“100% happy”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newquay
Parkdean Newquay Holiday Park
“100% happy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed here from the 16-19 of may .loved it .we had caravan 108 very clean .ime a bit o.c.d so fussy ..no complaints .good size tv and dvd player had everything we needed .good security on park .every one freindly cant say no more .

1 Thank jbcontracts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Dartford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

went for a family trip here last year and lets just say don't even bother. The night we got there we went in to find dirt all over the place and a lot of dust that it smelt like a museum. The sofa bed was broken you couldn't even sleep on it as it was shaped like a Z and we had to wait till the following morning for it to be fixed. My fiance actually caught his finger in the springs and it shut on him and his finger bled. (DANGER HAZARD!) There was graffiti all over the wooden compartment for the sofa bed. The toilet seat was broken that when I sat on it he slid off as it came clean off the hinges! The site itself was very boring, the arcade was tiny with broken machines and full of children running about and throwing things all over the floor. The entertainment bar was SO packed that we couldn't even get in and it was just children's entertainment with not much music. There was very little to do here and I wouldn't go back. The food was burnt and they got my order wrong twice and it was very overpriced. Newquay itself is a lovely place just not this site.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Newquay hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

The location (2/3 miles to Newquay beaches etc) and outdoor swimming pools were fab!!

However this rest was below par. Caravans smaller than other parkdean resorts. Staff r hit or miss. Entertainment below average. Bar n food prices well over considering taste and service!
The parks need some serious tlc too!!!

We were lucky we had the weather on ourside so we could make the best of the pools n beaches... However had it of rained it would have been awful as we would of relied on the insides of complex!!

Park wan Trecco bay is much better

Stayed May 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Staff in restaurant were absolutely useless three times they got our orders wrong after waiting over an hour each time. We didn't think it would get any worse until we decided stupidly to go for breakfast and it took twenty minutes for someone to take outle order despite a lack of customers to then have a lifeguard being the food over after an hour as there were no staff some customers collected their own food. Terrible service all round.

Cwmbran, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Booked with sun holidays for me, my husband and two boys aged 1 and 4. We knew the location wasn't great before arriving having lived in Newquay many years ago, not exactly in the heart of all the action or on any of the beaches, but it was fine for us, a 5 minute drive into the town.

I rang ahead before arriving and ask for a smoke and pet free caravan due to my husband having pet allergies and with a baby I wanted the cleanest caravan I could. I had to pay an extra £20 for the privalage of guarenteeing this which I thought was a rip off as haven allow you to make this request for free.

Arrived at our caravan which was 56 the oaks and we were awfully disappointed. Each area of the park is sectioned off by trees, the oaks only consists of what looks like 10 caravans and it surrounded by really high trees, we were the last caravan down this small tree lined lane, and so we had trees on 3 sides of us, meaning NO SUN!! We had it first thing in the morning, but when we would get in from the pool at 4, we had no where to dry our clothes or towels! We were in complete shade from mid afternoon :(

I don't know if my next complaint was due to is being down a dark lane, and the complete back and side of our van being practically in a bush, but there were bugs everywhere. When we arrived and opened all the windows to air the caravan out there were spiders hiding in every curtain, even more made an appearance when I woke at night to make the baby's bottle, and when morning came the whole kitchen work top was covered in ants. I did spill some infant formula powder on the work top during the night which would of attracted them so for the rest of the stay I made sure every single surface was wiped however every time we left the van and came back they were there, it looked like they were coming from behind the cooker and down the side of the caravan door, they even made their way into our bread and inside the cups. Horrible. Didn't complain as I know bugs are to be expected, but this was excessive and not nice.

Besides the bugs, caravan looked ok, a bit tatty, none of the internal doors closed properly as they were hanging off the hinges, wood peeling off the doors and kitchen cupboards, small holes in walls and ceilings. But we didn't expect much more knowing we hadn't upgraded and would be given their dated standard vans. One lovely suprise was that the beds were actually really comfy and we all had 3 very good nights sleep.

The park it's self was nice, nice pool with plenty of seating (big slide only open for a few hours a day so check times before going or you'll have disappointed kids like we did the first day we went). Entertainment was good for kids, food looked nice although we didn't eat there. Bar staff friendly. Life guards chatty. Couldn't really fault the facilities. Had a look around the park and found most of the caravans were like ours, looking dated and tatty. My advice for next time would be to book a private van from a private owner as they look much nicer and were more spaced out, most with balconys.

Would I stay again, yes, BUT not in their vans, either pay through the nose and upgrade to the best of the bunch or my advice, go private :)

2 Thank MummySofia
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Just got home after a lovely holiday park dean is clean very very helpful staff pool was lovely and warm entertainment was not very good in evening meals were very nice thank you park dean for a lovely holiday

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank julie f
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We both enjoyed our stay here, the caravan was lovely very modern but dispointed with the bathroom was not as clean as the rest of the caravan. On site is not the best caravan site we been on as there's not a lot there like we seen from other parks. Although they did have a lovely pool with a slide just wish it was warmer to go in. There was also an arcade and a restaurant and also night venue which we didn't use so I don't know what entertainment was like. The pot holes outside out caravan they were awful. The town of Newquay is about 2 miles from site it's about £6 in day and £8-12 later on in the night. Overall we enjoyed our stay here but I feel I would try another park next time!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kathybambeno
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newquay
Newquay View Resort
Newquay View Resort
#7 of 74 in Newquay
Perran Sands Holiday Park - Haven
Trelawne Manor Holiday Park
Perran View Holiday Park
Porth Beach Holiday Park
Tencreek Holiday Park

Been to Parkdean Newquay Holiday Park? Share your experiences!