Hotel Carlton
US$115
US$96
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Sands Resort Hotel & Spa(Newquay)
US$146
US$113
US$110
  • Breakfast included
US$103
  • Restaurant
The Pentire Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$98
Travelodge Newquay Seafront Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$65
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
The Esplanade Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$135
US$253
US$245
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssmall hotelfistral beachwell stocked honesty barnothing is too much troublefull englishhotel is spotlesscooked breakfastperfect stayperfect hostsfeel very welcomespent nightsfresh milkthought of everythingwonderful hotelrelaxing breakeach morningbed and breakfast
Reviewed 4 September 2012

What a lovely place to stay. Stayed overnight on our way to Scilly Isles. Flying out of Newquay following day. From the warm welcome to lovely breakfast in the morning and all points in between perfect!

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Me and my partner have just come back from The Carlton and I felt compelled to share with you all that Mark and Debra the owners of this beautiful place where very welcoming , helpful and made us feel very special.Relax Unwide Engoy it says on the web site and this is exactly what you get .From the plush decor to the so comfy beds, the fantasticly clean rooms I could go on and on and on .We have stopped in some great places and this place is right up there with the best .As a gay couple we where made so welcome and we will be booking again. Thanks for making our break in Newquay Fantastic .

Room Tip: We stopped in room 9
Reviewed 29 August 2012

My partner and I decided to get away from the bad weather over the bank holiday weekend and go to Padstow, have dinner at the Rick Stein Seafood Restaurant, we wanted to book one of their Hotels but everywhere was booked, so we decided to go into Newquay which would be my first time, I have travelled the World twice over but had never been to Cornwall. When we arrived in Newquay it was late so we quickly booked a room, at a hotel on the waterfront which was not nice but the staff were lovely, we decided to have a look around and book something nicer for the next night, so we drop around to a Hotel at the top of the hill very nice but we wanted something a little more personable. We drove past the Carlton and stopped, both my husband and I went to the door where you have to ring the bell, we rang the bell and the owner of the accommodation came out, from the look on her face you could see that she was going to say no matter what we asked. She said she had no accommodation for that night.
Something told us to call as it seamed strange that she had no accommodation even before knowing what dates we were looking for, I called in the car outside of the accommodation to be told by the same lady that she had 2 rooms 1 very small, but she would give me the larger room for the same price.
I am not young just celebrated my 50th birthday, I was not with a group, I was well dressed, driving a top of the range car, very well spoken. I could not imagine why she had turned us away when she had 2 rooms available, then I realised.
I was not born in England, although I have lived here for 40 years, run my own business and employee 30 people. I did not believe this could happen in 2012. Shame on you.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank sheila h
buttercup-poppy, Owner at Hotel Carlton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2012

Unfortunately bank holidays are always a busy period and we always find ourselves fully booked well in advance, As the enquiry was around 9:00am in the morning, at that time the hotel was fully booked, however due to the Horrendous Bank holiday weather our availability did change after breakfast due to a party of 2 rooms deciding to cut short their holiday and go home a day early, So by mid morning we did have rooms available, We rarely have late availability in July and August so early booking is advisable.We have been offering hospitality at The Carlton for 10 years now and in that time we have welcomed guests from all over the world and we will continue to do so.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Very friendly and stylish guest house in nice area of Newquay with easy parking.
Bracing walk along the headland to Fistral bay is on the doorstep.
The hotel is spotless and the owners have obvioulsy put their heart and soul into presenting a first class guest house.
Thank you for a nice short stay - the breakfast was delicious

Reviewed 7 August 2012

On arrival at the Carlton you immediately realise that this establishment is a pleasant'break' from the usual chains. We were warmly welcomed by June (the hotel's owner), and given our pre-booked parking permit (well worth the small daily charge and useable in multiple places).

A brief tour of the the hotel's two lounges (complete with licences bar and heated patio area) followed our check-in. We were showed to our room which was very well dressed and immaculately clean. Our room had a view out over Newquay Golf Club in the direction of Fistral Beach. All the usual touches were present including a really cosey bed, a large flat screen TV, Tea/Coffee facilities as well as a few other such as hair straightener mat, hair drier and toiletries (plus a great shower).

Breakfast was excellent with both continental and full English options, tailored to personal preferences (I don't eat pork and my wife is vegetarian). We certainly didn't go hungry.

The hotel is minutes from Fistral Beach, Newquay Golf Club, and the town centre. The Carlton Hotel provided all the personal touches of a family run business at a very competitave price.

• Stayed: August 2012