“Pure Luxury.”

Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 August 2014

From the impeccable service - (allowing us to check in our room 3 hours early) too help with our bags this hotel really did pull out all the stops! The service was outstanding really making me and my friends stay thoroughly enjoyable. The only downfall was we had booked an all inclusive package, this did come with alot of hidden extras such as drinks, upgrade for a spa treatment. It would've been nice to literally have to pay for nothing upon arrival knowing it was all included yet I found myself paying money here and there in the hotel. However, that aside I cannot express how amazing this hotel is. The outstanding service and the fact the staff are prepared to go above and beyond is amazing and really makes your stay thoroughly enjoyable.

Room Tip: The standard room with no sea view are just as nice as all the other rooms (had a sneak peek when th...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
LukeBall, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Alexmillery

Thanks for the fabulous review I am very pleased that you enjoyed the hotel so much. Although we do offer lots of different packages we do not currently offer an all inclusive package that includes drinks, we do however offer spa packages that include a number of treatments, dinner bed and breakfast so feel free to ask about these in the future.

Thanks for praising the staff - your review will be shared with the team.

I do hope you will return soon, and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Luke and the team at Fistral Beach Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,128)

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We came here as our mini honeymoon a few days after getting married. We love Newquay and picked the hotel based on the reviews. We were not disappointed. We arrived in our room and we struck by the breathtaking views over Fistral Beach. The room was the best we've stayed in and the staff (Charlie in particular) did everything to make our stay relaxed and comfortable. Little touches such as champagne and chocolates left in our room were very much appreciated. The food in the restaurant was out of this world. The breakfast was excellent and eating overlooking the beach is a massive bonus.

We will definitely stay here on our next trip to Newquay.

Room Tip: We had the 'Best Room' which was fantastic with the balcony overlooking the sea.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Benwarr37

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your room and the staff so much. Charlie has been doing such a great job as guest host, I will make sure that your praise is passed on to her.

Hopefully you will be back soon, if not before there's always your 1st anniversary celebrations.

Thanks once again and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Luke and all the team at Fistral Beach Hotel

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

So mine and my partners day started with lunch, food was fantastic, especially the fishcakes!! quick service and not bad pricing!! the restaurant layout is absolutely gorgeous!!!
We then went and enjoyed a couple hours in the spa, once again the layout was amazing. Don't have to pay for a locker, used a code instead which I thought was a brilliant idea, hair dryer is free and shower has shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion! Absolutely amazing!!
Then for our full body massage with hot stones. The relaxation room is absolute perfection! The massage therapists were superb, we had the couples room which was great! we had the choice of either a relaxed or an uplifting massage which were completely spot on. My massage therapist was Megan and I thought she was brilliant! couldn't have asked for a better massage.
Then for the cocktail class!!! Oh wow!!! Alban was superb and very friendly!! He knew his stuff about cocktails and is very passionate about what he does which was lovely to see and he is a great person to learn from.
Management even bought my partner a birthday card as it is his 21st which I thought was very thoughtful of them and don't know many company's that would do this.
From start to finish, one person in particular really stood out for myself and my partner and that was Kathleen, she is super friendly towards guests, residents and staff. She is a brilliant worker and has no problem is going out of her way to make sure your day is pleasant. She is a real assett to fistral team and has really made us feel welcome, with it being our first time here.
We are ready to book again!!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear CharlieWW

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

I am so pleased that you had a great day and it is fantastic to see so many individual staff highlighted. I will be sure to pass the praise on to Megan, Kathleen and Alban, I agree that they are all great at what they do and we are very lucky to have them (as well as all the other great staff).

Hopefully we will see you again soon,

Reviewed 14 August 2014

My wife and i have just returned from 5 nights in The Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa.
This is the first time we have taken a holiday in the UK, we have been to numerous countries and stayed in lots of major cities, as you can imagine we were not sure if a "Staycation" was for us or not.
We spent quite some time choosing what we hoped would be the perfect destination. I personally sent numerous emails to the hotel to make sure things were what we wanted. It was our wedding Anniversary and i wanted to make sure it was just right.
From the second we arrived everything was absolutely perfect, we were greeted in reception with Bucks Fizz on arrival, nice touch, check-in was very smooth. We went up to the room to find a bottle of bubbly waiting for us along with chocolates and rose petals on the bed in the shape of two love hearts.
We had the Best Room which has a large balcony overlooking Fistral Beach. The view from the balcony was amazing. We sat there drinking our bubbly and taking in the views of the bay and beach, ime not sure how the staff pulled it off but there was actually dolphins out in the bay.
I have to say we have the best few days you could imagine, there is so much to do in the area, some great places to visit and the hotel is just the best place to unwind at the end of the day.
We have already booked to return next year.
Look out for Charlie, she is there to basically make sure you get everything you want, she seems to be there 24/7 to make sure your stay is perfect.
A special thanks to Katie who made sure everything was perfect from start to finish.
Carlsberg dont do hotels but if they did...........

Room Tip: Although cost a good bit more than the standard room, the "Best Room" is well worth the ex...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
LukeBall, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear Gary

Thanks very much for the AMAZING review. I am very proud of all the staff here but will make sure that Charlie and Katie in particular read your review.

Although we can't really take credit for the dolphins we have been lucky enough to spot them a few times this season and hope they will keep returning.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

What can I say about this place that other people don't say. The staff where all friendly and very attentive to the needs of everyone. The food was beautiful. The room I had wasn't beach facing. But that didnt deter me. A quick walk on the beach at the start of the day was worthy. Didn't use the spa. Definitely want to go back.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Stutours

Thanks very much for the kind review. I am always pleased to read about how friendly and attentive the staff were and I was particularly pleased to read about the quality of the food as this is one area we have been working very hard on improving.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Last minuet booking, and they upgraded us to a sea view anyway, (which was such a good view - ask for one!)

The staff were polite and helpful, and had a professional attitude the whole time we saw them.

The spa was very good! With sauna, steam room and jacuzzi all in the large pool room, it's highly recommended!

Genuinely 5* stay in my book!

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Liam

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you will be able to return soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed here during the last 6 months and have only just got round to reviewing.

An excellent property, comfortable and quiet with the sound of the ocean the only pleasant sound you hear from your room at night.

Breakfast was delicious; cucumber flavoured water a nice European touch the first time i've seen this in a UK hotel. (seriously, try it!)

The cost was very reasonable for the night however i stayed in the depths of winter and can imagine during the summer the rates maybe higher.

Overall highly recommended.

Room Tip: Beach facing a must!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jon c

Dear Chris B

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much and hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Luke and the team at Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa