“Brownie was out of this world!!”
Review of Captain Jack's

Captain Jack's
Ranked #81 of 240 Restaurants in Newquay
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
“Brownie was out of this world!!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Went with some friends that had always wanted to visit the venue! We were really impressed by the decor and greeted by a very smiley face! Had ribs with onion rings as a side and my friends had steak. The ribs were really meaty and delicious! Huge portion of onion rings, perfect to share! My friends said their steaks were cooked to perfection! So many dessert choices I couldnt decide so I let the waitress decide and I definitely wasnt disappointed! The chocolate brownie was insanely good, the only downside was it wasnt everlasting!! Well done Captain Jacks!

Santa Monica, California
“My god the ribs.. Great quality”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I came over to England from the US this summer to find all the quaint little British places we see in TV and this is definitely one of them!
Being from the UK's bigger brother, I know a lot about meat, spending time in Texas & New Orleans and this is the best all round food I might have ever had. We started by sharing the New Orleans style BBQ Shrimp which was to die for, full of true southern, soul food flavour and tasted awesome!
For a main dish I had the Ribs and rump steak cooked to medium rare and my fiancée had the pulled pork sandwich.
To start, my ribs were incredible, you could tell that they were good quality as they were pure pork and it just fell of the bone! I spoke to the chef afterwards and he said all their meat was from within 25km of the building, this is awesome!! My steak was cooked perfectly and melted in your mouth, Cornish steak might be better than Longhorn!
The pulled pork sandwich was great, BBQ sauce was amazing and the grilled cheese on top was fantastic!
Service was right on and our waitresses was very attentive and knowledgable of the menu, love the decor and choices of mead wine - what a find, will be back tomorrow..

2 Thank Pat C
Santa Monica, California
“My god, the Ribs.. Great quality!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

1 Thank Pat C
Truro, United Kingdom
“Our new most favorite restaurant”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

From the reviews we had seen already we kind of expected this to be nice , but we was blown away by just how friendly and nice all the staff are , How efficient they are and best of all the food was amazing , Can I find anything negative to say about the place , Simply NO ,NOT A THING , both Myself ,My wife and my 4 yr old Daughter loved it , All of the staff including the Chefs went out of their way to make our evening perfect ( just happened to be my 40th Birthday ) . My daughter loved the swashbuckling theme and although it is still very meadery inside it all worked perfectly , Best Burger I have ever had and Belgian waffle to die for .Thank you to all of the staff . We will be back soon and we will be giving this a 10/10 rating to all our friends and family .

Exeter
“My Favourite Newquay Restaurant”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We come back to Captain Jacks (I still refer to it as the meadery) every time we visit newquay. Please keep the medieval theme!! We love it! This time I had to thank the chefs because the food was just brilliant. Best steak I've had in ages! The chefs and waitress were so welcoming! We'll be back soon! And the previous day we popped in for a glass of Mead and the waiter realised we were trying to connect to the internet, he gave us the wifi password without us asking for it, these little things made a big difference.