“AMAZING”

Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My wife and i have just returned from 5 nights in The Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa.
This is the first time we have taken a holiday in the UK, we have been to numerous countries and stayed in lots of major cities, as you can imagine we were not sure if a "Staycation" was for us or not.
We spent quite some time choosing what we hoped would be the perfect destination. I personally sent numerous emails to the hotel to make sure things were what we wanted. It was our wedding Anniversary and i wanted to make sure it was just right.
From the second we arrived everything was absolutely perfect, we were greeted in reception with Bucks Fizz on arrival, nice touch, check-in was very smooth. We went up to the room to find a bottle of bubbly waiting for us along with chocolates and rose petals on the bed in the shape of two love hearts.
We had the Best Room which has a large balcony overlooking Fistral Beach. The view from the balcony was amazing. We sat there drinking our bubbly and taking in the views of the bay and beach, ime not sure how the staff pulled it off but there was actually dolphins out in the bay.
I have to say we have the best few days you could imagine, there is so much to do in the area, some great places to visit and the hotel is just the best place to unwind at the end of the day.
We have already booked to return next year.
Look out for Charlie, she is there to basically make sure you get everything you want, she seems to be there 24/7 to make sure your stay is perfect.
A special thanks to Katie who made sure everything was perfect from start to finish.
Carlsberg dont do hotels but if they did...........

Room Tip: Although cost a good bit more than the standard room, the "Best Room" is well worth the ex...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
LukeBall, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear Gary

Thanks very much for the AMAZING review. I am very proud of all the staff here but will make sure that Charlie and Katie in particular read your review.

Although we can't really take credit for the dolphins we have been lucky enough to spot them a few times this season and hope they will keep returning.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Luke and the team at Fistral Beach Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,087)

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

What can I say about this place that other people don't say. The staff where all friendly and very attentive to the needs of everyone. The food was beautiful. The room I had wasn't beach facing. But that didnt deter me. A quick walk on the beach at the start of the day was worthy. Didn't use the spa. Definitely want to go back.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Stutours

Thanks very much for the kind review. I am always pleased to read about how friendly and attentive the staff were and I was particularly pleased to read about the quality of the food as this is one area we have been working very hard on improving.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Last minuet booking, and they upgraded us to a sea view anyway, (which was such a good view - ask for one!)

The staff were polite and helpful, and had a professional attitude the whole time we saw them.

The spa was very good! With sauna, steam room and jacuzzi all in the large pool room, it's highly recommended!

Genuinely 5* stay in my book!

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Liam

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you will be able to return soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed here during the last 6 months and have only just got round to reviewing.

An excellent property, comfortable and quiet with the sound of the ocean the only pleasant sound you hear from your room at night.

Breakfast was delicious; cucumber flavoured water a nice European touch the first time i've seen this in a UK hotel. (seriously, try it!)

The cost was very reasonable for the night however i stayed in the depths of winter and can imagine during the summer the rates maybe higher.

Overall highly recommended.

Room Tip: Beach facing a must!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jon c

Dear Chris B

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much and hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed with my wife on a 3 night Signature Spa Break in July. What a place! Everything was so perfect and we will definitely recommend to friends and will all be returning next year. Our sea view room and wonderful bathroom with large freestanding bath and separate full drench shower was amazing. The Spa treatments, spa facilities and staff are the best we have visited including those in top London and European 5 star hotels we have frequented in the past. Lots of activities to do including surfing, golf and great walks. Restaurant and food excellent, staff very attentive, friendly and welcoming. Clare in the bar and Matthew in the restaurant deserve a special mention. Thank you Fistral Beach for giving us such a good time.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for sea front room with balcony and parking
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear RazorParker

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you will be returning next year. The success of the hotel, of course, is largely down to the great team and I will make sure that Claire and Matthew in particular read your review.

Thanks once again, I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed here with work colleagues, a large group which can always cause a headache for any hotel, but the team here were superb! Putting up with our requests but always attending to our needs. Charlie, the FOH Manager was awesome, as were here team, and everyone we met went out of their way to ensure our stay was a positive one. The rooms were fresh and inviting, and the extra touches in the rooms were just what you need for a treat night away. The meeting room facilities were good, and we ended up having lunch & dinner there - again, the food experience was all positive, as was the service. Even though they close at 9pm, they patiently waited for us and the service was never rushed, and the food was cooked & presented to perfection. Some of us had a spa treatment during the stay, and again the attention to detail from in the Spa and from the team was second to none. In summary, an amazing nights stay, and even though i'm local, i would definitely stay again, even if just for a nights treat away. Thank you to all the team!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
LukeBall, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Michael

Thank you for the great review. Hopefully we will be seeing a lot more of you and your colleagues. Charlie, our guest host, has been doing a great job of looking after all those little touches that add up make your stay fabulous, I will be sure to pass to your praise on to her.

I look forward to having you back for a nights stay but don't forget you can pop in for lunch, dinner or a spa treat at any time!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My partner booked us a break here. Great location and staff. Room with view fab however shower let this down as hose too short so had to kneel in bath to wash hair. Food was good however the choice was posh grub in both bar and restaurant with a limited choice in my view, but was very well prepared.
The view from the restaurant to the bay would have been priceless however it was blocked by the high vehicles parked directly outside of it, with a little thought and commitment this could easily be solved.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear James W

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the view from your room and that the staff were great.

I will find out which room you were in and get that shower hose fixed straight away - that is an embarrassing oversight on our part for which I apologise.

I do hope you will consider using the hotel again and I look forward to welcoming you back.