“Fantastic accommodation with awesome people”

St.Bernards Guesthouse
Ranked #4 of 107 Newquay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I can't begin to describe what a fantastic weekend break we had when we stopped at St Bernards in July 2013. The atmosphere created by Louise and John was friendly,helpfull infact it was as if you were treated like a family member. The rooms were spotless and the breakfasts were really lovely. Infact to prove a point we left a gift in our room and Louise posted it to us straight away. " awesome service" if anyone is planning a break to Newquay then please try here, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Great location, excellent facilities, very clean rooms (they even offer to put a fridge in your room if you so desire), delicious breakfast with plenty of choices including vegetarian and wonderful staff, the owners Louise and Paul cannot do enough for you.........fantastic!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Thank you Louise and Paul for a wonderful stay at St Bernards.
Louise was very helpful in telling me where to park which is a 2 minute walk away.
We were shown to a very nice room which was very quiet and comfortable.
Louise kindly bought us a fridge and fresh milk to the room...lovely touch.
I was also grateful of the fan in the room as it was a very hot night.
The breakfast was lovely and nothing was too much trouble.
I really recommend this B & B. Thanks again Louise and Paul.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I had to pop down to Cornwall for a work trip, Newquay was a great place to stop over, searched around and saw this place, well reviewed so chose to stay here. Booked it easily, even spoke to the owners and they were friendly and very helpful. When I arrived they sorted my parking and when I entered gave me a quick tour of the place, which was immaculate. Showed me to my room again spot on, modern very clean and with all the mod-cons including somewhere to charge my iphone :-) I slept well, and in the morning got down to a lovely breakfast and a friendly chat with my hosts. Overall top notch, very happy to stay there again perhaps for a holiday next time. Thanks guys.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We, a family of four, spent at night at St Bernard's Guesthouse on our walking holiday. Service was impeccable, and we were made very welcome by the hostess. The rooms were very tastefully decorated in a minimalistic way, and though small, had every amenity. Our only complaint was that the double bed in one room was extremely uncomfortable; very small, hard and lumpy. The breakfast was really nice, with a wide choice ranging from full English to smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, oatmeal porridge with honey, hash browns, and homemade jam. We would love to stay here again, if we could have a room with a more comfortable bed. Had the bed been better, I would have given St Bernard's Guesthouse the Excellent rating.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

Came to Newquay on a 'hen do' the owners were so accomadating and friendly they could not do enough for as all seeing as we were a group of 11 we were naturally quite loud but this was never a problem, the location could not be better right at the top of all the bars and clubs but still away enough that you don't hear all the noise well worth a visit whether in a couple or a group and I will certainly be going back

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 23 June 2013

This was my first visit to Newquay and I came for a friends Hen Weekend. I was pleasantly surprised with the area and the location of this "Gem" of a guesthouse.
We were greeted by Louise, one of the owners. She was extremely pleasant and very welcoming. The room I stayed in was room 4 and it was small but perfect for 1 person. It was clean and beautifully decorated. I did manage to see a couple of the other rooms and I must say they were more than adequate size wise.
Breakfast is served between 8am and 9:30am there is a wide choice and both mornings I decided on the Full English Breakfast. Delicious!!! Came beautifully cooked, not cold and served very quickly. There was tea coffee and a selection of juices.
Louise and her husband John were very accommodating and they are amazing hosts.
The location of St. Bernards is rather central and only a short walk into town and is priced very reasonably.
I could not recommend this guesthouse enough. If you are thinking of staying somewhere while visiting Newquay then this is just the ticket.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends