“Room with a view”

Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We arrived in Newquay just before sunset. Hungry we dined before finding somewhere to stay. Extremely hard to find anywhere we liked in Newquay itself. Through our TA app we found Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa. Using google maps we found our way to Fistral Beach....what did we do in the old days before internet?
Past 10pm when we arrived we'd booked a basic room by mobile but the lovely staff happily upgraded us on request to a seaview room. The room and bathroom were both spotlessly clean. On waking we loved the view of the beach and the wonderful old Headland Hotel. My husband loves to swim so I booked a nail treatment to coincide with his time in the pool. We both lucked out. My manicurist I think had little experience and took over an hour to remove just the polish badly. My husband wasn't that keen to swim in the pool, too warm and too small. However we enjoyed a short walk to Fistral Beach which was deserted at 11am. I sunbathed whilst he swam. Returning to the hotel we checked out and enjoyed a very good coffee on the terrace. Pleasant staff and a comfortable well appointed room made for a lovely overnight stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
LukeBall, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Clarebelleuk

Thank you for your kind review. It was great to read that enjoyed your stay so much. I am sorry however that you were not 100% satisfied with your manicure.

I do hope that you will return to us and look forward to welcoming you back.

Luke

Write a ReviewReviews (2,124)

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

What can I say, I had been here few times as it was recommended and it's the best hotel I've ever stayed in!!!! The staff are amazing and would go anything for you, nothing is too much trouble! Big should out to Katie, head waiter mat and waitress Ashleigh but all the staff are amazing. I will come back her again very soon. The hotel is immaculate and rooms beautiful. It's literally 5 minute walk from the beach and the view forms hotel are breath taking. If you pick to stay here you will enjoy every second and not regret a penny u have spent. I cannot recommend this place enough, it is the best hotel I've ever stayed in. The breakfast was just scrumptious and plenty of it and if you fine in at night you won't be disappointed!!!!!!!! Please come and see for yourself, there is nothing bad I can say about this hotel, best in Cornwall maybe best in the UK!!!'

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Estelle W

Thanks for such an incredible review - I have to say that I agree with every word, but of course I am biased. I will be sure to pass the praise on to Katie, Matt and Ashleigh in particular.

Thanks so much for the review once again, and I do look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Staff here are helpful and kind, I got upgraded to a seafront room which was amazing. The pool and spa is great, I didn't have any treatments but the everything was clean and tidy. The changing rooms where clean and the showers had complimentary products to use. The restaurant serves good food and the breakfast is also very good. They have a gym although it is quite small. I would recommend this for a romantic break!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HannahVC

Dear HannahVC

Thanks for the kind review. It's nice to read that overall you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. I think that you're right - Fistral Beach Hotel would be perfect for a romantic break.

I hope that you will be back soon,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Another great Spa Weekend! All the staff are very friendly in particular the girl in the bar serving lunch and Katie on reception is always helpful and friendly. Relaxation room and whole of the spa is fantastic. Service was a bit slow in the dining room at dinner due to a wedding so they brought around a glass of bubbly for everyone for the inconvenience, a nice touch. The views are second to none!!! Can't wait to go again!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear KayWillis

So pleased that you had another lovely spa weekend, thank you for the great review. We are really lucky to have lovely staff like Katie working for us, I will make sure that she sees your review.

Sorry about the delays in the restaurant that night, I am pleased to hear that Matthew, our Restaurant Manager was able to make it up to you.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Have lived close to the Fistral Beach Hotel for many years but recently started using the venue to meet friends for coffees & other drinks. Very clean, relaxing & the staff are real friendly & helpful. Great views of the beach & one of the best places to visit & chill in Cornwall.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Andrew W

Dear Andrew

Thanks for the great review, I'm glad that you enjoy the hotel. It sounds like we will be seeing more of you!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed for 3 nights on Bed & Breakfast basis. Excellent pool with steam, sauna, jacuzzi, gym, relation room, towels and all top quality. Restaurant and lounge have lovely views over sea. Very helpful and polite staff.

Room Tip: Ask For Sea view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank simonperkin

Dear Simon

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Luke & the team at Fistral Beach Hotel

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had a six day break at this hotel, room was first class overlooking the Fistral Beach. The staff were all excellent and very welcoming, a credit to the hotel in having a mix of nationalities waiting on in the dining room all were very friendly eager to please. We found the food very good, but could do with a change of menu at least once a week. Nice to be out of the hustle and bustle of Newquay Town. Did not use the Spa facilities but they looked good. Will certainly stay there again.
Mick Pat Mark & Sue

Room Tip: Sea view room outsanding
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mick, Pat, Mark & Sue

Thanks for taking the time to write such a kind review. I totally agree that we do have a wonderful location but it is the staff that make all the difference - I'm pleased that you found everybody eager to please!

Thanks for the comments regarding the menu, we now have some daily specials which do change everyday to compliment our a la carte menu.

I hope you will return and look forward to welcoming you back.

Luke & the team at Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa