“A Gem with outstanding facilities and standard of service”

Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Newquay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
“A Gem with outstanding facilities and standard of service”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

The facilities of this hotel are excellent and the level of service is truly outstanding. I visited there with my wife for our honeymoon. The staff, especially Charlie, did everything they could to make our stay special. The hotel is few metres away from the beach and is an ideal setting for a romantic or retreat holiday.
The rooms are very clean, amenities are excellent, nicely decorated, spacious and above all quiet, thanks to the top notch noise insulation. The seaview rooms have a truly breathtaking outlook on Fistral beach; we had a balcony.
The hotel restaurant is excellent and the food they serve is delicious, gourmet and reasonably priced (we ate there twice and both cases we were impressed). For breakfast there is a lot of choice (lots of fresh fruits and freshly baked pastries/breads) and the breakfast price is very reasonably (comparable to that of any cafe actually).
The hotel spa and fitness facilities are top notch (I was impressed with the hotel gym given its size and up-to-date modern equipments). Treatments at the spa were outstanding and again reasonably priced !
The hotel also have a decent car park with lots of spaces (no additional charge for parking).
Newquay and its bustling streets are close by. However, on a retreat holiday you really do not need to leave the hotel as it contains everything you will need and nothing is overpriced as often with other hotels.
Thank you Fistral beach hotel staff for making our visit memorable; we will be definitely visiting again in the near future.

Room Tip: Seaview rooms are well worth paying a bit extra; views are breathtaking.
1 Thank Bashar A
LukeBall, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear Bashar A

Thanks for the fabulous review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Charlie has indeed been doing a wonderful job taking care of all those special touches that make a stay so much more enjoyable and I will be sure to pass your praise on to her.

I hope that you will be able to return soon and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Luke and the team at Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (600)
Ashburton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Wow! Where do I start?! Fistral beach has always been a favourite place of mine so I decided to treat myself to a night away without my children for the first time in I don't know how long. I usually travel to budget B&B's but wanted a treat. I will so be back to this place! Not only did I get the Rockstar rider treatment (See webpage for more info!) but the place was amazing! Spotlessly clean, polite, helpful staff, awesome location and a beautiful relaxing setting - Oh and don't forget the breakfast with a view to die for. Although I was only there for a night I made full use of the spa facilities and had an amazing time. I will definitely be back soon! A special thanks to Charlie for making it extra special!

Room Tip: Sea views are an added bonus but would still go if there were none available!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Sarahlouc2013
Dear Sarahlouc2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our hotel, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. It has been a real pleasure fulfilling our guests Rockstar Rider's over the summer and certainly provided a break from the norm.

I'm very pleased to read that you will back soon, and I look forward to welcoming you.

Worcester
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We stayed for 2 nights 15-17 Aug in Room 301. The room was excellent, with a balcony view of Fistral Beach from both the bedroom & bathroom (which had a roll top bath). Both rooms were spaceous & comfortable, but the views made them exceptional.
We were greeted by balloons, chocolates & a birthday card for my Husband & fizz was hand delivered by Charlie. I'd not had chance to do a Rockstar Rider request, but we had everything I would have asked for! Charlie gave us some brilliant recommendations on where to eat & drink.
My Husband had a massage, which he said was excellent. The spa area is lovely, with a pool, hot tub, steam & sauna rooms.
Parking was easy (managed to get into the Hotel car park), but there was plenty of on-street parking in front.
The location was at the south end of Fistral Beach, so was a 20 minute walk into town. Taxis were £4-6 each way, so we walked in & taxied back.
I would highly recommend this lovely hotel. The staff were brilliant & worked hard to make us feel very welcome & added to a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Hotel has 3 floors & obviously some rooms don't have a sea view. Room 301 was at the south e...
Dear Kate

Thanks for the lovely review. I am so pleased that you have enjoyed all that we have to offer. Our best rooms are great - if you want an extra special treat next time you could consider our suite complete with full size hot tub overlooking the bay!

Hopefully you will get to return soon, when you do I look forward to welcoming you.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Nice view from.seaview room. But I expected more considering the price. There was no hand wash and only a tiny bar of soap for couples. No big deal. I would suggest people stay more towards town facing west so you can see the sunset. The hotel room we stayed in faces north west so you dont see the sunset. Hotel isn't far from town but about 20mins with uphills to trek to get to town. This hotel is great for surfers though. Very close to the beach.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear ConnieL

Thank your for taking the time to review our hotel, I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay. I agree that the views across the bay are beautiful and although we don't get to witness the sunset we do see the lovely sunrise (if you wake early enough.)

We do enjoy being close enough to the town to walk on a nice day but far enough away from the hustle and bustle at night time.

I hope you will consider us again in the future,

Reviewed 27 August 2014

stayed for one night at the hotel, was lovely - wish we stayed longer. All the staff were polite. The food was great. Was nice waking up to the view of the sea. We had champagne and truffles on arrival which were delicious. We had a hour and 25 minute full body and scalp massage which was amazing. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Lucycraze

Thanks for the great review. I am so pleased that you had a great time. Hopefully you will be able to return to us soon.

Bicester
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed here from 11th - 14th August and did not want to go home. We booked a 'best' room with a balcony and it was worth every penny. The room was immaculate and spacious, the view was amazing, the bath tub even had a view over the beach. Furniture on the balcony very comfortable and spent a lot of time sitting out there looking over Fistral Beach. Staff very friendly especially Martin trainee waiter in the dining room. Breakfast was lovely and plenty of choice. Evening meals in the restaurant a little pricey but very good. We will be coming back as soon as we can!

Room Tip: If you can afford it have a room with a sea view.
Dear Spencer93

Thank you very much for your lovely review. I agree that the best rooms are lovely with amazing views across the bay.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your room. I will make sure that Martin sees your review, I am sure he will be very happy to read it.

Thanks once again, we are all looking forward to your return visit.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My partner and I stayed here for three nights from the 17th - 20th August to celebrate our first anniversary and had the most amazing, romantic stay. The hotel is beautifully situated with breathtaking views and the facilities are faultless. Above all, we both wanted to highlight the fantastic staff who took such great care of us: Emily, the reception manager, was extremely professional, friendly and helpful - providing a first class service, Charlie gave us a very warm welcome and bought us two glasses of champagne which was a lovely and special touch, Matthew in the restaurant provided impeccable customer service and was again incredibly friendly and informative.
The breakfasts were delicious and we ate twice at the restaurant for dinner which was lovely - the food is excellent and perfect service.
I also indulged in a spa treatment and had a very relaxing facial from Hollie. Definitely recommended!
We would highly recommend paying the extra for a sea-view room - it is the best experience to wake up to the sound of the sea crashing on the shore, and made our stay that extra bit special.
This is a wonderful hotel and we will definitely be staying again! Thank you for such a perfect stay.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are definitely worth paying extra for!
Dear Kate and Alex

Wow - what a headline!

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your anniversary break with us. Thank you for pointing out those members of staff that made a difference to your stay, I will make sure that Emilie, Charlie and Matthew in particular get to read your review.

I'm glad that you will be returning and we all look forward to welcoming you.

Kind regards,

Luke and the team at Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newquay
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
#12 of 38 in Newquay
The Carlyon Bay
The Carlyon Bay
#1 of 9 in St Austell

Been to Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!