely view. The hotel is situated just far enough away from the town for a bit of needed peace and quiet with just the sound of crashing waves. I went with a girl friend for a spa weekend. We received a warm welcome on arrival and had a really good three course meal, I'm quite fussy about where I eat preferring less food on a plate but of a high quality which I feel I got. Sadly our first night was disturbed by noisy neighbours!! This was handled professionally and quickly by staff once I spoke to them about it in the morning. We were upgraded to a best room which was amazing, plus some free champagne with dinner!! All staff at the hotel were professional, efficient and friendly. I'm really looking forward to visiting again with my husband, we will book straight into a best room because having that view when you wake up is worth paying for! The hotel and spa was very clean and a really relaxed environment, people happy to sit around in robes etc, and why not?!? Really worth a visit. I can't wait to return....

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Juliereade

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel, it was a pleasure having you. I am sorry about your noisy neighbour, but glad you were pleased with the way this was dealt with.

It will be great to have you back again and I look forward to welcoming you.

Kind regards

Luke & the team at Fistral Beach Hotel

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at fistral beach for four days. We enjoyed our stay. The hotel is amazing as well as all the staff, they would always go the extra mile esp the afternoon/ evening staff. The food was to die for and catering staff were very welcoming. The spa was excellent and treatments were great. Our only criticism is that a customer was sick all the way along our corridor and nearby our room and the cleaning staff did not clean this properly, the smell lingered for days and we had to complain several times before getting to speak to the manager and moving rooms and getting some money back for the inconvenience. This was eventually dealt with well and we got an amazing room with a sea view. The price of the stay is quite pricey however it is worth it for the luxury you experience. Other than that we could not fault the place. Planning another visit very soon. Thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed: July 2014
LukeBall, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Hello

Thank you for your kind review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope that you will be able to return soon and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards

Luke and the team at Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I booked a last minute trip on Friday and was pleased to be able to get one of the few rooms available at the hotel. We arrived early and the hotel staff were happy for us to park in the car park until our room was ready to check in, this meant we were able to go to the beach and get the most from our 1st day without waiting around. There was ample parking available throughout our stay.

When we were able to check in we were greeted by the lovely reception staff and offered a glass of orange juice which was very well received after a long walk from the beach. We checked in without any problems and a lovely gentleman helped my partner up the stairs to our room with our cases (lift available also).

We had one of the hotel's economy rooms, it was small yes, however, it was clean and tidy and pleasant enough for a nights stay (if staying longer I would probably be tempted to upgrade as it did get a bit crowded with our cases) but it's what we expected for the price we paid. The only downside was that the room was EXTREMELY hot (reason for average sleep review) I have no doubt that if we would have asked for a fan the reception would have happily provided but late at night after getting into bed it was a bit inconvenient , it would be nice to have one in the room as standard. The seagulls kept us awake most of the night but hey, we were by the sea and it wasn't the hotels fault, it was mainly as we had to sleep with windows open as the room was so hot.

The bathroom was nice enough, we did have to ring for a bath mat after my partner slipped having a shower, they were superb and brought it up straight away but again, would assume that something like that would be standard in the room without the inconvenience of having to arrange it, but like I said, the staff were great and brought it up straight away. The room had tea/coffee facilities and water provided.

We ate brunch the first day at the bay bar in the hotel, the food was lovely and the service was good too. The view from the hotel is amazing, we enjoyed the view from the bay bar, the restaurant and we sat outside on the balcony which has tables and chairs (really comfortable with lovely cushions) for you to enjoy drinks and food if you wish.

In the evening myself and partner went to the bay bar for some drinks, the bar staff were brilliant, recommending cocktails and providing olives and nuts for the table. We had a lovely relaxing evening having a few drinks, no complaints at all. The two gentleman on the bar (12th July) who I meant to obtain the names of were really lovely and made our night relaxed and comfortable.

In the morning we had breakfast, this wasn't included in our economy room rate but we stayed for the breakfast and made an additional payment. It was £24.00 for the two of us which seems expensive but we had unlimited buffet style continental, cereals, juices, toast and a full cooked English breakfast too so we didn't mind so much. We were again happy with the service and quality of the food here.

The staff were friendly throughout our stay, the service was great. We paid an additional £20.00 to have a late check out (2pm) on our day of departure and were very pleased that the hotel provided us a lovely Sunday lunch included with this. We had beef and Yorkshire pudding and it was superb again lovely service, extra gravy provided when we requested it and very helpful staff.

Before we left we sat outside in the sunshine with a Cornish tea, for £4.50 we had two scones, jam, clotted cream and a pot of tea and it was superb and the staff had no problem bringing this out to us.

I did read a few reviews prior to our arrival and a few mentions of card pre-authorisation and feeling pressured in this area. I have to say this didn't happen in our case, the staff were very courteous and asked us how we wished to pay and it was very relaxed and very much our choice, we paid cash most of the time and prepaid our room on my card. We were provided with a printed bill so the charges and payment method were clear.

The hotel is very well situated, only seconds from the beach, we drove to Padstow which was 20 minutes away and Newquay town centre which is around 10-15 minute walk or a short drive if in the car out and about. Parking prices in both Padstow and Newquay town were available and reasonable (around £2.50 for 3 hours).

Overall we had a lovely time, hotel clean, staff attentive. Would definitely come back again but would ask for bath mat and room fan on check in and maybe stay in different room as economy was a bit small for us and the room was quite hot.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Welsh1985

Dear Welsh1985

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and we are grateful for such a glowing review.

You will be pleased to hear that we have now put bath mats in every bedroom so no more having to ring up and ask, and we do have fans available should they be requested.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back!

Luke and the team at Fistral Beach Hotel

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We were promptly seen to at reception and had such a warm welcome and were delighted to be told we had been upgraded to one of their best rooms. Once we entered our room the view across fistral beach was exceptional and the room was without doubt one of their best. The food in the hotel was excellent and very well priced as was the location. Only down side was the curtains were not tight enough to the walls to keep the room dark and there were not any spoons to make morning cups of tea or coffee. Can't complain at all though and we had an exceptional stay and the views across the beach from the room, bar and restaurant were exceptional. Will definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2014
LukeBall, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Grabers13

Thanks for taking the time to write such a kind review. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. Sorry that we forgot to give you any tea spoons, we normally pride ourselves on great attention to detail.

It is great that you will definitely be back, we all look forward to seeing you again.

Luke and the team at Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa