“Best B&B in Newquay!!!”

Ranked #2 of 105 Newquay B&B and Inns
EXMOUTH
“Best B&B in Newquay!!!”
Reviewed 1 June 2011

I stayed here with a group of friends for RTTS in May. This is our second stay at St Bernards and yet again it was fantastic. I can not fault anything about this place, the price is an absolute bargain, the rooms are comfortable and clean, the breakfast's are amazing and the best thing about it are the owners Louise and John. They really are the most accommodating b&b owners I have ever come across, nothing is too much for them and they make you feel really at home, and go out of their way to make sure you're happy. We will definitely be back next year. If you to Newquay stay here, you wont be dissapointed!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank DivingBarbie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Devon
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I've just returned from a weekend in Newquay with friends, and I have to say that St. Bernards is the best B&B I've ever stayed in! Louise & John made us all feel so welcome and at home immediately. They even drove us to the chinese to pick up food for everyone, and set up a table in the breakfast area for us in the evening! All the rooms are spotless, and have everything you need! The breakfast is amazing, just what you need after a night in Newquay :o) I can't compliment St. Bernards enough!

Thankyou Louise and John for a fantastic weekend, we will definately be staying again soon xx

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank sunshine_seeker56
Falkirk
Reviewed 17 May 2011

Returned from weeks stay in Newquay at St Bernards. Accomodation was beautifully furnished , very comfy beds, spotlessly clean and every need met from umbarellas, to fans, to docking stations, with Wi Fi available !! Very centrally located, a minute from the nearest beach and shopping area. Excellent choice at breakfast, perfectly cooked and presented!! Poached eggs and bacon delish !! Lots of different eating tastes available nearby or bring home a carry out meal to the b+b to eat in the Dining room!! Loads of dvd's, games and books available for nights in. Louise could not have been more accomodating and helpful, going out of her way to check public travel services and suggesting interesting places to visit. Highly recommended customer care, would not go anywhere else to stay in Newquay!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank MaisieFalkirk
Islington,London
Reviewed 17 May 2011

You know you are at an exceptional guest house even from the outside St Bernard's stands out from the rest. I have returned to St Bernard's this April and received the usual warm welcome from Louise and John. The rooms are light and airy and the beds are so comfortable it was like sleeping at home.
John does the cooking and the ingredients are fresh and very good quality, the breakfast is delicious.They are very accommodating they even allow you to bring in a takeaway and eat it in the dining room - I've not come across that before. They also have parking which is a bonus so close to the seafront, shops etc.
I highly recommend this guest house and feel it you are lucky enough to stay there you will return as I did and will again and again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank IreneForan
Cahors, France
Reviewed 11 May 2011

St Bernard's is a centrally located, easily accessible guest house, classy and comfortable, recently refurbished to high standards by its competent and friendly owners who went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. Our rooms were well appointed, relaxing and spotlessly clean. The dining room was welcoming and the breakfast delicious - the Full English kept me going all day. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone, we found it excellent value for money.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 30 April 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at the St. Bernard's Guesthouse for nearly a week during the Easter Holiday. First of all I must say that I am a bit picky with guesthouses and B&Bs as I was in the Tourism sector for some years - you start looking at things from a different angle, it's horrible but you start checking and comparing services without noticing and turn into a 'little hotel inspector', especially during your holiday.

However, for me not only the cleanliness, the location and the value are important - the most essential ingredient for the perfect guesthouse or hotel are the people working there. At St. Bernards we found it all - a perfect example for excellent customer service and product quality! We were feeling welcomed and taken care of from the day we arrived - we felt at home. The rooms were beautifully arranged, not a speck of dust and there were many little things which were unexpected (eg. Easter eggs on the bed etc) and added value to our holiday. The breakfast was freshly prepared every day (you must try the Full English Breakfast) – just great.

During the day we went for hikes, watched the surfers at Fistral Beach, went bird watching and experienced fantastic Cornish & international cuisine at places like Jamie Oliver's Fifteen or Rick Stein's Seafood Restaurant in Padstow. The sceneries at the different harbors and the cliffs where breathtaking (don’t forget your camera!) and I only regret that I should have tried surfing. For all golfers: the Newquay Golf club has one of the most beautiful golf courses in the UK with a magnificent view on the deep blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean (only 15 mins from the St Bernards Guesthouse). We got also some good tips for excellent local (Newquay) restaurants and other sights in the area (eg. The Eden project – a must see) from the Louise & John (owners of St Bernards).

We travel a lot but for us it was one of the best vacations. Of course Cornwall is a magnificent area and hard to top. But the hospitality and the excellent service of the St Bernards team made it an unforgettable holiday for us and we will definitely visit Louise and John’s St. Bernards again.

Room Tip: 3 walking min. to the beach and the city centre