“First time in Newquay..... AMAZING!”

St.Bernards Guesthouse
Ranked #5 of 107 Newquay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 June 2013

This was my first visit to Newquay and I came for a friends Hen Weekend. I was pleasantly surprised with the area and the location of this "Gem" of a guesthouse.
We were greeted by Louise, one of the owners. She was extremely pleasant and very welcoming. The room I stayed in was room 4 and it was small but perfect for 1 person. It was clean and beautifully decorated. I did manage to see a couple of the other rooms and I must say they were more than adequate size wise.
Breakfast is served between 8am and 9:30am there is a wide choice and both mornings I decided on the Full English Breakfast. Delicious!!! Came beautifully cooked, not cold and served very quickly. There was tea coffee and a selection of juices.
Louise and her husband John were very accommodating and they are amazing hosts.
The location of St. Bernards is rather central and only a short walk into town and is priced very reasonably.
I could not recommend this guesthouse enough. If you are thinking of staying somewhere while visiting Newquay then this is just the ticket.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank StephenBall

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Hi a great B and B. Left my mobile under a pillow. The owners rang home to let me know that they had it, and then posted it back to me after my holiday was finished.

really good location. Rooms spotless and food great - even for a veggi !!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank michaelharriott
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed for 3 nights recently and had a lovely time. It was refreshing to see such tastefully decorated bedrooms - not a hint of pink or chintz to be seen!! The breakfasts were tasty and well presented, with ample choice - even for me as a vegetarian!The owners were friendly and welcoming and offered tips about places to eat etc. It is in easy walking distance to the town centre.
If we returned to Newquay we would certainly opt to stay here - extremely good value too.

Room Tip: A room at the back would avoid the noise of people coming out of the nearby clubs in the early hours...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Stayed 4 nights, very modern clean and all facilities you could think of (including iPod/iPhone dock) licensed and very reasonably priced (bottle of good wine £7) owners so friendly and go the extra mile. If we return to Newquay, St Bernards will be the first place we will check for our accommodation.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We have just returned from spending 4 nights here. It is a beautiful, modern guesthouse where the owners are so friendly and helpful. It is in a perfect location with everything in walking distance. The breakfasts were superb every morning and our room perfect. The price is extremely reasonable for the quality! We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I booked in after declining the idea of some of the more 'lads hotels' that feature quite heavily in Newquay. I got myself a cracking price on the single occupancy double room and for one person it was ideal, definitely would go back. Lovely service from the owners and they seem to have avoided all the groups of stags/hens that would leave a place like this ruined.

Will definitely be going back to Newquay with my wife in tow, and staying in a place like this is an ideal base to explore this wonderful part of the world.

Room Tip: Double room for single occupancy is ideal for a solo traveller and despite being at the front of the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Absolutely lovely B&B! I booked it based on great reviews online and was not let down in anyway. My expectations were met and further far exceeded! The hosts did all they could to make us feel welcome in their home. The B&B itself is well laid out, spacious and homely yet at the same time radiates boutique elegance. The room was nice size, with all that you could dream of! From your basic towels and toiletries through to TV with DVD. They even offer use of their DVD collection if you wish to chill out in the evening and not leave the comfort of your room! :) They even went as far as to research and print out restaurant vouchers for us as we were thinking of going into town for dinner. Really cannot compliment enough! On day of departure it poured with rain, and instead of booting us out on the streets to wait at the train station or in a coffee bar until our train at 16:00 they let us sit and watch some TV in their lounge/ bar room. Felt like we were at home! Breakfast was amazing, good selection for vegetarians as well! Bed comfortable! Rooms a good temperature! Showers nice and clean with good water pressure! It's right around the corner from Newquay train station and short stroll into town and the harbour :) !! Don't hesitate to book ....

What more can I say! :) Felt like home away from home but fancier!! The final touches and customer care is really what made this place!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple